The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Goofyernmost

What a great memento that Santa is. I also love your wrapping paper. Dh had just gone to Walmart to look for wrapping paper and said he found nothing he liked. Where did you get yours?
Walmart, but most of it was left over from last year. The green one with the red and white Santa caricatures I bought this week from Walmart. I wanted something with substance, but I over did it. The roll was less then $6.00 but it is 22yds long and 40" wide. I didn't even attempt the math but when I got home I finally realized that 22 yds. is 66 feet. As it was I need it for the BIG packages and still didn't use over 8 ft. of it. You could wrap a car with that and still have some left over. I think it will easily outlive me. The ones to the right, the green with the words "Ho Ho" on it and the one next to it and above it with Holly Jolly printed on it in the squares, were on one roll, printed with different designs on both sides, in fact, all the rest except the big roll were two sided.

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

I ignore all numbers I don’t know. I figure if it is important they will leave a voicemail.
I think we all do that except when you are expecting a call from a doctor or something then you feel you should answer because you want to know about what's going on. You can let it go to voice mail, it depends on your incoming phone call anxiety.

Tony the Tigger

Sounds like it was a great birthday night. I am sure it was a real tough night for B. I remember when my mom passed more than 20 years ago now, my birthday was rough. I didn’t want to celebrate it. When people went to wish me a happy birthday I just wanted to cry because the person responsible for me being on the planet was no longer on it. Time of course does make the pain less, not painless. It will probably be a rough Christmas for B, but he has you, and you obviously are a great comfort to him. An observation completely irrelevant. Brian is either a giant, or those are really short ceilings and his cousin is super tiny. How tall is she?

Brian is 6'3" and Miss Precious Moments Doll is tiny. I'm guessing around 5'2" or so.

Tony the Tigger

Health insurance drama:

Brian had a very expensive Rx that was covered last month suddenly not covered this month. He was trying to work that out, I just figured it was a way for the insurance company to weasel out of paying.

Then I went for a routine check up last week, and the Dr. visit was a $100 copay. I knew that was wrong and almost didn't go through with it. Spent 2 hours on the phone to learn they had changed the parameters of my plan while keeping me on the same plan with the same account number. New parameters: higher deductible, higher monthly payments (by a lot) - and now we know why B's Rx was DOA.

Turns out all those emails they had been sending me required a response. (In fairness, they never did before. They email every year to get our income verified because we do our taxes in October. I always ignore the emails knowing our income will be updated when I file.)

It really shouldn't have had anything to do with that, because that was our 2019 income, which has nothing to do with 2020. When Brian lost his job and my business was closed in the Spring, we were able to call in and get a revision to our projected income, which put us on a better plan for less money. Brian is still not working, and I never claimed I would be closed for the year, I just submitted a revised projection sans two months (which is still accurate.)

They say they fixed it but don't know how long it will take to take effect. I need to get a procedure by the end of the month while our deductible is met or the cost will be problematic. I don't even have an appointment for that yet, getting the referral in the mail probably today. Also I have to file an appeal to get all of this backdated to when they changed our plan. All fun stuff.

MySmallWorldof4

Health insurance drama:

Brian had a very expensive Rx that was covered last month suddenly not covered this month. He was trying to work that out, I just figured it was a way for the insurance company to weasel out of paying.

Then I went for a routine check up last week, and the Dr. visit was a $100 copay. I knew that was wrong and almost didn't go through with it. Spent 2 hours on the phone to learn they had changed the parameters of my plan while keeping me on the same plan with the same account number. New parameters: higher deductible, higher monthly payments (by a lot) - and now we know why B's Rx was DOA.

Turns out all those emails they had been sending me required a response. (In fairness, they never did before. They email every year to get our income verified because we do our taxes in October. I always ignore the emails knowing our income will be updated when I file.)

It really shouldn't have had anything to do with that, because that was our 2019 income, which has nothing to do with 2020. When Brian lost his job and my business was closed in the Spring, we were able to call in and get a revision to our projected income, which put us on a better plan for less money. Brian is still not working, and I never claimed I would be closed for the year, I just submitted a revised projection sans two months (which is still accurate.)

They say they fixed it but don't know how long it will take to take effect. I need to get a procedure by the end of the month while our deductible is met or the cost will be problematic. I don't even have an appointment for that yet, getting the referral in the mail probably today. Also I have to file an appeal to get all of this backdated to when they changed our plan. All fun stuff.
We just got the renewal for our family’s health insurance which is part of a group. I will say this about it. Our mortgage payment which also includes out taxes is about the same cost. That is so very wrong. He also pays the insurance for everyone at his office because he is nice, but it is really getting out of hand. We only have 3 companies to choose from and the prices are pretty similar. Wish we could buy insurance across state lines. These companies have such monopolies.

Tony the Tigger

We just got the renewal for our family’s health insurance which is part of a group. I will say this about it. Our mortgage payment which also includes out taxes is about the same cost. That is so very wrong. He also pays the insurance for everyone at his office because he is nice, but it is really getting out of hand. We only have 3 companies to choose from and the prices are pretty similar. Wish we could buy insurance across state lines. These companies have such monopolies.
According to my CPA friend, I should switch (now during open enrollment) to a business plan so I can deduct the premiums, rather than the family plan we are on now. When I have a minute (read: last minute on December 14) I'll look at the plans.

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
@TINKWINGS , just wanted to mention that I think your new Tink holiday avatar is really cute!

Aw thanks Minnie.....I am currently in tree mode for past couple days....we usually do it all at once but this 3 day gradual thing is not too bad! I have a little red ensemble to wear closer to Christmas but first things first!

Looks like you have been wrapping!!!! 1607096820317.png :D Why not try this on for size?!!;)

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
I'm at the mercy of the phone. Too many unknown calls may be business-related. I have an app that is supposed to block spam calls, but it's very iffy.

I had to get new phone recently due to not having 5G......and now I am getting phone calls labeled Likely Spam as the caller......rather nice as I don't even see the phone number....sure hope noone call worthy gets lost in that mode......:p

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
5np5.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom