The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MySmallWorldof4

Just got back from Thanksgiving in the kiddos back yard, and it was wonderful...!!!!!!! :joyfull::inlove::happy:
Aunt Sassy (our youngest DD Sarah) is off from school and has been tested for Covid (negative) so she’s hangin’ out at their house and her apartment for now. So we’re now distancing from each other, and she took the closeups off Emmy. We ended the night by watchin’ about the first 30 mins. of “Elf” on their backyard screen...!!! :)
Hope y’all all had as wonderful a Thanksgiving as possible, considering this crazy year...!!!!! :happy:

View attachment 515770View attachment 515771View attachment 515772View attachment 515773View attachment 515774View attachment 515775View attachment 515776View attachment 515777View attachment 515778
Emy looks so much like a big girl now.

Goofyernmost

So Baltimore County Public Schools servers got hit by malware. They had to cancel virtual learning today.

Virtual schooling is cancelled because of a computer virus.

I laughed. Hard.
My sister works for the largest Hospital in Vermont. About a month ago they got hit with a Ransomware and have been on a written basis up until this last week. I don't know whether they paid it or bypassed it, but they are currently able to look up histories again. Amazon had a problem for a couple of days where they couldn't access their histories either. Must be the China Ransom Flu.

Goofyernmost

Thank you! I like your idea of combining! There's only 3 in my house who eat fish and one is allergic to shellfish so I'm thinking about combining the shellfish into a fra diavolo as the allergic one isn't fond of of spicy food, I'll make a vegan one for myself. 7 courses plus sides just seemed like a bit much without company;) To be honest I'm enjoying the year without company:angelic:
I'm sorry, I know it's your traditions and that is great, however, this conversation has made me very happy that I am not Italian. I can handle one type of seafood occasionally, but 7 at the same meal. Nope, I would be busy that day.

Songbird76

I do not reccomend this recipe. It was super easy, but didn't come out creamy. Had a grainy texture to it. And I am still scrubbing my crock pot, to boot. If I find a better one, I am happy to share, but this one was a dud.
I'm so sorry to hear that!! That's the problem we've been having with every recipe we've tried. There's no such thing as velveta here, so we have to use regular cheddar, which is also a specialty cheese here and really expensive. But it always comes out grainy and bland. We have yet to find one we like.

StarWarsGirl

My sister works for the largest Hospital in Vermont. About a month ago they got hit with a Ransomware and have been on a written basis up until this last week. I don't know whether they paid it or bypassed it, but they are currently able to look up histories again. Amazon had a problem for a couple of days where they couldn't access their histories either. Must be the China Ransom Flu.
Yeah, ransomware is what the schools got hit with.

They really had it coming though. There was an audit recently, and their IT practices just made me shake my head.

Figgy1

Premium Member
I'm so sorry to hear that!! That's the problem we've been having with every recipe we've tried. There's no such thing as velveta here, so we have to use regular cheddar, which is also a specialty cheese here and really expensive. But it always comes out grainy and bland. We have yet to find one we like.
When using cheddar in a sauce type recipe it's always a good idea to mix it with Monterey Jack or provolone to help it not get grainy and you should find an aged sharp cheddar so it's not bland. edit it may be easier for you to find Fontina than Jack or provolone

wdwfan4ver

Something strange happened today. My dad actually made a Christmas list. What makes it strange is about Every Christmas, he never makes a Christmas list.

Good news is its made before cyber Monday. One thing hasn't changed though. He bought something that he wants as a gift with a family member gift wrapping it with him opening it for Christmas.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom