The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

FutureCEO

@Tony the Tigger I have a question only you can answer due to the amount of people who have strange traditions here.;) Seeing it's just us would it be wrong if I cut back on the amount of fishes this year? I know I probably won't but...................... I still have the stuffed pork loin on the menu for Christmas dinner

I'll come over for fishes. Being Italian, one would think my family would have had 7 fishes but nooooo.

FutureCEO

Second Christmas movie of the season was yesterday. First was Love Actually...it's a tradition.

The Christmas Chronicles 2 ( Kurt Russell)....it was interesting. Apparently, it's a tradition also for Christmas movies to be outrageous. Love Santa Clause 1 but 2 and 3 got a little out of hand.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Our first real tree. Pre-ornaments.
View attachment 516154
Wanted to do something special this year. When B went to his cousin’s house at 8:30AM to start the turkey, I went out and picked this up. I had it lit along with some of our outdoor decorations when we came home from dinner that night.

This reminded me of our first Christmas together in 2006. He went up to Melbourne the night before. I was working late at the bar. In the morning, I went out and bought a big Martha Stewart tree and all new ornaments and set it up in his apartment before driving up for dinner - and then home to work that night.

This year smells much nicer!

We’ll hang all our “trip ornaments” tomorrow, including our new one from this summer’s Disney visit.

Oh, I like that! :happy: (Just a reminder, as you mnentioned you hadn't had a real tree in some time -- please be sure to check the water level daily -- especially at the beginning, when it will be taking in extra water each day. Turn off lights nightly, as you know, to prevent a possible fire hazard, particularly as the tree gets drier in the weeks to come.)

Enjoy! I'm thinking in about a week, to get ours, too! :) Hey, what does Kylie think about the tree? ;)

MouseDreaming

Sounds good! We don't do cranberry sauce because none of us like it. They don't have the jelly stuff over here anyway. I finally found Stovetop Stuffing about a month ago and bought 10 boxes of it....it was sold out again a week later. Everything else I have to do from scratch because they don't have any of it here. No canned pumpkin, no gravy mix, no pie crusts. I thought about doing the crescent rolls because that's the only kind you can get in the can...dinner rolls don't exist here. But I wanted to try to make regular rolls from scratch.
Would you mind sharing the mac n cheese recipe, please? I have yet to try my crock pot and the recipes we've used for mac n cheese have not been a success. I'd like to try something different.

Anyone have other crock pot recipes they love?
I do not reccomend this recipe. It was super easy, but didn't come out creamy. Had a grainy texture to it. And I am still scrubbing my crock pot, to boot. If I find a better one, I am happy to share, but this one was a dud.

MouseDreaming

Sounds good! We don't do cranberry sauce because none of us like it. They don't have the jelly stuff over here anyway. I finally found Stovetop Stuffing about a month ago and bought 10 boxes of it....it was sold out again a week later. Everything else I have to do from scratch because they don't have any of it here. No canned pumpkin, no gravy mix, no pie crusts. I thought about doing the crescent rolls because that's the only kind you can get in the can...dinner rolls don't exist here. But I wanted to try to make regular rolls from scratch.
Would you mind sharing the mac n cheese recipe, please? I have yet to try my crock pot and the recipes we've used for mac n cheese have not been a success. I'd like to try something different.

Anyone have other crock pot recipes they love?
Crock pot recipe I love-
About 1.5 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breast. ( Guessing that will be edited, so white meat). Cover with BBQ sauce. 4-5 hours on the lowest setting. Shred chicken and give it a good stir to soak up the sauce. Place on sandwich buns. BBQ pulled chicken. One kid likes to garnish with avacado slices, the other with a slice of cheddar.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom