The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MySmallWorldof4

Ugh....E started coughing last night and woke up with a sore throat and a slight fever. To the test street she goes! She has to isolate in her room....:( I hope she's negative. Don't know where she'd have gotten it. No cases at her school for the past two weeks, and none of us have had any symptoms. DH works from home, so the only person going out besides to school is me. So hopefully it's just a standard cold/flu bug.
Sorry she is sick. I am sure she will have a speedy recovery.

MySmallWorldof4

According to the news, they will not be lightening the restrictions before Christmas, so no family gatherings this year. Cases aren't decreasing fast enough, and now they are looking at schools because some research shows those might be hot spots for spreading it. Gee....1500 kids packed in like sardines with only a mask mandate in the hallways...ya think??

No results back yet for E, but then she was only tested a few hours ago, so we weren't expecting any yet. We had to pick A up from school because we're not allowed to go to work or school unless and until she has a negative result. So I can't go to work, and A had to come home from school. He's not happy...he's supposed to have Tennis tomorrow, but can't go if we don't have results back yet.
The fast test in the US has too many false positives. The longer test is the one that is diagnostic.

Figgy1

Premium Member
None. I have a pair of gym shoes that I wear when I'll be walking a lot, like at work, I have a pair of shoes that are black and I wear for every day use when it's too cold for sandals, and I have a pair of sandals to wear in the Summer, except at work where sandals are not allowed. I do now have a nice pair of sandals that I've only worn a couple of times....those are dressy for more special occassions. But that's it. I am very picky about shoes. I won't buy them if they are uncomfortable or if they won't match pretty much everything.
I'm badish. 2 pairs "dressy sandals one light one black both get worn, more than 2 pairs of Crocs flip flops in a few colors but they get worn everywhere pretty much mostly what I wear in summer(all bought on sale), 2 pairs sneakers 1 for in public 1 for yard work, black pumps, three pairs dressier boots that can be worn with my entire winter wardrobe outfits(bogo and half price sale) and 2 pairs "snow" boots(bogo one can be worn in public)

Figgy1

Premium Member
Ugh....E started coughing last night and woke up with a sore throat and a slight fever. To the test street she goes! She has to isolate in her room....:( I hope she's negative. Don't know where she'd have gotten it. No cases at her school for the past two weeks, and none of us have had any symptoms. DH works from home, so the only person going out besides to school is me. So hopefully it's just a standard cold/flu bug.
Prayers and pixie dust

Goofyernmost

I guess it depends on how much you love your job. I think he has a pretty sweet situation at Disney, and you see a lot of those imagineers staying on until they really can't anymore. I just figured he'd probably be there forever. I can't imagine why they'd force him out after such a long time, but who am I?
They've done it before with Mr. Baxter. One of the best Imagineers they ever had. Reason? Probably the size of the salary. I don't doubt that Joe loved creating things and he was awfully good at it, but he had to deal with the cost cutting accountants constantly compromising the degree of quality of each build. He can create on his own without a bunch of faces stopping him mid-thought. If I were in is position with what I assume is a pretty good sized nest egg. I would want out so I could pursue my creative talent in a less frustrating manner. Financially I'm sure he has everything he will ever need and he might just consider his boss's to be complete idiots. Either way, whether he was asked to retire or he did it on his own, I'll bet he will enjoy whatever creative life he has left and quietly sit and watch Disney repeatedly shoot themselves in the foot.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom