The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

wdwfan4ver

I'm baffled by this. Didn't people learn anything about shortages this year? When items like TP and paper towels finally came back and there were plenty of the shelves, I'd just buy a package each week for a few weeks. So I have a reasonable amount in reserve, but I never went nutty buying a ton of this stuff all at once. When people hoard stuff all at once, that's what creates shortages. 🤦‍♀️
I know a couple relatives that went nuts for overstocking since covid-19 started including overbuying meat and cat food.

As bad as this is, there is something I am baffled by in terms of stupidity. I read last night that there is a franchise grocery store in Sheboygan that does not mandate masks at 7 at night and employees don't wear a mask starting at that time at night either:facepalm:. Basically it sounds like the owner is acting like covid-19 can not spread past 7 at night.

Songbird76

Just thought of something: how many pairs of shoes ETA (do women have) that “only go with X outfit” or some such? :) If you are anything like Mrs Willmark, just saying.
None. I have a pair of gym shoes that I wear when I'll be walking a lot, like at work, I have a pair of shoes that are black and I wear for every day use when it's too cold for sandals, and I have a pair of sandals to wear in the Summer, except at work where sandals are not allowed. I do now have a nice pair of sandals that I've only worn a couple of times....those are dressy for more special occassions. But that's it. I am very picky about shoes. I won't buy them if they are uncomfortable or if they won't match pretty much everything.

Songbird76

None 😂😂 I’m kind of a minimalist so I don’t even really have outfit parts that can only be worn in one outfit. I’m a bad example though. I do know a lot of fem with a lot of shoes, but i know a lot of guys with a lot of shoes too 😂😂 People in general have way too much stuff
So it's not just me!! Good to know. Although I do have too much stuff. But where clothes are concerned, I have to have things that are comfy and that I can make a lot of different combinations with. And I'm sooooo cheap. There's this dress I've been wanting since the Spring or Summer, but it was like 35 Euros, and I just don't want to pay that much. It probably doesn't sound like much to most people, but I just don't have that much to spend on clothes, so if I spend that on ONE item, that's a lot. But it came out in a "singles day" sale for 12 Euros, so I snatched it up! It's multicolored blue, so I can wear dark blue leggings under it in the winter, and I have a dark blue cardigan for if it's really cold.

Songbird76

Ugh....E started coughing last night and woke up with a sore throat and a slight fever. To the test street she goes! She has to isolate in her room....:( I hope she's negative. Don't know where she'd have gotten it. No cases at her school for the past two weeks, and none of us have had any symptoms. DH works from home, so the only person going out besides to school is me. So hopefully it's just a standard cold/flu bug.

Goofyernmost

That is unexpected!! I figured him for a lifer!!
Well, 40 years might be as close to being a lifer as he wants to go. I'm sure that The Disney Company has compensated him quite will over all those years and at 65 people are sliding down the backside of life pretty rapidly. Someone with his resources and imagination is probably going to have time now for a lot of personal projects that aren't dictated to him by someone with nothing more then a sharp pencil and the ability to cut costs on a whim. Personally, I have never understood what motivates people with no financial worries to keep dealing with the BS of corporate life, when what is left of their life is standing right in front of them.

He may have been forced out, but if I were in his place and I am just a few years older, I wouldn't be able to get out of that environment fast enough. My only hope is that soon, when his family starts to scan the room for elderly tripping possibilities they talk him into taking that pile of scrap metal from his earlobe before it reaches the ground and he trips over it. Without it he may also be able to pass by a magnet without being drawn into it.

93boomer

Premium Member
Ugh....E started coughing last night and woke up with a sore throat and a slight fever. To the test street she goes! She has to isolate in her room....:( I hope she's negative. Don't know where she'd have gotten it. No cases at her school for the past two weeks, and none of us have had any symptoms. DH works from home, so the only person going out besides to school is me. So hopefully it's just a standard cold/flu bug.
Sending pixie dust!!

Songbird76

Well, 40 years might be as close to being a lifer as he wants to go. I'm sure that The Disney Company has compensated him quite will over all those years and at 65 people are sliding down the backside of life pretty rapidly. Someone with his resources and imagination is probably going to have time now for a lot of personal projects that aren't dictated to him by someone with nothing more then a sharp pencil and the ability to cut costs on a whim. Personally, I have never understood what motivates people with no financial worries to keep dealing with the BS of corporate life, when what is left of their life is standing right in front of them.

He may have been forced out, but if I were in his place and I am just a few years older, I wouldn't be able to get out of that environment fast enough. My only hope is that soon, when his family starts to scan the room for elderly tripping possibilities they talk him into taking that pile of scrap metal from his earlobe before it reaches the ground and he trips over it. Without it he may also be able to pass by a magnet without being drawn into it.
I guess it depends on how much you love your job. I think he has a pretty sweet situation at Disney, and you see a lot of those imagineers staying on until they really can't anymore. I just figured he'd probably be there forever. I can't imagine why they'd force him out after such a long time, but who am I?

Songbird76

According to the news, they will not be lightening the restrictions before Christmas, so no family gatherings this year. Cases aren't decreasing fast enough, and now they are looking at schools because some research shows those might be hot spots for spreading it. Gee....1500 kids packed in like sardines with only a mask mandate in the hallways...ya think??

No results back yet for E, but then she was only tested a few hours ago, so we weren't expecting any yet. We had to pick A up from school because we're not allowed to go to work or school unless and until she has a negative result. So I can't go to work, and A had to come home from school. He's not happy...he's supposed to have Tennis tomorrow, but can't go if we don't have results back yet.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom