The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

donaldtoo

He will but he has problems keeping his hands off his face more so when he's nervous. That also means he'll have problems not moving it around and not touching his eyes. We've been practicing in case he has to go anywhere, I also have goggles for him to wear if he does. Those he likes:rolleyes: He won't wear sunglasses but he'll keep the goggles on for a while

Matthew is good about wearing a mask. After all, he has to wear one at the Goodwill store down the road where he works. But, he's also only there from 9a-2:30p Tues.-Fri. We've heard no complaints from his job.
But, when he's around people not from our household, he tends to pull it down below his nose too often, and we hafta' remind him often not to get too close.
It's really tough on him when we're visiting my folks in their temp. digs backyard, because he was so used to hugging them all the time, but, that won't be happening for a while yet.

On a related note, my folks fire rebuild is almost done...!!!!!!! :joyfull:
The new guy from Paul Davis really kicked in the afterburners, and they will definitely be back their home shortly after Thanksgiving...!!!!! :inlove::happy:
Just crazy to think they woulda' already been back in their home a few months ago if this woulda' been the work ethic employed from the get-go. :bored:
Anyway, they can't wait to move back in...!!! :)

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Anyone see the finale of Dancing with the Stars last night? As usual, I fell asleep early (ugh!), well before the end. Anyway, I do like the couple that won, although all the dancers were really good. (I saw some clips of last night's show, this morning.)

Couples aside, I have to say my favorite dancer (extremely talented) is Derek Hough (who was one of the judges this season). I've seen him dance in other shows as well (including one of the Disney specials one year). I truly think he's just as good as Fred Astaire was. :happy:

Songbird76

The fast test in the US has too many false positives. The longer test is the one that is diagnostic.
Yeah, this is the longer one. They said within 48 hours. I was a bit worried because the lady who made the appointment for us didn't seem very....on the ball? When I called, she asked how old E is, and I told her 14, and she said she needed E's permission for me to make an appointment. Why? She's a minor...it should be ME giving permission for her to have a medical procedure. I described the symptoms to her, and as she's asking for information, she keeps pausing, like she's checking on a list because she doesn't really know what she needs. "Can you give me.....um....her social security number?" "Uh....do you have....her birthdate?" Then, because DH was going to be driving her, he needed to make the appointment because he knows if he has meetings set up at a certain time for work, and I don't. So I give him the phone, and then she asks him about the symptoms. He says "My wife already told you all this, didn't she?" It was just a bit bizarre. So then she tells him that we'll get an email with the details and also an SMS, with a QR code that he'll need for them to scan. Only it came to MY email address because I was the one talking to the lady. She said there was no testing place in our town...what?? How can that be? This is the big "city" in our area. And for some reason she couldn't make an appointment at the closest facility to us, which is about 20 minutes from here. So he had to drive her about 40 minutes to get the test, but the email with the QR code didn't come until 15 minutes before her appointment. I was getting ready to call again because I still hadn't gotten it and I was worried that she had gotten my email address wrong or something because she seemed so confused when she was entering it and I had to repeat it a couple of times. It all worked out, but it didn't inspire much confidence in the person setting up the appointments. After DH got off the phone with her, he was rolling his eyes, and I said "She was a bit...." and we both said "slow" at the same time, and he finished with "in more than one way". So I know it wasn't just me. She really was a bit off. As long as the person conducting the test was competent, I'm ok. Now it's just playing the waiting game.

Songbird76

I'm badish. 2 pairs "dressy sandals one light one black both get worn, more than 2 pairs of Crocs flip flops in a few colors but they get worn everywhere pretty much mostly what I wear in summer(all bought on sale), 2 pairs sneakers 1 for in public 1 for yard work, black pumps, three pairs dressier boots that can be worn with my entire winter wardrobe outfits(bogo and half price sale) and 2 pairs "snow" boots(bogo one can be worn in public)
Oh, well if we're counting weather-related things, I have a pair of rain boots that I wear to the lamb adoption day every year, because you can go into the field and stuff, so I don't like to wear nice shoes for that. But I didn't count those as they are more functional gear rather than fashion-ware.

MinnieM123

Premium Member

MouseDreaming

Oh no. Just before the holidays, too. Very sad to hear your job news. :(
It is ok. It is just a little job, for some extra money, not the difference between eating and not, which too many are experiencing.

I use miss having something that is not housework related. And the kids. I really miss the kiddos. It was great getting to see them for a few weeks.

Songbird76

And, laid off, again. Can't say I didn't see it coming. Fingers crossed these numbers start coming down, so we can go back in January.

Trying not to think about it too much, because it is Mashed Potatoes Day! Making my Mom's Make Ahead Mashed Potatoes for turkey day.
Ugh....that really sucks. And kind of lousy timing, right before a major holiday. How long had you had the job?

MouseDreaming

Ugh....that really sucks. And kind of lousy timing, right before a major holiday. How long had you had the job?
I have been doing this for years. But, no kids to supervise. I was hoping they would pay us for the few weeks before winter break, just to be able to retain some people. When we came back in October, I was down to 3 people, with 2 more coming back in November. I have 18 rooms to cover, so there were quite a few teachers that stepped up, doubling rooms, which is worse than it sounds. 2 connected rooms, with no more than 12 kids between the two. Still, it would have been easier to get people back, instead having all the elementary schools scrambling to find coverage when we go back. And then trying to get those people trained. I felt so bad. I normally have a new person train for at least a week until they are comfortable. New person that started got one day of shadowing, and then the vice principal gave her a classroom.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
And, laid off, again. Can't say I didn't see it coming. Fingers crossed these numbers start coming down, so we can go back in January.

Trying not to think about it too much, because it is Mashed Potatoes Day! Making my Mom's Make Ahead Mashed Potatoes for turkey day.

bummer about they lay off but mashed potatoes sound excellent and should help comfort a bit.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom