The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

donaldtoo

Last Friday (the 13th, and I’ve posted before that I once broke my foot on a Friday the 13th...when I was 13 :hilarious:) started off a bit suspect...
For the first time during this whole damn-demic, I forgot to take one of our good masks from home to the office, and my front drivers side tire blew out on the freeway at 70 mph... :cyclops:
I pulled off the freeway as far as I could get into the grass, but, that was a fun chore under those conditions...!!!!! 🤪:hilarious:
Anyhoo, I managed to clock in only 16 mins. late, and no further Friday the 13th-ness went down the rest of the day...!!! ;):)

Last edited:

donaldtoo

That's not my pantry I can spot gluten containing items;)

This reminded me, for some reason... 🤷‍♂️
Had a bunch of blood work done Tuesday mornin’ for the first time in a while.
Had a video appointment with my doc at 8:45a yesterday.
My cholesterol was a little high at 208, but, as per usual, the good cholesterol far offset the bad, so no red flag there.
All my other numbers were great, but, she did comment @MySmallWorldof4 that my vitamin D was at 78, and suggested I back off from 10,000 IU per day to 5,000.
I’ve researched so many good things about vitamin D in regards to protecting against cancer, COVID , general immune system boost. etc.
The optimal numbers I’ve researched that I’ve seen are between 30-100, and I’ve not read about any negative side affects at the higher levels.
would love to hear your feedback, as I know you’ve researched vitamin D extensively...!!! :)

Figgy1

Premium Member
This reminded me, for some reason... 🤷‍♂️
Had a bunch of blood work done Tuesday mornin’ for the first time in a while.
Had a video appointment with my doc at 8:45a yesterday.
My cholesterol was a little high at 208, but, as per usual, the good cholesterol far offset the bad, so no red flag there.
All my other numbers were great, but, she did comment @MySmallWorldof4 that my vitamin D was at 78, and suggested I back off from 10,000 IU per day to 5,000.
I’ve researched so many good things about vitamin D in regards to protecting against cancer, COVID , general immune system boost. etc.
The optimal numbers I’ve seen are between 30-100, and I’ve not read about any negative side affects at the higher levels.
would love to hear your feedback, as I know you’ve researched vitamin D extensively...!!! :)
Did you ask your doctor why you should cut back? There may be a reason. That being said I can't think of one but I'm not a licensed health care worker

donaldtoo

Did you ask your doctor why you should cut back? There may be a reason. That being said I can't think of one but I'm not a licensed health care worker

Nope...I was probably so elated to hear my liver enzymes/liver functions were still so great that I neglected to follow up with that...!!!!! 🍻:hilarious:
But, if between 30-100 is OK, then I’m still gonna’ take the 10,000 IU like I have been when I’m only at 78...I don’t wanna’ drop down to a (vitamin) D-...!!!!! :D;):hilarious:

donaldtoo

We always keep at least 2 or 3 full weeks of food in the house once snow season is upon us, well that and I stock when there's a really good sale on items we regularly use. The pantry has 3 4 foot long shelving units the top shelf is set at 6 foot high the cleaning/laundry unit is 3 foot long, my dh built shelving for the homemade canned goods, there's an area for toilet paper and paper towels and the 5 gallon bottles of water now have their own rack.

I’m gonna’ suggest this as our new chamber of commerce slogan... :D:hilarious:
Austin, Texas...no snow season pantry stocking down here...!!!”

wdwfan4ver

O.k. So we all know that dogs are odd. I just leaned down to tie my sneaker, and Jack immediately comes over and pushes his face against mine. Apparently, with my head lowered down to his height, he assumed I was leaning down for a close conversation. :rolleyes: 🐶
At least it wasn't like a dog my late grandma had or the one one of my aunts had. Grandma had a dog that shed and stink. One of my aunts had a dog that actually liked chase and bite its own tail.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom