The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Figgy1

Premium Member
despicable me christmas GIF
1603751533907.png

ImperfectPixie

Indeed, to that first part...!!!!! :inlove::happy:;)
I’m still tryin’ to think, and can’t remember any... 🤔
But, it’s not like they didn’t have meltdowns in other places. We tried to shop together as much as possible, and I was in charge of removin’ “The Meltdowner’s” from the store. it didn’t really happen all that often with the first 2 kiddos, but, youngest DD could be fun sometimes...also why she’s known as “Aunt Sassy” to her niece...!!!!! :hilarious:
Oh, we've had our fair share, too. My youngest was famous for not behaving well in public by the time he was 2 1/2...it took working with him for 3 months, with 5 or 6 excursions a week, leaving early, etc. to get him ready for his first trip to WDW at that age. He was also a runner...and we worked on that (and the potty training) for our next trip when he was 4 1/2 because he wasn't using a stroller much by then. By his 3rd trip, he was such a good traveler that a woman tapped me on the shoulder after we landed and said "I had no idea you had two kids with you!" Disney restaurants have never been an issue, but it took a long time for my MIL to understand that if she wanted to do dinner out with everyone as a family, she needed to choose much more kid-friendly places (she likes higher-end, fancy-pants restaurants). The boys are 9 and 14 (our oldest is very high functioning...if you meet him outside of school, you can't really tell he's autistic until he hones in on his preferred topics) and they're both really great (and very sweet) kids...we consider ourselves very blessed. My FIL passed last year, and at the memorial dinner, they helped out in a huge way by entertaining their little cousins who were about 18 months old and keeping them in one corner of the room my MIL had booked for the meal...they're both super gentle with younger kiddos...to the point that my younger son's teacher actually has him help out with kiddos who are new to his class or are shy...now I have to go give him a big hug and a kiss! :joyfull:

donaldtoo

Oh, we've had our fair share, too. My youngest was famous for not behaving well in public by the time he was 2 1/2...it took working with him for 3 months, with 5 or 6 excursions a week, leaving early, etc. to get him ready for his first trip to WDW at that age. He was also a runner...and we worked on that (and the potty training) for our next trip when he was 4 1/2 because he wasn't using a stroller much by then. By his 3rd trip, he was such a good traveler that a woman tapped me on the shoulder after we landed and said "I had no idea you had two kids with you!" Disney restaurants have never been an issue, but it took a long time for my MIL to understand that if she wanted to do dinner out with everyone as a family, she needed to choose much more kid-friendly places (she likes higher-end, fancy-pants restaurants). The boys are 9 and 14 (our oldest is very high functioning...if you meet him outside of school, you can't really tell he's autistic until he hones in on his preferred topics) and they're both really great (and very sweet) kids...we consider ourselves very blessed. My FIL passed last year, and at the memorial dinner, they helped out in a huge way by entertaining their little cousins who were about 18 months old and keeping them in one corner of the room my MIL had booked for the meal...they're both super gentle with younger kiddos...to the point that my younger son's teacher actually has him help out with kiddos who are new to his class or are shy...now I have to go give him a big hug and a kiss! :joyfull:

First, sincerest condolences on your FIL’s passing.
All 3 of our kiddos are similar, as they love little kiddos and animals. Both DD’s were teachin’ at an inclusive (many “normal” kiddos along with many special needs kiddos)
private school until oldest DD quit to be home with our granddaughter. Youngest DD still teaches there. They’re both also on the BOD of a pediatric cancer non-profit. We taught them from a young age to give back, and they continue to do so...!!!!! :happy:
And yes, hug them every chance you get, and don’t blink...!!!!! ;)
We didn’t do our first family trip to WDW until our youngest was 6. Our oldest turned 10 on that trip.
We did a “Worldwind” trip with our granddaughter on Oct. 29th of last year. Unfortunately, I was the only other family member to be able to fit the trip into my schedule. So glad we got it in before everything went nutso...!!!!! 🤪:hilarious:
My fave pic from that trip, from Jungle Cruise...!!!!!!! :inlove::happy:

9CB69037-F9AE-4D47-8C0D-E47A805BCAD1.jpeg

ImperfectPixie

First, sincerest condolences on your FIL’s passing.
All 3 of our kiddos are similar, as they love little kiddos and animals. Both DD’s were teachin’ at an inclusive (many “normal” kiddos along many special needs kiddos)
private school until oldest DD quit to be home with our granddaughter. Youngest DD still teaches there. They’re both also on the BOD of a pediatric cancer non-profit. We taught them from a young age to give back, and they continue to do so...!!!!! :happy:
And yes, hug them every chance you get, and don’t blink...!!!!! ;)
We didn’t do our first family trip to WDW until our youngest was 6. Our oldest turned 10 on that trip.
We did a “Worldwind” trip with our granddaughter on Oct. 29th of last year. Unfortunately, I was the only other family member to be able to fit the trip into my schedule. So glad we got it in before everything went nutso...!!!!! 🤪:hilarious:
My fave pic from that trip, from Jungle Cruise...!!!!!!! :inlove::happy:

View attachment 508606
OMG! That face!!! 😍 😍 😍

Cesar R M

Some photos of my quick trip to a small rustic town called MASCOTA in my state.

Attachments

• DSC_1816_DxO.jpg
    DSC_1816_DxO.jpg
    347.4 KB · Views: 13
  • DSC_1819_DxO.jpg
    DSC_1819_DxO.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 13
  • DSC_1830_DxO.jpg
    DSC_1830_DxO.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 12
  • DSC_1848_DxO.jpg
    DSC_1848_DxO.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 9
  • DSC_1886_DxO.jpg
    DSC_1886_DxO.jpg
    221.9 KB · Views: 10
  • DSC_1908_DxO.jpg
    DSC_1908_DxO.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 8
  • DSC_1924_DxO.jpg
    DSC_1924_DxO.jpg
    408.2 KB · Views: 7
  • DSC_1938_DxO.jpg
    DSC_1938_DxO.jpg
    234.1 KB · Views: 8
  • Untitled_Panorama-2.jpg
    Untitled_Panorama-2.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 13

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom