The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MySmallWorldof4

It isn't! I was always the smallest in my class.
I was the smallest or second smallest. A mean boy in one of my classes used to sing to me the "Short People" song. I actually reminded him of that at our 25 year high school reunion. I told him he was a (insert mildly bad word) for doing that. That felt good. :) I got to 5'2" which is taller than my mom was. My dad was 6 feet. My son who is 17 is 5'8", so hoping he gets to 6 feet. My dh is 5'9". My oldest daughter who is 19 is 5'3" and change. My 13 year old dd is over 5 feet now.

MySmallWorldof4

I've been paying attention more to that lately.

My hair color, for instance, I always thought was my mom's. It's a very distinctive brunette. I have natural blonde in my hair. It's very apparent after I've been in Florida or to the beach. During the winter it darkens. I've actually had to explain to my black friends and Asian friends that no, I don't dye my hair, it's just multicolored on its own. Anyway, I thought I inherited it from Mom until I saw a younger picture of her and realized her hair was much darker and basically dark brown without highlights. Then two of my cousins on Dad's side randomly inherited it. I asked my grandma and she said my grandfather's sisters had my color hair. My dad and grandfather had much darker.

So now when people say my mom and I have the same hair, I'm like, "Uh, no, that's not her natural color." 😂
My hair is like that. I was born blonde and it just darkened where I have light brown, blond, and red in it. I blame living in the north for having less light hair. When we spend time in Florida it lightens a bit. I love the sun.

MySmallWorldof4

Read this interesting story about milk, but no thanks to fake milk! :jawdrop:

There's already plenty of alternative milk-type products out there like almond milk, etc., etc.

Someone's got to speak up for the cows. Cows are cool. I support cows. Real cows rule!! :cool:

No impossible food stuff for me. I do like coconut milk though, but it isn't lab processed, just coconut meat and its water.

MySmallWorldof4

Busy weekend. Aside from cooking, youngest had a team builder for her cheer team. It was fun. They painted pumpkins and played games. Sunday was regular practice and the parents got to watch. They learned their last stunt for their routine. It looks so good and impressive. This team is going to be great! I cannot wait for them to show us the whole routine.

donaldtoo

Sounds like he really is a miracle! 😍

Yes, for the most part, my boys are really good about rolling with the punches (they actually level out at WDW, even with all the noise and craziness...the overstimulation seems to help them, rather than hinder them). It's when schedules are spoken about in vague terms that it throws them, like "this" or "next". My oldest also has a hard time with rules that are added after-the-fact...like a sudden rule change at school that wasn't announced at the beginning of the year.

Thank you...!!! :)
Matthew is the same at WDW...he’s in his element...fun and fantasy...can’t remember a single meltdown over the years...!!!! :happy:
The challenges are worth it, though...a friend of ours from way back with a special needs child (unfortunately, and sadly, the young woman passed last year of complications from her neuromuscular disease) put it in a way that was really cool... “The big guy gave her to us ‘cause he knew we could handle it. We are both honored, and up to it...!!!” :inlove::happy:

donaldtoo

My oldest (C, who is 14) is almost 2" taller than me. I'm about 5'4 1/2". I was the product of a 5'2" mother and 6'3" father. I have a feeling he's going to be REALLY tall...

Mom is 5’-3”-ish, pop is 5’-7”ish. I’m the oldest of 4. I’m 5’-10 (was in my youth anyway :hilarious:), next youngest bro is about 5’-9”, youngest bro is also 5’-10”, and 12-year-younger lil’ sis is 5’-3”. My short-ish folks fed us good...!!!!!!!!!!! :joyfull::hilarious:

ImperfectPixie

Thank you...!!! :)
Matthew is the same at WDW...he’s in his element...fun and fantasy...can’t remember a single meltdown over the years...!!!! :happy:
The challenges are worth it, though...a friend of ours from way back with a special needs child (unfortunately, and sadly, the young woman passed last year of complications from her neuromuscular disease) put it in a way that was really cool... “The big guy gave her to us ‘cause he knew we could handle it. We are both honored, and up to it...!!!” :inlove::happy:
YES!!! God gives special children to special people. ❤️ ❤️ ❤️

We've only had ONE melt-down at WDW and it was ALL MY FAULT. Dumbo is our younger son's favorite ride, and our last ride before leaving Magic Kingdom and heading directly to the airport was Tomorrowland Speedway...but this idiot right here didn't realize that YOU CAN SEE DUMBO WHILE YOU'RE ON THE TRACK. We get off the Speedway and proceed to leave MK while dragging a kicking, screaming, throwing-himself-on-the-ground 4 1/2-year-old the entire way. 🤦‍♀️

They both do amazingly well...never any whining or complaining about anything. We don't even have to do anything in any particular order or avoid certain areas or anything. The ONLY difference between bringing the kiddos and hubby and I going alone, is that they can't tolerate the sound quality/volume levels of shows that are under a roof or indoors, so we just avoid those for now. We actually potty trained our younger son at WDW...he was being UBER stubborn about using the potty at home (he was almost 5) and we happened to have a trip planned, so I just didn't bring any pull-ups and planned potty breaks every 2 hours. The disruption of his regular routine worked like a charm and we never looked back.

donaldtoo

YES!!! God gives special children to special people. ❤️ ❤️ ❤️

We've only had ONE melt-down at WDW and it was ALL MY FAULT. Dumbo is our younger son's favorite ride, and our last ride before leaving Magic Kingdom and heading directly to the airport was Tomorrowland Speedway...but this idiot right here didn't realize that YOU CAN SEE DUMBO WHILE YOU'RE ON THE TRACK. We get off the Speedway and proceed to leave MK while dragging a kicking, screaming, throwing-himself-on-the-ground 4 1/2-year-old the entire way. 🤦‍♀️

They both do amazingly well...never any whining or complaining about anything. We don't even have to do anything in any particular order or avoid certain areas or anything. The ONLY difference between bringing the kiddos and hubby and I going alone, is that they can't tolerate the sound quality/volume levels of shows that are under a roof or indoors, so we just avoid those for now. We actually potty trained our younger son at WDW...he was being UBER stubborn about using the potty at home (he was almost 5) and we happened to have a trip planned, so I just didn't bring any pull-ups and planned potty breaks every 2 hours. The disruption of his regular routine worked like a charm and we never looked back.

Indeed, to that first part...!!!!! :inlove::happy:;)
I’m still tryin’ to think, and can’t remember any... 🤔
But, it’s not like they didn’t have meltdowns in other places. We tried to shop together as much as possible, and I was in charge of removin’ “The Meltdowner’s” from the store. it didn’t really happen all that often with the first 2 kiddos, but, youngest DD could be fun sometimes...also why she’s known as “Aunt Sassy” to her niece...!!!!! :hilarious:

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Shhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!! James pops in to read every once in a while
despicable me christmas GIF

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom