The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Songbird76

I'm not american, I do not think I can join these right?
Yes, you can. You can join from anywhere. We joined in 2019 on our trip to get a discount at Saltgrass Steak House there in Orlando or Kissimmee or wherever it was. And once you pay the 25 dollar join fee, you're done with that. There are restaurants all over the place...none in the Netherlands, but they have them all over the US and I'm not sure where all. But your card works wherever they have restaurants and they have monthly deals, etc.

Songbird76

Nice! I can cross-stitch like there's no tomorrow...but couldn't sew anything else to save my life.
No need to sew!! Yellow rain poncho, black marker....draw the Ms on the front. Boom....yellow m&m. OR 2 pieces of yellow poster board cut into oval shape, draw the M's attach the two with strings so it can slip over your head. I was a ladybug when I was in kindergarten and that's what my mom did....2 pieces of poster board with dots drawn on. then you just attach the two pieces with short lengths of string and it slips right over the head. And she made me a mask out of a paper plate with pipe cleaner antenaes. That same year, my brother was a skeleton...black garbage bag over his head with bone shapes cut out of paper plates and glued onto the plastic bag, and a paper plate skull mask. Easy peezy.

I did pikachu for my son a couple of years ago....Halloween isn't a thing here, but one of my daughter's best friends is obsessed with Halloween and all things creepy/gory. She wanted so badly to do Halloween that her parents organized a Trick or treat for our street and theirs together. I got a yellow plastic tablecloth and cut a hole out for my son's head. Then all we had to do was use face paint to make his cheeks pink. Done.

Songbird76

err, no idea whats open table? is it a separate service?
I think it's an app? Like I said, I've never used it, but I'm guessing if you google it, you could find out. But it's a table reservation app or something....you can look for restaurants that still have reservations available. And there's no cancelation fee, but if you don't show up, it's a mark against you and if that happens a few times, you get booted and can't use that email address anymore or something.

Cesar R M

I think it's an app? Like I said, I've never used it, but I'm guessing if you google it, you could find out. But it's a table reservation app or something....you can look for restaurants that still have reservations available. And there's no cancelation fee, but if you don't show up, it's a mark against you and if that happens a few times, you get booted and can't use that email address anymore or something.
I tried opentable website and they do not have Yak and yeti. They have one with the same name in Hamburg thou... XD

Songbird76

I tried opentable website and they do not have Yak and yeti. They have one with the same name in Hamburg thou... XD
Aw, that's a bummer!! Well, as Gabe said you can get a Landry's card when you get to the US at any Landry's restaurant. Then if you show up at Yak and Yeti, even if you don't have a reservation, you get priority seating. And when you get the card, I believe there was a membership bonus of some sort...It might be different every month. I remember we got free dessert or something, and then the monthly deal was that kids ate free, so we went back the next day with the kids (they had opted to stay at the hotel because they weren't hungry, and the hotel was just across the parking lot so my husband and I made it a date night) so they could have lunch there and we could have more steak. And we already made back the initial $25 joining fee with that meal.

Goofyernmost

I can paint but not draw. I can sew. Just made 19 pairs of drapes for my sons house in 5 days. Don’t want a see my sewing machine for awhile.
I can paint also. Just painted my house, trim and all 🥴 a few years ago.
What kinda’ car are you drivin’...?!?!?!?!?! :cyclops:

And, I’ll take the T-38, gyroplane, etc....not on a track, and never the same exact ride...!!!;):)
Never said it was my car but I did ride in a muscle car dragster back in the 60's that would cause your bellybutton to touch your backbone.

Last edited:

FutureCEO

I'm not a fan of ghosts and vampires and all in general (when I go on Haunted Mansion, it's to look for special effects). I don't mind non-creepy costumes; if you could wear it at Comic Con, I'm fine with it at Halloween. It's basically everything else about Halloween. Last year I worked from home on Halloween because I wasn't wearing a costume and didn't feel like getting roped into the activities.

I never dressed up for Halloween myself or went to Halloween parties, but seeing some of the kids in costumes at Hersheypark has been cute. The adults can dress up too. Yesterday I saw parents who were Shrek and Fiona and the kids were Donkey and Puss; that was cute. One girl had one of the Elsa costumes from Disney. Another full grown man was wearing a Luigi costume from Mario Bros and his facemask was Luigi's mustache. That was clever. A few weeks ago I saw a couple dressed up as Pam and Jim from the office.

I remember crying during the Haunted Mansion when I was younger. My brother did too. Now, it's one of my favorite rides.

Songbird76

I got called a "karen". I don't think this guy knows what a Karen is. I was posting on a vlog I follow, and I posted about how when I was in high school, a boy in my class was harassing me, snapping my bra, making vulgar comments about what he wanted to do to me, etc. It was happening in the hallways and in my Biology class where we had assigned seating and his seat was next to mine. I went to the Bio teacher and asked if he could move our seats apart and explained why. He told me that there were always going to be people I didn't like, but I had to find a way to get along, and that it was my fault because I would blush and kind of nervously giggle out of embarrassment, which was encouraging to him. He DID make a new seating arrangement, and put the boy right behind me, where he was even closer and had more access to snap my bra, mess with my hair, stick pencils in my ear, etc. I came home in tears every afternoon and my brother finally got angry and slammed the boy up against some lockers and a teacher heard the commotion and came to see what was going on. My brother told the story, the kid confirmed he HAD done and said those things and he just laughed about it, so she marched both of them to the principal's office. It did finally stop, because the boy was reminded that his family was fixing to move soon, and he wouldn't be allowed to leave the state if there was a lawsuit pending against him. So he stopped, and at the time, that's all I had wanted. I didn't want to make trouble for anyone, I just wanted him to stop, so I DIDN'T file a lawsuit, and that in hindsight, I probably should have, and also included the Bio teacher for not protecting me and not doing anything to stop it, and instead making it worse. And I also mentioned in my post that I had had numerous other experiences...a guy who grabbed my behind (who I promptly punched in the stomach) and various men who blocked my entrance to a bathroom, or a hallway, etc and made lewd suggestions. And for this, a guy said I was intent on thinking all men were evil, and he called me a Karen. :hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious: "You keep using that word....I do not think it means what you think it means." -Inigo Montoya.

ImperfectPixie

I got called a "karen". I don't think this guy knows what a Karen is. I was posting on a vlog I follow, and I posted about how when I was in high school, a boy in my class was harassing me, snapping my bra, making vulgar comments about what he wanted to do to me, etc. It was happening in the hallways and in my Biology class where we had assigned seating and his seat was next to mine. I went to the Bio teacher and asked if he could move our seats apart and explained why. He told me that there were always going to be people I didn't like, but I had to find a way to get along, and that it was my fault because I would blush and kind of nervously giggle out of embarrassment, which was encouraging to him. He DID make a new seating arrangement, and put the boy right behind me, where he was even closer and had more access to snap my bra, mess with my hair, stick pencils in my ear, etc. I came home in tears every afternoon and my brother finally got angry and slammed the boy up against some lockers and a teacher heard the commotion and came to see what was going on. My brother told the story, the kid confirmed he HAD done and said those things and he just laughed about it, so she marched both of them to the principal's office. It did finally stop, because the boy was reminded that his family was fixing to move soon, and he wouldn't be allowed to leave the state if there was a lawsuit pending against him. So he stopped, and at the time, that's all I had wanted. I didn't want to make trouble for anyone, I just wanted him to stop, so I DIDN'T file a lawsuit, and that in hindsight, I probably should have, and also included the Bio teacher for not protecting me and not doing anything to stop it, and instead making it worse. And I also mentioned in my post that I had had numerous other experiences...a guy who grabbed my behind (who I promptly punched in the stomach) and various men who blocked my entrance to a bathroom, or a hallway, etc and made lewd suggestions. And for this, a guy said I was intent on thinking all men were evil, and he called me a Karen. :hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious: "You keep using that word....I do not think it means what you think it means." -Inigo Montoya.
Sounds like another mouth-breather who needs to be schooled.

I got called to the office in high school for kicking a kid in the junk after he stuck his hand up my skirt while I was walking up the stairs in front of him. I didn't get in trouble.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom