The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Figgy1

Premium Member
Eggplant is on sale at my market so guess who is getting a lot of eggplant!!!

When looking up recipes, some women gave 3 stars but changed the recipe. Another gave 5 stars but she see didn't like eggplant so got rid of it. I almost had to create an account to slap her. Why review the recipe if your going to change it?
I got eggplant from the farm market and pickled it.

Songbird76

I completely agree. (I was just kidding about the taxi -- hence the wink emoji in my previous post.) I've been following along for some time about your efforts to get a driver's license in that country. They certainly make it as difficult as possible. What I find interesting is that not all the drivers there follow the rules, as I recall some various situations you've shared, where it's dicey for a person to ride a bicycle in vehicle traffic -- they don't seem to want to yield enough, etc.

Anyway, best of luck with all this, and as others have said, I'm sure you will pass the test.
Thanks for your confidence and encouragement! It really is helpful. I've been studying all day now and I've passed the last 3 practice exams in a row. I went back and reviewed a couple sections in the book where I often miss questions, then I went back and did all the practice questions, and now I'm passing the practice tests with more regularity.

People drive pretty aggressively here, so you really have to pay attention. I think it's more that people don't know the rules than that they ignore them. There are a LOT of rules and then exceptions to certain rules. It's practically impossible to know every rule and every exception. Even the driving instructors tell you that you can't drive perfectly, that even they make mistakes. In my last lesson, I saw a sign that my instructor missed in a construction area and he told me that by these warning posts, I could only drive 30, even though the sign said 50. Then we passed another sign that said 50 and he told me I could drive 50 again....when I asked what the difference was, he said he had not seen the first sign. It happens.
Bike riders are notorious for ignoring traffic rules because if they get hit by a car, even if they were the ones not following the rules, it's the car driver's fault. The woman that I saw get hit by a car when she suddenly swerved left out of the bike lane died, but even though she rode right out in front of the car, the driver of the car is the one who gets the blame and has to go to court because he should have had time to stop. It's absolutely ridiculous, because the woman didn't give any indication that she wanted to cross the street. No signal or anything, so how was he supposed to know she was going to do that? But the law says it's his fault because pedestrians and bikers are more vulnerable than other drivers and are therefore protected in traffic situations, even when they are in the wrong. If I'm riding a bike or walking, I always make sure a car is actually yielding before I take the right of way, even if I'm supposed to have it. Having the right of way won't do me a lot of good if the car doesn't stop and I am run over. There are signs here that remind you that right-of-way is offered, not just taken.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Happy Friday... I had the day off... went to lunch with My aunt and my parents... then we all went out to the beach separately (we knew they were going and vice versa) Scott and I went to walk on the boardwalk down by the water, and my parents/aunt went to the American Legion to sit on the porch and throw some back. When we got to where we were right across the street from them I sametimed my aunt to ask her if she wanted to walk the rest of the way down to the pier with us. She was tired of sitting and drinking/eat... apparently that's how my parents have entertained her all week, so she was happy to take a walk and get some niece time down by the water, she came right down!

It was a good day... ended up getting a little sun burnt.. no sunscreen because it wasn't a pre-planned outing. Hope everyone had a great Friday!

I'm taking this upcoming Friday off work. A and I always go to Starbucks for coffee and cake pops the morning of my birthday, so I'm trying to figure out how to do this safely on Friday. Then I think we might go creeking because we both love that. I can't think of any way better to welcome another year than to spend it with my favorite person :inlove:

Songbird76

The traumahelikopter was for a 6 year old girl who was found unconscious in the pool in her backyard. They did cpr and life flighted her to Nijmegen. I'm not sure which neighbors it is, but someone who lives behind us. The article said they didn't know anything about her condition. Neighbors apparently found her and called for an ambulance. The ambulance crew resuscitated her and called for the helicopter. Police are investigating how it happened. Prayers and pixie dust for her, please.

Figgy1

Premium Member
The traumahelikopter was for a 6 year old girl who was found unconscious in the pool in her backyard. They did cpr and life flighted her to Nijmegen. I'm not sure which neighbors it is, but someone who lives behind us. The article said they didn't know anything about her condition. Neighbors apparently found her and called for an ambulance. The ambulance crew resuscitated her and called for the helicopter. Police are investigating how it happened. Prayers and pixie dust for her, please.
Absolutely

Songbird76

I read it wrong. The police are NOT investigating at this time. And neighbors resuscitated her before the ambulance got there. We have this app where you can register yourself in your neighborhood if you have first aid skills like CPR and such. Then if someone needs help, they can put an SOS on the app, or maybe it's done by the Emergency call center, and leave their door open and it alerts all registered medics in the neighborhood to come help. I'm guessing that's what they did, though the article didn't say that. But I don't know how else neighbors would have gotten there. I hope the girl is ok, though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom