The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

21stamps

Some plants come up from seeds in the strangest places. I have a flower in my vegetable garden that I didn't plant there. DH said a bird must have got a seed and dropped it somehow.

Oh wow. I didn’t think of that!

Have you ever grown Gardenia trees? Here’s what mine look like,
5A56AB6F-B8CB-42C5-B8B7-679BBD783669.jpeg

I just threw away the other one, and this one is hanging by a thread, maybe already too late. They had so many buds within two days of buying it, but never bloomed, or bloomed with dead flowers (which I didn’t even know was possible). I’m so sad about it.

93boomer

Premium Member
Oh wow. I didn’t think of that!

Have you ever grown Gardenia trees? Here’s what mine look like,
View attachment 486671

I just threw away the other one, and this one is hanging by a thread, maybe already too late. They had so many buds within two days of buying it, but never bloomed, or bloomed with dead flowers (which I didn’t even know was possible). I’m so sad about it.
I have some gardenia bushes but that doesn't look like my kind. I wonder if you have a bug that is eating them. Or you could get some Miracle Grow and mix some up and feed it to see if it picks back up.

Songbird76

Apparently they changed the rules recently for the driving written test and it's harder to pass now. :( My new average is less than 10% pass rate. It used to be 2 sections: Danger recognition- 25 questions of which you can miss 12, and then general knowledge - 40 questions of which you could miss 5. But now they divided the general knowledge up into rules and insight. 12 questions on rules, you can only miss two, and 28 in insight and you can only miss 3. So now even if I only miss 4 questions in the general section, if I miss them in the wrong section, I fail. Please send any extra pixie dust you can my way!!

93boomer

Premium Member
Apparently they changed the rules recently for the driving written test and it's harder to pass now. :( My new average is less than 10% pass rate. It used to be 2 sections: Danger recognition- 25 questions of which you can miss 12, and then general knowledge - 40 questions of which you could miss 5. But now they divided the general knowledge up into rules and insight. 12 questions on rules, you can only miss two, and 28 in insight and you can only miss 3. So now even if I only miss 4 questions in the general section, if I miss them in the wrong section, I fail. Please send any extra pixie dust you can my way!!
A ton sent your way! Good luck!

MinnieM123

Premium Member

OMG -- sending a barrel full of pixie dust to you!!!

(Personally, if it was me, I'd just call a taxi.) ;)

FutureCEO

Eggplant is on sale at my market so guess who is getting a lot of eggplant!!!

When looking up recipes, some women gave 3 stars but changed the recipe. Another gave 5 stars but she see didn't like eggplant so got rid of it. I almost had to create an account to slap her. Why review the recipe if your going to change it?

Songbird76

A ton sent your way! Good luck!
Thank you!! I was feeling pretty good about it earlier because I thought there was a glitch in the system that was making it tell me I failed even when I passed, because according to the book, I could miss 5 questions there and still pass. I googled it, and discovered they had changed it. Now, there's not much hope of me passing at the rate I'm going. I'm still studying a lot, but not passing often. I've only passed once in like...the last 15 tries. I still have 7 hours of my online practice exams, so I still have some time. The test is on Wednesday morning, I took Tuesday off of work to study and get to bed on time, and E is staying with my in-laws for a few days (they are dogsitting for an aunt having surgery, and she wanted to help with the dog) and DH has to work, and A pretty much only comes out of his room for food. So I can practice relatively undisturbed for the next two days. The biggest problems are the obscure questions that I shouldn't even have to know. Like...with a standard drivers license, you can only pull a small trailer that is less than 750 kilos, and the total mass of the car plus the trailer can't exceed 3500kgs. That's simple enough. But even though I'm not getting a trailer license, I have to know each kind of trailer license and how much it can weigh and how long it can be. If I were going for one of those licenses, it would be logical to know the limitations on it, but as long as I know the limitations for the kind of license I'm actually getting, I feel like that should be enough. And then they throw in trick questions that aren't in the book. Like, it says you have to give way to anyone who is blind or has difficulty moving, even if they aren't at a crosswalk. So then I figured someone in a wheelchair counts as someone who has difficulty moving, but I got that question wrong, because what the book doesn't tell you is that wheelchairs don't count as pedestrians. Just stupid little things like that. I do fine as long as they don't throw in questions about exceptions that weren't spelled out in the book.

Songbird76

OMG -- sending a barrel full of pixie dust to you!!!

(Personally, if it was me, I'd just call a taxi.) ;)
Normally, I'd agree with you, but since the scare with DH's kidney stones where we were out of town and he thought his appendix was about to burst and had to drive himself to the ER, I really feel like I NEED to get a license. It's no longer just inconvenient not to have it. And when A broke his wrist a year or so ago, my husband had to come from work in another town to pick him up and take him to the hospital. The neighbor offered to lend me her car to take him but I couldn't because I didn't know how to drive stick and didn't have a license. I just need it for emergencies. I'll drive myself to work and to choir every week, and occasionally when DH wants to have a beer at a restaurant, but not a lot outside of that. But I need it just in case. I don't want to be stuck again if something happens to DH. I want to be able to call an ambulance, knowing I can drive the kids home if he's admitted to a hospital. Or I can drive him to the hospital and then go find a hotel. But I've got to have a way to keep DH from driving himself or us being stuck with no way home.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
For some (good) local news, it looks like my library might finally open up in the first week of August. They'll limit to 40% occupancy, masks and social distancing. It's about time -- should have been opened up at least a month ago.

Ours opened to limited capacity about 2 weeks ago. It is a tiny library so only 5 people are allowed in at a time with masks and social distancing. The bathrooms are not open to the public either. They are still doing curbside pick up as well. While our library was shut down I downloaded the Libby app which is attached to our library system and I've been reading most of my books on that through my phone. I didn't think I would like it but I do like having a book on my phone because then I can read it whenever I have a chance without lugging a big book around. I do like holding a real book still though too. Since March I've read 10 books on the Libby app (working on #11), 5 actual books from the library, and 5 books that I had at home.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Normally, I'd agree with you, but since the scare with DH's kidney stones where we were out of town and he thought his appendix was about to burst and had to drive himself to the ER, I really feel like I NEED to get a license. It's no longer just inconvenient not to have it. And when A broke his wrist a year or so ago, my husband had to come from work in another town to pick him up and take him to the hospital. The neighbor offered to lend me her car to take him but I couldn't because I didn't know how to drive stick and didn't have a license. I just need it for emergencies. I'll drive myself to work and to choir every week, and occasionally when DH wants to have a beer at a restaurant, but not a lot outside of that. But I need it just in case. I don't want to be stuck again if something happens to DH. I want to be able to call an ambulance, knowing I can drive the kids home if he's admitted to a hospital. Or I can drive him to the hospital and then go find a hotel. But I've got to have a way to keep DH from driving himself or us being stuck with no way home.

I completely agree. (I was just kidding about the taxi -- hence the wink emoji in my previous post.) I've been following along for some time about your efforts to get a driver's license in that country. They certainly make it as difficult as possible. What I find interesting is that not all the drivers there follow the rules, as I recall some various situations you've shared, where it's dicey for a person to ride a bicycle in vehicle traffic -- they don't seem to want to yield enough, etc.

Anyway, best of luck with all this, and as others have said, I'm sure you will pass the test.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
This is a fun diversion in a few minutes. There's all kinds of talent out there, and this guy repurposes all kinds of junk metal and creates robots. He's made a living out of it. He even has made a robot punk band. :p

Figgy1

Premium Member
So bummer for me, I was picking lettuce out of our garden yesterday and I ended up tweaking my back. It still hurts today and last night it was tough sleeping and getting comfortable. :(I guess the universe was telling me not to eat a salad! 😀

@figmentfan423 how is your ankle doing? Better I hope.
Thank you. I think the swelling has gone down a little bit

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom