The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Rista1313

The Minnesota State Fair is doing the food drive-thru thing too. I only live about an hour away from the MN State Fairgrounds so that is closer to me than the Wisconsin one, that's about 4+ hours way. We are thinking of going to the MN one, which towards the end of August. Looks like they are selling tickets with designated times and people are not allowed to get out of their cars (except to use a porta potty). Ordering will be done via a written menu customers hang out their car window with contactless payment. So it seems like it will be fairly safe and It can't be worse than the traffic the Fair usually generates, tickets go on sale on July 31 so I guess I will see what date and time we can get. We only go to the MN State Fair every other year and this was our year to go.

These are a few our the treats we like to get there and luckily will be available.
View attachment 485676

View attachment 485677
WAIT FOR ME! I WANNA GO TOO!

donaldtoo

What's on the sandwich I se lettuce, cheese--meat ? maybe mushrooms?

Nothin’. As I posted, it was a “virtual” luncheon...!!!!! :D:hilarious:
JK, LOL, and all that jazz...!!! ;)

Actually...arugula, mushrooms, cheese, diced red peppers and onions, green olives, asparagus, and olive oil (and I’m probably forgettin’ somethin’ 🤔).
All the veggies appeared to be lightly sautéed.
And, the chocolate chunk cookie was gluten free.
It was all pretty darn tasty...!!!!! :hungry:

donaldtoo

Yum. :hungry: (Looks more tasty than my heated up chicken and rice from last night ;) )

What did you have to drink with it? Glass of milk? (I usually have either milk or juice with lunch -- not that you care to know that or anything. :p )

Speaking of drinks, yesterday I bought blueberry Kefir -- it was awesome, for something different.

It was pretty tasty, indeed...!!!!! :hungry:

Water.
There are pretty much only 2 things I drink...yep, you guessed it...water and beer...!!!!!!! 🍺🍻:hungry:
I’ll drink a little wine and several extra dry vodka martinis at our office Christmas party every year 🍸, and I like the occasional margarita, but, that’s about it beyond water and beer.
Can’t remember the last time I had a soft drink, or the last time I had juice, beyond last Friday morning with my breakfast taco...!!!!! :hungry:;):)

That juice does sound tasty...I like blueberries for their mild sweetness...!!! :)

donaldtoo

DS celebrated his birthday yesterday. He requested French toast for breakfast, which will happen on Saturday. Lunch, no requests. Dinner was tacos from a local joint. And for dessert, rhubarb upside down cake. The last Birthday he had with my mom, she got out of bed -- the cancer was pretty bad by then-- and insisted we pick rhubarb from the patch out back for it. He helped his Grandma make it. Mom made it another 4 months after that. Now, every year, DS wants this cake. This was probably the first time I could make it without tearing up, and just enjoy the memories of that particular day.

Happy belated birthday to your DS (sorry, I don’t know how old he is ;))...!!! :)

D24DFD06-A0A0-478A-8B9D-B6AB537C9905.jpeg

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
I have a question that is likely simple. Maybe I should be embarrassed to ask this but I will just "go for it" anyway. What is the vocabulary name of the rubber tipped baking tool in the photo?View attachment 485720
A spatula...as far as I know...? 🤔
Although, it definitely doesn’t look like these...!!!!! :cyclops::hilarious:

I thought of the word spatula also but the thing I use to flip my grilled cheese is a spatula...correct?View attachment 485722
English is a very flexible language. Although they are very different looking, maybe they are both spatulas?😳

Those are both spatulas but serve very different functions 😂😂

epcotisbest

I have a question that is likely simple. Maybe I should be embarrassed to ask this but I will just "go for it" anyway. What is the vocabulary name of the rubber tipped baking tool in the photo?View attachment 485720

That is a scraping or scraper spatula, specifically for scraping icing or batter from the sides of a mixing bowl. There are multiple different kinds of spatulas.

donaldtoo

I happened to notice my digital thermometer that is on the south east side of the building registered 108 degrees this morning about 11am. That was in the sun of course but, it surely felt that temperature the short time that I was outdoors.

Yea, we had an actual high of 108 last Monday.
I really should get me one a’ those to see how hot it gets in the direct sun on days like that.
Problem is, we have so many trees I’m not sure where I could put it where it would be in direct sunlight during the heat of the day...!!!!! :cyclops::hilarious:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom