The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

StarWarsGirl

It's taking all of my will power not to be a sarcastic a$$hole to this guy when if he looks at documents he can see the answer.
I had to email a new-ish girl's supervisor yesterday. I really try not to do that because I think you build better relationships with people if you work with them directly, but this is like the third or fourth time this girl has made the same mistake, and she screwed up big time, plus her supervisor came to me the last time she screwed up to talk to me. I offered one-on-one training when I get back from vacation. But I wonder how she functions in daily life being as stupid as she is...

Figgy1

Premium Member
My parents watched Princess and the Frog, said it was horrible. Saves me the time to watch it.

Well, they didn't use that word. They just said 'ehhh' when asked if they liked it.
It's not my favorite but it's better than most non Disney cartoon movies. That being said some of the visuals would be amazing on a ride. Can't watch a Disney movies without thinking about the ride they may come up with.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
It's not my favorite but it's better than most non Disney cartoon movies. That being said some of the visuals would be amazing on a ride. Can't watch a Disney movies without thinking about the ride they may come up with.
Should have rethemed it to ENG. At least that has a genuine reason for a drop.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
It's a scorcher today with a feels like of 96*.

My neighbor runs a lawn care business and does most of our neighborhood's lawns, including ours. He's out there in the full sun doing lawns right now. I don't know how he does it because just being outside makes me sweaty. I remember a few years back I couldn't do anything in Ohio summers, so maybe I'll eventually be at his level. He's so impressive.

MySmallWorldof4

It's a scorcher today with a feels like of 96*.

My neighbor runs a lawn care business and does most of our neighborhood's lawns, including ours. He's out there in the full sun doing lawns right now. I don't know how he does it because just being outside makes me sweaty. I remember a few years back I couldn't do anything in Ohio summers, so maybe I'll eventually be at his level. He's so impressive.
Our grass got cut last week. Don't think it will need it this week because we haven't had any rain. It is sounding very crunchy.:hilarious:
I did manage to find a pool that my girls are happy with. Not as big as ones we have usually gotten but it is 30 inches high and 10 ft in diameter. Two are enjoying it in the almost 90 degree temps outside. Something is better than nothing.

MySmallWorldof4

We bought a pickle ball set and it arrived yesterday. I played it way, way back in summer camp back in '86. It seems to be making a comeback? Or maybe it never left. I dunno. Two of the town tennis courts were converted into pickle ball courts. If you don't know what pickle ball is it uses wiffle style balls, and the rackets are kind of like racket ball rackets. It sort of is like ping pong but on a court a bit smaller than a tennis court.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I had to email a new-ish girl's supervisor yesterday. I really try not to do that because I think you build better relationships with people if you work with them directly, but this is like the third or fourth time this girl has made the same mistake, and she screwed up big time, plus her supervisor came to me the last time she screwed up to talk to me. I offered one-on-one training when I get back from vacation. But I wonder how she functions in daily life being as stupid as she is...

Maybe she's not stupid after all. Sometimes when people are new to a job, learning everything becomes overwhelming at times. The other part of the issue may be that her supervisor is not explaining the process, in a manner that this particular woman can understand it. (I recall a new billing system that I had to learn a few years ago, and I just didn't "get it" until about the 4th person I asked for help -- who could explain it in a way, that finally connected with me.) 🤦‍♀️

Aside of the above, it may be that she's not detail-oriented enough for the position, and perhaps it may not be the best fit for her or the company. But I'll bet if she takes you up on your kind offer to do a 1:1 session with her, she'll do a lot better after that.

StarWarsGirl

Maybe she's not stupid after all. Sometimes when people are new to a job, learning everything becomes overwhelming at times. The other part of the issue may be that her supervisor is not explaining the process, in a manner that this particular woman can understand it. (I recall a new billing system that I had to learn a few years ago, and I just didn't "get it" until about the 4th person I asked for help -- who could explain it in a way, that finally connected with me.) 🤦‍♀️

Aside of the above, it may be that she's not detail-oriented enough for the position, and perhaps it may not be the best fit for her or the company. But I'll bet if she takes you up on your kind offer to do a 1:1 session with her, she'll do a lot better after that.
I work with a ton of people in her position, and some get the process I do more quickly than others. We had an entire training on a Friday, though, and the following Tuesday she made two errors. Her role is primarily order entry. I don't understand why when a customer PO has a different price than what comes up in the system, it doesn't make them go, "Hmm, what's up here?" But she's done it four different times. Four. Even after we had group training, her supervisor sat down and worked through some orders and I sat and worked with her. My company doesn't just let people in her role start and have at it. They go through two weeks of general new hire training, and then an additional two of shadowing. So something like booking an order at a different price than what's on the customer PO...yeah, that shouldn't happen. We also have work instructions, handouts...I don't know what else to do besides one-on-one. I've actually never had to do this with someone in her role.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I work with a ton of people in her position, and some get the process I do more quickly than others. We had an entire training on a Friday, though, and the following Tuesday she made two errors. Her role is primarily order entry. I don't understand why when a customer PO has a different price than what comes up in the system, it doesn't make them go, "Hmm, what's up here?" But she's done it four different times. Four. Even after we had group training, her supervisor sat down and worked through some orders and I sat and worked with her. My company doesn't just let people in her role start and have at it. They go through two weeks of general new hire training, and then an additional two of shadowing. So something like booking an order at a different price than what's on the customer PO...yeah, that shouldn't happen. We also have work instructions, handouts...I don't know what else to do besides one-on-one. I've actually never had to do this with someone in her role.

Yah, some people need more time. That said, she may or may not be the appropriate person for the job.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
We bought a pickle ball set and it arrived yesterday. I played it way, way back in summer camp back in '86. It seems to be making a comeback? Or maybe it never left. I dunno. Two of the town tennis courts were converted into pickle ball courts. If you don't know what pickle ball is it uses wiffle style balls, and the rackets are kind of like racket ball rackets. It sort of is like ping pong but on a court a bit smaller than a tennis court.

The phy-Ed teacher at our school has a pickle ball unit for the kids and they love it! She does badminton with them too which is a big hit as well. The tournaments are intense and bragging rights are high!

MinnieM123

Premium Member

Thanks for the explanation. Is pickle ball something new, maybe within the past decade or so?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom