The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Figgy1

Premium Member
I'm sure she won't be a stranger. She really enjoyed talking to you!

Her brother is angry with her now because she found out she only has this week of classes left and then 2 days next week and after that it's what they call "broom days" where they clean up by turning in missing homework, taking missed tests, etc. E doesn't have any of those things, so she has those days off, and then the last week of school is when the teachers are grading everything and meeting to discuss kids who might need to be held back, and the only thing they need to do is come once in that week to turn in their books and pick up their report cards and they are done! So technically, she has only one week of school left plus a couple of days, whereas A has 3 weeks. He doesn't think it's very fair. But, he also gets to go to the movies with his classmates one of those days, and report cards come out next week and they can't really give them new material after report cards are out, so I doubt he'll be doing lessons every day either. Plus he had 2 weeks of the May vacation where E only had one, so it kind of evens out, but he doesn't see it that way. He's not being very nice to her about it, so she may need to vent about annoying little brothers. ;)
I may need to have James set up an account

MySmallWorldof4

Happy birthday to her!!

A spent a good deal of time yesterday whining that being a teenager and an adult was too far away, and that life really sucked being too young to do things. I tried to tell her that it's all down hill once you have to start paying bills, but she's convinced the good ages are adult ages.
Happy birthday to your 13-year-old. Glad to hear that the entire family is well, and that you all had a fun weekend. :happy: (Cunningham Falls looks like a great place to visit, by the way. I'm up for any nature visits, too!)
Love those pictures! Happy Birthday to your DD! They grow up too fast!
Happy birthday to her!!! I hope she has an amazing day!
Three teenagers! Good luck! :joyfull: Happy Birthday to her!
Thanks for the birthday wishes. 3 of my kids have birthdays within 6 weeks of each other, so it is always a little bit of a bittersweet time. I hate that they are growing up because I miss them being little, but I enjoy seeing the people they are turning into. (usually, anyway. ;)) I still have one in single digits until November. :cry:

MySmallWorldof4

Ah, but what kind of cake did you have to suffer through on THEIR birthdays?? Lemon cake sounds interesting...is that like a pound cake or is it like a standard birthday cake? (sheetcake/round) If I want a cake now, I have to make it myself. Cakes here are so much different. They are not the light, fluffy cakes like we know. They are much more dense, and they almost always put some sort of fruit jam layer in between. I love fruit, but not in my chocolate cake. And buttercream frosting doesn't exist here. So I always end up making my own cakes from scratch...better that way anyway, and you get exactly what you want!
For my oldest's birthday a couple of years ago I made a lemon and strawberry cake. The cake itself was strawberry flavored. (real strawberries used). She doesn't like icing so I made a lemon custard and used whole strawberries between the layers so the cakes wouldn't be smooshed against each other. She still says that was the best cake I ever made.

MouseDreaming

Always the corn beef and matzo beef soup with coleslaw and pickles. Always. If you are ever in downtown Chicago it is by both commuter train stations. It’s been there since the early 40s but the area is a tad sketchy though always packed
To the gills. I recommend a taxi or
Uber though the area is being repurposed and the clean up
Of now prime land is happening for the future.

View attachment 480240
I just found out a temple by me takes orders and makes a run on Tuesday. Not sure what they bring in though. I am assuming corned beef, but I am not sure if that is it, or if there is anything else.

*edit* Remember when they had an outpost at Midway? They had such good places to choose from. Now the longest line is at the dunkin'. Although, our last trip through I got a pretty good turkey sandwich at Einstein Bros.

Last edited:

MinnieM123

Premium Member

The above is so funny. There's a restaurant that we've gone to for years (except during the virus shutdowns). They have a quarterly paper placemat for the seasons, and they give it to children with crayons. Well, hubs LOVES those placemats; and since all the staff know us, they make sure he's the first to get the newest one -- even though he's not a child . . . :p

He sits at the table and colors it, and then . . . signs it . . . like he's da Vinci . . . :rolleyes:

Then the restaurant manager hangs it up in the kitchen area for all the staff to admire. :hilarious:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom