The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MySmallWorldof4

As of today I now have 3 teenagers in the house. Child number 3 turned 13 today. Cannot believe it. We spent the whole weekend doing things she likes, so we went hiking in Maryland (Catoctin National Park). We hiked to Cunningham Falls. It was so crowded so I didn't get any pictures. We also took her to play golf which she seems to be picking up really easily. She is my outdoor kid.
Here are internet images of the falls.
1593429741409.png
1593429796503.png
When we were there people were climbing all over the rocks.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
As of today I now have 3 teenagers in the house. Child number 3 turned 13 today. Cannot believe it. We spent the whole weekend doing things she likes, so we went hiking in Maryland (Catoctin National Park). We hiked to Cunningham Falls. It was so crowded so I didn't get any pictures. We also took her to play golf which she seems to be picking up really easily. She is my outdoor kid.
View attachment 480289
View attachment 480290

Happy birthday to her!!

A spent a good deal of time yesterday whining that being a teenager and an adult was too far away, and that life really sucked being too young to do things. I tried to tell her that it's all down hill once you have to start paying bills, but she's convinced the good ages are adult ages.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
View attachment 480289
View attachment 480290

Happy birthday to your 13-year-old. Glad to hear that the entire family is well, and that you all had a fun weekend. :happy: (Cunningham Falls looks like a great place to visit, by the way. I'm up for any nature visits, too!)

93boomer

Premium Member
View attachment 480289
View attachment 480290
Love those pictures! Happy Birthday to your DD! They grow up too fast!

Songbird76

View attachment 480289
View attachment 480290
Happy birthday to her!!! I hope she has an amazing day!

Songbird76

Happy birthday to her!!

A spent a good deal of time yesterday whining that being a teenager and an adult was too far away, and that life really sucked being too young to do things. I tried to tell her that it's all down hill once you have to start paying bills, but she's convinced the good ages are adult ages.
Well, at the moment, even adults can't really do anything now. I imagine it seems a lot worse to kids because time seems to move so slowly as a kid!

StarWarsGirl

Happy birthday to her!!

I have absolutely no desire to go back to being a teenager. None.

Adulthood has its perks, but so did being a kid and having nothing to do besides playing with Barbies and riding bikes.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Those tacos look really good!! Those look like homemade tortillas! YUM!!!
I hear you on the cake. When we were little, we got to choose what kind of cake we wanted, and I always wanted chocolate, but when we got a bit older, my brother had a friend with hypoglocemia, and the only kind of cake he could eat was angelfood. So my mom always made angelfood for my brother's parties and to make it fair (and I suspect to save her having to decorate) I had to have angelfood, too. I liked it just fine, but I would have preferred chocolate....I still LOVE chocolate cake. I'm so excited about the Gideon's Bakehouse going to DS so I can get cake!

Question: The third arboretum picture....do you know what kind of plant that is? It looks kind of like Giant Hogweed, but I doubt they would have that in an arboretum since it's got toxic properties if you touch it. My friend in Ireland got severe injuries, almost like her hands were burned, from that. It took them ages to figure out what was wrong with her. She just suddenly got huge blisters all over her hands and no salves or anything worked and they couldn't find any illness or anything. Then they discovered there was some hogweed near her house and she had gone picking wildflowers.

Nice presents, Brad!! Well done! Cake AND books? You are a jedi master of birthdays!

Sorry I can't remember the name of the plant. I do know it wasn't hogweed though, I would remember that because it is a strange name. Next time we go back I'll take a look at the name label. And yes, cake and books = a great birthday!

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
View attachment 480289
View attachment 480290

Three teenagers! Good luck! :joyfull: Happy Birthday to her!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom