The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
We went for a hike afterwards, to a place in another part of town where we’ve never been., I brought coffee in lieu of water. 😂.
T said “Did we time warp to Georgia? This is a mountain!”😂
It was a decent trail, we’ll definitely go back when we have more time. Only spent about 90 minutes there.

View attachment 474381View attachment 474382

What is this? @epcotisbest Im assuming you will know.
View attachment 474383View attachment 474384View attachment 474385View attachment 474386View attachment 474387View attachment 474388View attachment 474389

Where is this?

Figgy1

Premium Member
I can't argue.

I am at risk for the Coronavirus due to my asthma. My lungs always been weaker than my younger brother despite him having asthma also. My WDW trip likely going to be refunded. My Door County trip is delayed a year. My Door County trip trip being delayed is a combination of things due to the Coronavirus.

The only thing is trying to make the best out of it

My parents are an example of making the best out of it . My parents are celebrating their anniversary later this month, but the restaurant they go to is only allowed drive-thru's and take outs by the city. The restaurant in question is known to be very busy as a drive-thru. The entire city is only allowing drive thru's and pickups.

My dad's answer is make filet and baked potatoes for Anniversary meal at their home instead. They found a deal on filet mignon and bought it. It costs much less than Disney's restaurants offer it.
I gave it a like because my dh says he's only found a couple of places that make better steak than we can at home

Figgy1

Premium Member
I put question marks by essential because our state had teachers marker as essential but as only to work from home. Also homeschool kids, no kids of my own but I taught a lot from home while they were home. And also a question mark on gave myself bangs Because I already had them I just cut my own during this time and they need it again.

View attachment 474406
I've had to do my bangs 3 times going on 4 so far

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
@21stamps - LOVE the hiking pictures. I do a lot of hiking (well at least as much as I can) and that looks like a good one. IF the weather doesn't look too bad, a friend and I are meeting to do about 10 miles of the Appalachian Trail on Friday. If the weather does look bad (or just not that good), we'll just find a restaurant with good beer and outdoor seating (since that's the only way restaurants can open here).

@figmentfan423 - LOVE the Star Trek music you shared. The music from Star Trek II is possibly my favorite musical score - and that's saying quite a lot from a guy who owns a few hundred soundtrack CDs and has taught courses in movie scoring. James Horner worked some real magic in that one.

21stamps

T just got home from baseball.. said “That was really fun, a lot more fun than video games.”

Music to my ears!!!!!! 😂
Seriously, there has been wayyyyy too much electronics time over the past few months.

Also, apparently his bff has the same helmet and sunglasses as T, they had the same bat last year (though different teams) and now both have new bats this year, of the same brand, but different colors. Sounds like they were pretty stoked about the coincidence.lol
He said “It’s like me and O have the same brain. See, mom, I’m not the only one who thinks some things are worth the money.”

Yeah, because you’re not paying for them. 😂😂
Just don’t lose anything this year.

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
Today was 'materials turn-in/pick-up' day at the high school where I teach. I was there at 6:30am getting stuff prepared. My band room has 150 lockers and anything in them had to be pulled out bagged and labeled. Plus about 15 kids were picking up school instruments to borrow for the summer - mainly marching band kids who are still hopeful. We then distributed things and got things given back from 8am-11:30am. Then I drove around the district to deliver Senior Awards to kids for about 3 hours and then back to the school for part 2 of the recieving/distributing event from 3:30-6:30pm. Make for quite a long day! Not looking forward to going through the two paper boxes full of music that I collect, but I've got all summer to deal with it!

Now I know that I can deal with about a 12 hour day of wearing a mask in mid 80s temperatures, high humidity, and full sun and not be too miserable. I was much more miserable from the darn rubber gloves and having to wear long pants (maintaining some level of professionalism). This bodes well for our potential couple weeks in WDW in mid-July. I'm no fan of the heat, but very glad that the mask wearing wasn't too awful.

21stamps

@21stamps - LOVE the hiking pictures. I do a lot of hiking (well at least as much as I can) and that looks like a good one. IF the weather doesn't look too bad, a friend and I are meeting to do about 10 miles of the Appalachian Trail on Friday. If the weather does look bad (or just not that good), we'll just find a restaurant with good beer and outdoor seating (since that's the only way restaurants can open here).

@figmentfan423 - LOVE the Star Trek music you shared. The music from Star Trek II is possibly my favorite musical score - and that's saying quite a lot from a guy who owns a few hundred soundtrack CDs and has taught courses in movie scoring. James Horner worked some real magic in that one.

We’ve just recently got into it.. in the past year or so. I don’t have hiking shoes yet, so I might not qualify as a serious hiker ;)... but we try to continue finding new places to go. We did do part of the Appalachian Trail when at Red River Gorge... but not 10 miles, we left the park early due to a ruptured ear drum.
It’s like several hundred miles long, right?

donaldtoo

So, I spoke with the guy doin’ the rebuild on my folks house last week, and we discussed options for moving the pantry into the Bonus/Game Room near the kitchen, since it will no longer be there because of the new island.
He said he would do some drawings and then send us all PDFs.
I know he meant well, but, what we all got was pics of a bunch of chicken scratch on spiral notebook graph paper with illegible writing that only I could understand/decipher...!!!!! :hilarious:
I spent my last 2 lunch hours producing CAD drawings that I sent to all concerned family members that they are so happy about...!!!!! :happy:
Of course, there could be many combinations thereof (over the years in my career, I’ve learned not to overload “clients” ;)), but, here they are...!!! :)

204AED75-00DD-42F0-8AC7-767A56EDE36C.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom