The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

donaldtoo

I think they were the same. I have friends who are into road bikes and ride together.. I know their bikes are all well over $1000 I don’t have a desire for a road bike.. I want to do off road trails.

That’s good news...!
Yep, road bikes (obviously not mountain/trail bikes) are low impact as well, unless you road-plop, of course...!!! ;)
May have to consider a bike...I see “plump” folk “running/jogging” all the time and think to myself...”You may wanna’ lose a bit of weight in a slightly lower impact way before you kill your knees and spine doin’ that at that weight...you weigh 300lbs. and are just gonna’ go run/jog it off...how do people not get how messed up that is...?!?!?! :cyclops:

MySmallWorldof4

I stumbled upon a 40 minute You Tube about the actor David Suchet. Mr. Suchet was Hercule Poirot for 25 years as he worked his way through every Agatha Christe Poirot mystery. He is hard to recognize without his little accent, pursed lips, neat mustache and hat. During interviews he would casually start speaking with that accent. "Not French, Belgian!

View attachment 473485 View attachment 473488
Wow. Would never have recognized him. I used to enjoy watching him in the Agatha Christie shows.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Hahaaa...!!!!! :hilarious:;)
Back in HS, we used to do a lot of roller skating at a different skating rink further down the road. It was what was cool at the time. That (along with skateboarding, water skiing, and snow skiing, even though rollerblades were a different setup than roller skates) probably helped with me mostly non-plopping...!!!!! :hilarious::)

Roller disco -- you looked so cool !! :joyfull:

1590783470048.png

21stamps

31 is a little heavy, but lighter ones cost much more. Just say it is around 14kg. That sounds lighter.

I think I’m too cheap. I finished pricing my accessories and then added it to the double bike rack that I had already chosen.., and I just can’t pull the trigger.
I’m going to have to think about this for another day or so.

There’s a lot of car specials these days., maybe I should trade in the Wrangler for a Grand Cherokee, and not worry about a bike rack at all. 😂. I’m only half joking. 😂

epcotisbest

I think I’m too cheap. I finished pricing my accessories and then added it to the double bike rack that I had already chosen.., and I just can’t pull the trigger.
I’m going to have to think about this for another day or so.

There’s a lot of car specials these days., maybe I should trade in the Wrangler for a Grand Cherokee, and not worry about a bike rack at all. 😂. I’m only half joking. 😂

Does your jeep have a receiver hitch mount? If so, this is the bike rack we have and it works great, is rock solid and very easy to load and unload the bikes. Might save you a little bit over the more expensive bike racks, but you may need a hitch extender to clear a rear mounted spare tire, so that would add to the cost.

Picture3.jpg

Last edited:

21stamps

Does your jeep have a receiver hitch mount? If so, this is the bike rack we have and it works great, is rock solid and very easy to load and unload the bikes. Might save you a little bit over the more expensive bike racks, but you may need a hitch extender to clear a rear mounted spare tire, so that would add to the cost.

View attachment 473534

I have a receiver. The problem I’m running into is the spare tire. I have a Sahara with off road tires, they’re big, the bikes need to fit behind that. Also, my Wrangler is a JL (newest wrangler generation) which has a back up camera in the middle of the spare. It’s different than on a car or suv.. it sticks out and is bulky plastic material.
Because of that, I’m finding that my options are limited. The suggestions I’ve been told is that I need a rack and extender from a brand called Kuat, to be able to fit without more modifications.

21stamps

I’m a Jeep Wave member ( included complimentary at the time of vehicle purchase, for a couple of years) so I get discounts on Mopar products.. here’s their bike rack.

97AD54D7-65AC-4B17-896B-7C51F8B89AC0.jpeg

🙄

You would think they would have a viable option for their Wrangler folks, but, they don’t.

epcotisbest

I have a receiver. The problem I’m running into is the spare tire. I have a Sahara with off road tires, they’re big, the bikes need to fit behind that. Also, my Wrangler is a JL (newest wrangler generation) which has a back up camera in the middle of the spare. It’s different than on a car or suv.. it sticks out and is bulky plastic material.
Because of that, I’m finding that my options are limited. The suggestions I’ve been told is that I need a rack and extender from a brand called Kuat, to be able to fit without more modifications.

You don't need a Kuat. It is a high end carrier. The swagman and extender will work fine. Call etrailer and talk to someone there. They can fix you up with the swagman and extender to fit your jeep for a reasonable price. People that buy the 4K bike buy the Kuat.

21stamps

You don't need a Kuat. It is a high end carrier. The swagman and extender will work fine. Call etrailer and talk to someone there. They can fix you up with the swagman and extender to fit your jeep for a reasonable price. People that buy the 4K bike buy the Kuat.

Wow. Thanks for this advice! I will call. I’m sure I’m not the first to ask this question. As long as it clears my tire and cam, and I can still open the hatch.. that’s all I care about. Preferably id like to see out of my cam, as even after over a year of driving this Jeep, it still feels bulky when backing up.lol.. but that’s not deal breaker if it doesn’t block when bikes aren’t on it. I don’t think that’s possible with any carrier.

epcotisbest

Wow. Thanks for this advice! I will call. I’m sure I’m not the first to ask this question. As long as it clears my tire and cam, and I can still open the hatch.. that’s all I care about. Preferably id like to see out of my cam, as even after over a year of driving this Jeep, it still feels bulky when backing up.lol.. but that’s not deal breaker if it doesn’t block when bikes aren’t on it. I don’t think that’s possible with any carrier.

I have lots of advice. Hope it did not come off as trying to be bossy, just giving my humble opinion.

21stamps

I have lots of advice. Hope it did not come off as trying to be bossy, just giving my humble opinion.

It helped a lot!!! You’re like a wealth of knowledge.. and I mean that seriously!!

I asked advice of people I know with Wranglers, and on Wrangler message boards.. Kuat was the overwhelming response in person and online, so I thought that was really my only option. I’d rather spend less on a rack and more on a bike., or the least amount as possible on both!!.. but the cost of the rack was really making me have second thoughts about a bike, period.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom