The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

21stamps

Yeah, see nothing baffles me much more than a $4000 handbag.

I was never a diamonds or fine jewelry girl.. with the exception of a nice watch. I was always into handbags.
Birthday gift- give me a handbag. Wedding gift- handbag. Anniversary-handbag. Holiday- handbag. Lol.
I used to hang photos of the handbags I was longing for, on the refrigerator.. to give my husband a hint. ;).

donaldtoo

I tried those one time, many, many years ago. Never got more than a few feet before I "plopped" and gave up rather quickly after plopping regularly.

Hahaaa...!!!!! :hilarious:;)
Back in HS, we used to do a lot of roller skating at a different skating rink further down the road. It was what was cool at the time. That (along with skateboarding, water skiing, and snow skiing, even though rollerblades were a different setup than roller skates) probably helped with me mostly non-plopping...!!!!! :hilarious::)

Rista1313

From NYTimes:

In March, nationwide sales of bicycles, equipment and repair services nearly doubled compared with the same period last year, according to the N.P.D. Group, a market research company. Sales of commuter and fitness bikes in the same month increased 66 percent, leisure bikes jumped 121 percent, children’s bikes went up 59 percent and electric bikes rose 85 percent.
By the end of April, many stores and distributors had sold out of low-end consumer bikes. Now, the United States is facing a severe bicycle shortage as global supply chains, disrupted by the coronavirus outbreak, scramble to meet the surge in demand.

Thank you for the reminder... I have a mens bike I need to get out of the shed and post up on the web

epcotisbest

I was never a diamonds or fine jewelry girl.. with the exception of a nice watch. I was always into handbags.
Birthday gift- give me a handbag. Wedding gift- handbag. Anniversary-handbag. Holiday- handbag. Lol.
I used to hang photos of the handbags I was longing for, on the refrigerator.. to give my husband a hint. ;).

For me it is watches. I have a few I really like. Here are my favorites, though in snapping the photo I noticed two that I have not worn in awhile and have not reset the time from the time change. The others set themselves via radio signal from the atomic clock. Notice the three Blue Angels watches that are the exact same time down to the second.

watches.jpg

donaldtoo

Can you explain how I know what size I am with the size listed on REI?

I’m assuming that at 5’7 as my height, that I wouldn’t be an “extra small” for a bike?

The $650 one is extra small only, the $850 one has a small and medium..but I think that’s too much to spend after I add accessories and a bike rack for my Jeep.

Also, what could possibly make a bike worth $4,000?????

View attachment 473516View attachment 473517

Supply and demand.
Wonder what the prices were on same before the current situation...? :cyclops:

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
For me it is watches. I have a few I really like. Here are my favorites, though in snapping the photo I noticed two that I have not worn in awhile and have not reset the time from the time change. The others set themselves via radio signal from the atomic clock. Notice the three Blue Angels watches that are the exact same time down to the second.

View attachment 473524
No Disney timepieces ?

21stamps

View attachment 473524

Nice!!!

So I found the bike.. it’s not listed in the “women’s” category which is why I wasn’t seeing it. Apparently it’s unisex. So I’m probably going to order it in a medium...but I’m trying to add up accessories. Do I need to buy a separate kickstand? It sounds like it.. and a water bottle holder.

I’ll probably still go to a bike shop and make sure the size is right. I hate doing that when I know I won’t buy anything there.

epcotisbest

Nice!!!

So I found the bike.. it’s not listed in the “women’s” category which is why I wasn’t seeing it. Apparently it’s unisex. So I’m probably going to order it in a medium...but I’m trying to add up accessories. Do I need to buy a separate kickstand? It sounds like it.. and a water bottle holder.

I’ll probably still go to a bike shop and make sure the size is right. I hate doing that when I know I won’t buy anything there.

Don't know if it has a kickstand or not, but you could always lean it against a tree. Yeah, gotta get a water bottle holder. My wife also has a bell. She thinks that is an essential accessory.

StarWarsGirl

Are women’s 17” bicycles the new toilet paper???

I can’t find any in store on online., not at a price I’m willing to pay. Under 500, preferably under 400.
Yep.

I had to drive 30 minutes across to a Target I haven't been to since college to find mine. I got the very last one they had as they were wheeling it out and was like, "I'll take that!"

Still haven't found one for B. I might have, except he really can't do the hand breaks. If all else fails, I found him one online that'll ship in a month.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom