The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Rista1313

Yeah. Come to think of it @21stamps I was about a year older than T when I decided I was done using my full name. My mom and B always called me Missy at home, but I decided I wanted everyone to start calling me that. Whelp, here we are all these years later. It turns out I knew exactly what I wanted back then. I don't even use my legal name professionally now. I don't mind if people who've known me since before I was 10 or so call me by it (though I've warned them that if they're trying to get my attention in a crowd they need to switch to using Missy; some people who've known me for that long have even switched over) but anyone else who tries it will get corrected. My mom thought it was a phase. Ha.

I can tell how how long people have known me by what they call me.

Susie = Pre 1980
Sue = 1980 to 1990
Susan = 1990 and beyond.

StarWarsGirl

21stamps

New plan- I talked to a mom of one of T’s good friends. Her son is going to call T and just talk to him.. maybe he’ll say something more to a kid than he would to me?
I’m not finding any baseball teams who need players/having tryouts.

I don’t remember causing this much drama for my parents. 🤣. Maybe it’s part of only-child-syndrome? 😂😂🤦‍♀️🤷‍♀️

What kid makes this decision on the day that offers go out??

StarWarsGirl

I remember you having a rather bad asthma attack and the ER doc blew it off. You don't know close we came to meeting in person that night. Thank goodness you dad is a lawyer;)
Oh, yes, that night. That was a horrible night. Up at 3 am, got told by an ER doctor that I didn't even have asthma...after getting there with a low pulsox. 🤦 Dad wrote them a nasty letter. Only highlight was Belle was a very good kitty. She woke me up to warn me I was in trouble.

I've since been back to that ER without issue. Most recently for the drive-myself-to-the-er trip. That was another fun one. For different reasons. 😂

21stamps

T was just playing fortnite with 2 soccer teammates. They asked him why and how he decided to quit. He finally said “I shouldn’t quit. I do love soccer.” And asked me to accept the offer.

What a rollercoaster. This kid. 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

I should send out a mass email to the baseball clubs, telling them to disregard my inquiries. 😂 He will try out for a travel baseball team in July, for next spring, so he can make a better decision at that point.. if it’s still on his mind.

Last edited:

Tony the Tigger

Susie = Pre 1980
Sue = 1980 to 1990
Susan = 1990 and beyond.
I was Anthony all through high school. My mother always hated Tony. A certain boss called me Tony when I was about 19, and it stuck. I liked that if I got a phone call at work for Tony, I knew it was a customer. If I got a call for Anthony, I knew it was family or friends.

I remember being at parties where work friends and high school friends would argue over my name. 🤣 Worlds collided.

Now with Facebook, I get a lot of Anthony again.

donaldtoo

Last day of (graded) school work!!!!!
The rest is just fun activities and assignments, including another drive-by parade at school.

In a few days, I will have a 5th grader.
FIFTH.
Where did the time go????

Hahaaa...!!! :)
It’s been my experience that time flies by exponentially...our youngest of 3 started 5th grade
16 years ago this September...perspective...as I always say, don’t blink...!!! ;)

donaldtoo

Susie = Pre 1980
Sue = 1980 to 1990
Susan = 1990 and beyond.

My given first name is Stephen. My mother always called me Big Steph during my childhood and into my early teen years. Ever since then, I’ve always been known as Steve. Except for my cousin Angie (Angeline :D) who, to this day, still Insists on calling me Stephen...!!!!! :hilarious:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom