The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I was taken to Tacodeli for lunch today for my annual job review, and even with all the crap goin’ on, I still got another pay raise...!!!!!!!!!!! :joyfull::joyfull::joyfull::joyfull::joyfull:
I’ve gotten 8 pay raises in the 7 years (the first year after 6 mos., the next at the 1 yr. mark) since I was rehired at the firm...hard work pays off, but, I’m also feelin’ very blessed, as well...!!! :)

Fantastic news! I'm glad they appreciate you and your hard work.

donaldtoo

Fantastic news! I'm glad they appreciate you and your hard work.

Thank you so much...!!! :)
All the partners consult with each other, but, only one partner (they alternate) conducts the reviews.
I just sooo very much appreciate it, especially in crazy times like this.
It is stressful work, in a stressful field, during a very stressful time. Tryin’ to keep ahead of other firms, utilizing as much of the latest tech as possible with so many licensing fees, me bein’ the old dog that proves he can still learn new tricks ;), etc.
It is very rewarding in a tangible, end product sense, but, it can take its toll.
I’m no spring chicken anymore, but, I’m very grateful (for the time being) that I am still very relevant/valued to the operation/dynamics of the firm...!!! :)

StarWarsGirl

She's keeping it warm for you. I told my dh about your dad's 60th and he said related
His good traits will serve him well.

One of my co-workers found an email I wrote hilarious the other day, and a former coworker from my old company said he missed my "razor sharp wit" when I changed departments.

Granted, I've had to put my foot in my mouth a fair amount of times over the years, but anyway...

MinnieM123

Premium Member
@MinnieM123 are you planning on pulling out the grill this weekend? and if so who is doing the grilling?

Well, no. Reason is that I had to order a new cooking rack, and also a new charcoal grate for my Weber. Those accessories are hard to find in local stores (Lowes, Target). (Plus, I have the smaller, 18" model, and most people have a larger one, so those larger model accessories tend to be the ones stocked in the stores.)

So I had to order both online from Lowes last week. They'll arrive 2 days after the holiday. 🤦‍♀️ And, they would not ship to home either -- I'm not a fan of Lowes. I have to pick them up at the store, when the store let me know when they're in. :rolleyes:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I was taken to Tacodeli for lunch today for my annual job review, and even with all the crap goin’ on, I still got another pay raise...!!!!!!!!!!! :joyfull::joyfull::joyfull::joyfull::joyfull:
I’ve gotten 8 pay raises in the 7 years (the first year after 6 mos., the next at the 1 yr. mark) since I was rehired at the firm...hard work pays off, but, I’m also feelin’ very blessed, as well...!!! :)

You ROCK!!! :joyfull: :joyfull: :joyfull:

(And the best part is that you have worked hard, been loyal to your firm, and deserve this. It's wonderful to see when an employee gets his due recognition.)

MySmallWorldof4

It’s like parental guilt on steroids.. like you shouldn’t feel bad about doing this stuff with your kids, it sounds so terrible to say that I do.. but the entire situation just makes it bad. These aren’t at home fun things that parents/kids decided to do on a lazy rainy day, it’s antsy kids and stressed out parents trying to complete a million things in a day.

If the rain holds off, we’re meeting another parent and kid at the school parking lot. Myself and the dad will walk around the track while our kids ride bikes. Georgia was great and a nice reprieve, but kids needs to see a friend other than via FB Messenger for Kids or Zoom. Restrictions are loosening, we know how to be safe.. they need this.
I hope B gets to see a friend soon!
My younger two have been playing almost daily with the neighbor's younger kids the last couple of weeks since the weather warmed up. They really do need the interaction with other kids. Makes them feel "normal".

MySmallWorldof4

Congratulations! 90 degree temps and a raise! What could be better?

21stamps

My younger two have been playing almost daily with the neighbor's younger kids the last couple of weeks since the weather warmed up. They really do need the interaction with other kids. Makes them feel "normal".

Yeah.. I’m going to start allowing it once the rain stops.
Day cares are opening, but most camps for school aged kids are still closed.. doesn’t make sense to keep the older kids alone when other stuff is open. It’s time for them to see their friends again.

Plus, I am soooo sick of the video games!!!

Figgy1

Premium Member
Well, no. Reason is that I had to order a new cooking rack, and also a new charcoal grate for my Weber. Those accessories are hard to find in local stores (Lowes, Target). (Plus, I have the smaller, 18" model, and most people have a larger one, so those larger model accessories tend to be the ones stocked in the stores.)

So I had to order both online from Lowes last week. They'll arrive 2 days after the holiday. 🤦‍♀️ And, they would not ship to home either -- I'm not a fan of Lowes. I have to pick them up at the store, when the store let me know when they're in. :rolleyes:
Look on the bright side the fire department will have less to worry about;)

Figgy1

Premium Member
Lockdown or no lockdown the annual Memorial day weekend is happening right on schedule. Seeing it's just us the menu will be condensed by a little bit. The guys have a chicken, bison dogs and a "flat" of sausage thawing and sides will include salad, potato salad, smoked mac and cheese, baked beans and cornbread.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom