The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

FutureCEO

With over 30 million people ( and climbing ) applying for unemployment, kids no longer going to school, parents if they are lucky to still have a job working from home, it's the great American bake-off at home and yeast is popular item #1. I tend to lose weight and eat healthier at home and some that I know tend to throw their health and wellness out the window ( gyms closed and workout at home is not the same ) and their cheat foods that are 1 day a week now has become several days a week.

Great American Bake off and most people still can't cook

MySmallWorldof4

I have been lost for the past 90 minutes. Scariest roads I’ve ever been on... apparently my Navi was directing me thru winding mountain/forest roads.. and an impossible road as my destination off the main scary one. 🤬

So, I’m an hour and a half behind now.

but, I did just see this, which did litt my spirits.

View attachment 469497
Beautiful shot!
Whenever I travel somewhere new, I will go on google maps to route it and then “put myself in the map” to look at the roads visually.
Hope your first night in the cabin went well and that the rest of the trip will be headache free.

Rista1313

In regard to your conversation with Rista, I was at the grocery store the other day and I noticed a new sign in the baking items aisle. It said, "Yeast is now located at the Courtesy Desk." 🤔 What's up with that? (I wasn't looking for any, but just happened to see the sign.) My only guess is that maybe some people were ripping it off, or buying in bulk and depleting stock early.

yes.... with everyone home, we all started making bread... and there is a yeast shortage... and it's not like they can produce it any faster, because yeast takes time to make. I read an article that said they are prepared for the run on Yeast around the holidays, but they were not prepared for this. I got mine early... and shamefully I bought 3 packets of 4 (12 little packets) but I've been running through them, so I don't feel like I'm hoarding.

Figgy1

Premium Member
yes.... with everyone home, we all started making bread... and there is a yeast shortage... and it's not like they can produce it any faster, because yeast takes time to make. I read an article that said they are prepared for the run on Yeast around the holidays, but they were not prepared for this. I got mine early... and shamefully I bought 3 packets of 4 (12 little packets) but I've been running through them, so I don't feel like I'm hoarding.
I buy yeast by the jar a couple at a time, not hoarding;):banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

wdwfan4ver

My younger brother and I gave mom roses and money.

I know Wood Orchard Market in Egg Harbor, Wisconsin is offering free fudge on Mother's day to moms based on their facebook page post. They do not sell fudge on their website, but do have all their flavors listed in the bakery section of their website.

Here are the Fudge flavors that farm market makes up and are free to moms on Mother's Day:
  • Butter Pecan
  • Caramel Apple Pie
  • Chocolate
  • Chocolate Cherry Cordial
  • Chocolate Nut
  • Chocolate Peanut Butter
  • Chocolate Praline
  • Coffee & Cream
  • Dark Chocolate
  • Door County Blizzard - fudge that includes coconut
  • Maple Nut
  • Mint Chocolate Swirl
  • Peanut Caramel Cluster
  • Twilight - Fudge that has Dark Chocolate, Caramel and Sea Salt
  • Very Cherry

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom