The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Songbird76

C19-related story that I never posted about...
The Friday morning of the last day at the office, before we brought our work home, my car wouldn’t start (DWifey took me to the office and then picked me up with all my office stuff). The car exhibited the same exact symptoms from 2 previous times. One being a fuel sensor in the tank gone bad, and the other being crank and cam timing sensors gone bad. Car cranked just fine, would act like it wanted to start, and then back off to just continue cranking. Also, it had to have a new fuel pump put on it a little less than 3 years ago after the plastic (yes, plastic) impeller shredded... :facepalm:
But, with the fuel pump, it would just crank and crank and not even give an inkling of wanting to start.
Anyhoo, sensing major $$$$$ :greedy:, with both DWifey and DS having just lost their jobs, and us not really needing another car under the circumstances, we just decided to let it sit for the time being.
Well, then along comes “We’re goin’ back to the office!!!”. Time (this past Monday) to address the inevitable. DWifey called to have the car towed to the shop. No less than 3 times I heard DWifey tell the lady on the other end of the phone that it was a green 2003 Chevy Malibu. About an hour later, the flatbed driver shows up and calls. He says the green Camry (DWifey’s car) is locked and therefore he cannot get the key from under the drivers side floor mat...!!!!! :facepalm::hilarious:
I put on a mask and walk out front (of course, the tow dude isn’t wearing one), and hip him to the correct vehicle. He proceeds to get in the car to try to start it. He then tells me it won’t start because it’s out of gas. I assure him that’s just the way that gauge works, and it’s definitely not out of gas. He insists it is. I then retrieve a full 2 gallon gas can (used for the lawn mower) from my garage and dump it all in the tank. He had a crank fest, to the point of wearing the battery down to try to prove me wrong. Under normal circumstances I would have said a few bad words to him, told him to go the **** away, and we’d call another towing company. But, it was all so comical at this point that I just rolled with it until he finally relented that I was correct...!!!!! :hilarious:
Turns out, it was the fuel pump again... :facepalm:
But, happy ending, as the part had a lifetime warranty on it, and everything, including towing, labor, and parts cost us a grand total of $0.00...!!!!!!!!!!! :joyfull::)
Wow, he doesn't sound very bright! I mean, for one, isn't that kind of the point of needing a tow? Because the car won't run on its own? Granted I know nothing about towing, and have never had a car that needed to be towed....can they not tow it if it doesn't have gas? I didn't think you actually had to turn the car on in order to tow it. I can see mixing one green car up with another green car if you just don't look at the kind of car. I mean, at least he wasn't looking at a white car or something, but if there was more than one green car, you would think he'd look to make sure he had the right one.

wdwfan4ver

You have a strange definition of gorgeous...have you had your meds checked lately?
She's not the only one who thinks its gorgeous outside. Polar bears thinks its gorgeous outside too in the weather Minnie described including this one:
sc-34.jpg

MySmallWorldof4

Happy Saturday.... made yet another bread recipe today... trying to find the perfect one. Today's was a loser, didn't rise in the oven, and honestly didn't have much flavor.... not sure what happened.

No white carp here.... you keep it over there! It's suppose to be rainy tomorrow =/
Sorry about your bread. I hate when they don't rise. I had issues with yeast at one point. Was your yeast ok?

MySmallWorldof4

Oh, and it gets better!!! :joyfull: When I went out for my jaunt through the woods this morning, it was snowing!! :inlove: (It didn't stay on the ground, but it was really pretty to see it for about an hour, before it stopped. Talk about timing, huh?!) Oh happy day!!!!!! :D
I thought about putting a sad face, but then I realized that the snow makes you happy, so even if I don't disagree on what you consider good weather, I am glad that you are happy about it.

21stamps

Looking forward to hearing about your short getaway.

thank you!! I feel like I’m packing more for a 2 night trip than I do for a weeklong trip. I just want to make sure we have several changes of clothes, and all of the gear that we need. I’m uncomfortable using some things at the cabin.. so I bought a small coffee maker, chinette, disposable cutlery, plastic cups, cooking utensils , and bath towels that I’ll leave there.
I also got some coal that I can just light with a match And a few starter logs for the fire. I’ve never used a charcoal grill before, but it should be easy enough.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Sorry about your bread. I hate when they don't rise. I had issues with yeast at one point. Was your yeast ok?

In regard to your conversation with Rista, I was at the grocery store the other day and I noticed a new sign in the baking items aisle. It said, "Yeast is now located at the Courtesy Desk." 🤔 What's up with that? (I wasn't looking for any, but just happened to see the sign.) My only guess is that maybe some people were ripping it off, or buying in bulk and depleting stock early.

Lilofan

In regard to your conversation with Rista, I was at the grocery store the other day and I noticed a new sign in the baking items aisle. It said, "Yeast is now located at the Courtesy Desk." 🤔 What's up with that? (I wasn't looking for any, but just happened to see the sign.) My only guess is that maybe some people were ripping it off, or buying in bulk and depleting stock early.
With over 30 million people ( and climbing ) applying for unemployment, kids no longer going to school, parents if they are lucky to still have a job working from home, it's the great American bake-off at home and yeast is popular item #1. I tend to lose weight and eat healthier at home and some that I know tend to throw their health and wellness out the window ( gyms closed and workout at home is not the same ) and their cheat foods that are 1 day a week now has become several days a week.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom