The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

epcotisbest

@epcotisbest The trail to the Falls is CLOSED.
I found out from my AllTrails app on my phone. It’s not even listed on the park’s website, and the women in reservations had told me that the trails are open. I just called back “all but that one are open”

really??

So, Anna Ruby Falls is in the national forest, but you have to go through the state park to get there. You do have to pay a separate fee as it is not a part of the state park. Yeah, weird I know. I did find this on the USDA website:

Anna Ruby Falls is closed until further notice to safeguard the health of employees and the public. We are committed to the health and safety of recreational visitors and our staff. We are following the guidelines from USDA and the CDCregarding COVID-19, closely monitoring the situation and responding to current conditions.

21stamps

@21stamps Guess I should have told you Anna Ruby was national and Unicoi state, but it never occurred to me AR would be closed while Unicoi open. Traveling right now is going to be different regardless of where you go. I guess it is going to be frustrating and will require some flexibility.

I understand that much will be closed, I’m just frustrated that I called and pointedly asked what was available, prior to making the reservation.
The reservationists had said “All of our trails are open, we encourage visitors, and social distancing is being respected here, so you don’t have to worry about anything. Come on down and enjoy our beautiful park”

21stamps

Here is a link that tells more about the Unicoi/Anna Ruby connection and a good video of the falls at the bottom of the page. And, it is not Helena, that is just a typo.

In Ohio, we have big red “COVID-19 closures” on every park website I’ve looked at. Georgia really should do the same. Maybe you’re right about the ‘weird’ ;)

StarWarsGirl

More like smart @$$, yup related
giphy.gif

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
I loved your video! Are all those pictures taken this spring? I am jealous of the sunny skies. We had 7 days of sunshine in April. May doesn't look any better yet. The fact that we were supposed to be in Universal today is making me sad. Thanks for the pretty flowers.
All the photos have been taken since we entered lockdown just over 6 weeks ago.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom