The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

donaldtoo

It's may 5th, 40 degrees outside and a mix of carp is falling. Does anybody know where I can get a super insulated wet suit that will survive a swim across a very big pond:angelic:

Normally, I’d suggest a much shorter swim to the warm Texas coast, but, apparently COVID-19 really needs to be renamed MORON-19... :cyclops:

epcotisbest

@epcotisbest I found some adventure! Inconvenient time, but the only available reservation.., that’s ok., we’ll make it work :)

View attachment 469284

A coworker is going to let me borrow his GoPro. I’m super excited., I’m going to make an iMovie or something of the time there, including footage from wearing a head strap while zip lining. 🤣

Fun! My wife did that a couple of years ago at Hilton Head Island. I stayed on the ground.

528AF75D-CA87-481E-ACE2-BE36989D26A1.jpeg41C32597-DE91-4B6B-B264-EF9D80370C42.jpeg

wdwfan4ver

Our current weatherstuffs...!
;)
View attachment 469273
Today is cooler than Tomorrow for the area I live in. It is 38 degrees where I live in Wisconsin right now as I am typing this. There was a little bit snow coming from the sky earlier, but didn't accumulate. Tomorrow is going to be 58 degrees and Sunny.

The catch is Mother's day is a bad day for grilling and Mother's day super is moved up to Saturday for grilling porterhouse steak. The steak was bought late last year. There is enough steak grilled for 2 days. due to the size of each piece.

Mother's day doing to have showers with it being in the mid 40s as a high.

Last edited:

21stamps

@21stamps She loved whitewater rafting as well as ziplining. As you can see in the second photo, her judgement can be questionable. Looks like she is having fun in the first photo though. I had fun taking photos.

View attachment 469292View attachment 469293

Oh no!!!!! I love that you caught the paddles in the photo. It’s great that she has someone to take such good pictures of your/her adventures!!
You wouldn’t have been able to capture that if onboard the raft.

donaldtoo

That's quite a switch from before. I know you look forward to the day that you can, once again, abscond with food from the break room. Hang in there.

Thanks, Minnie...!!! :)
Quite a switch indeed, and a game changer all the way around. Who knows how long it’ll be before this all goes back to normal-ish after, and if, an effective vaccine is found.
Here in Texas, as far as what I heard on the radio today, in some businesses, you can opt out of returning to certain jobs and still collect regular unemployment, and the $600/week stuff from the feds.
I’m just gonna’ go back to the office armed with everything I need in regards to the current situation, and do my job like I always have.
I’ve never collected a drop of unemployment my entire life, after 4+ decades of payin’ into it even through the last recession when
I was holding down as many as 3 retail jobs at a time. I just went and worked my retail rear end off as best as I could.
I’m gonna’ go back and do what I do, in a very modified situation.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Today is cooler than Tomorrow for the area I live in. It is 38 degrees where I live in Wisconsin right now as I am typing this. There was a little bit snow coming from the sky earlier, but didn't accumulate. Tomorrow is going to be 58 degrees and Sunny.

The catch is Mother's day is a bad day for grilling and Mother's day super is moved up to Saturday for grilling porterhouse steak. The steak was bought late last year. There is enough steak grilled for 2 days. due to the size of each piece.

Mother's doing to have showers with it being in the mid 40s as a high.

It's been cold in my neck of the woods in Wisconsin too. No snowflakes, thank goodness! The steak sounds good, my husband often broils steaks if he can't grill. He does a fantastic job with it too.

Tony the Tigger

Hi, all. Some updates, big and small:

We got the PPP loan funds a few days ago, thank goodness. It's not huge, but it does what it's supposed to do, which is cover payroll for the next 8 weeks. I'm encouraged now to try for the bigger SBA loans, which would be the game changers.

One landlord has been partially cooperative; the other has not at all, but I plan to call the main office on Monday and see what can be done.

Sales are inching up.

Brian has some unemployment coming in, although it was paused because he didn't realize he had to start showing job search history (that had been waived initially.)

The way things are going, we may be able to open within the next two weeks. Our towns and county are petitioning the Governor to treat Broward County like most of the rest of the state of FL. Apparently he is doing that for Palm Beach, but not here. What they call opening "at 25% capacity" would just be standard business for us - we are rarely anywhere near capacity outside of special events.

Definitely concerned about other openings that are likely to cause spread - beaches, parks, nail salons, massage, etc.

As far as I know, we're both still healthy, although Brian has had strange headaches and what he is calling severe sinus congestion/infection. Antibiotics do not seem to have helped. He said he had something similar years ago. This has been going on nearly two weeks, and he has been on the miserable side. Edit to add: today they referred him to an ear, nose & throat Doc.

We drained our little pool because we let it go for so long, that even shock treatment didn't cure the green. Drained it, scrubbed it, should be refilling it tomorrow, and that will give us something else to do (float in the sun!) (Yes, of course with cocktails!)

I have had so little free time to come here. I read once in awhile without posting. The driving gig is slowly improving, but it is really exhausting - and a lot of hours for not a ton of money. Last week was particularly bad, this week is my best so far. With all that work, though, I've made about as much as we would normally ring up on a Friday night at one store. (Of course, this is mostly profit, my store sales would be maybe 25 to 30% profit on average.) If I keep up the pace for Saturday & Sunday, I may end up with as much as one store used to ring on a Saturday. Putting that into perspective kind of drives me nuts. That said, I'm beginning to master it. The better you do, the better assignments you get. I was getting a lot of $30-$70 deliveries, which might pay about $7 plus tip, if any. (Tips have improved a bit.) This morning I had to do two decent sized orders from Publix ($150 and $160) and have them both delivered by 10AM. (The store opens at 8AM.) With some luck (one quiet customer and one who responded quickly to questions about stock-outs) I had them both delivered by 9:34AM. One tipped me $35. The other, no tip so far.

Having done that successfully, tomorrow morning I have a $460 Publix order for the same timeframe. I'm going to get to the store before they open, sometimes they'll let you in early on a Friday or Saturday (especially for Shipt shoppers.) Fingers crossed. I mapped everything out tonight and checked the Publix site in case I didn't know what aisle something was in. I know, I know, I'm too into it. But it's a challenge and a game. And it pays off if I do it well. The base pay on an order like that should be $25-$35, and there's a chance of a good tip since it's in the Las Olas area.

I've lost about 10 pounds. Mood is generally OK. Just lots and lots to do, and I beat myself up for not getting everything in the world done. Weird situations with employees (stories for another day.) And as always, when you put more effort in one area, you put less into another, and kind of end up in the same place.

People are gross. They don't follow rules. They don't care about anyone but themselves when they are in a supermarket rushing around carelessly invading others' 6 foot bubbles. I've started firmly putting my arm out and saying, "SIX FEET!" and I don't care if they don't like it. Stay. Away. From. Me. The shopping cart is a great buffer, especially when you pull it behind you.

I'm sure I'm forgetting something, but I think that's a long enough post for now. Kylie is OK for the most part. Brian has suddenly taken to walking her at night. That's a good thing.

Looking forward to the little pool, maybe by late tomorrow afternoon.

Did my own Corona haircut #2 yesterday. Guess I need a new pic.

Can't rule out a trip to Orlando just to go to Jiko and come home when the time is right. We all need a little happy for balance. We find it here and there. I'm loving driving in the nice weather with the sunroof open and the Yacht Rock station on.

OK, gotta get to sleep, need to be up by 7 and out the door soon after. Hope everyone is well and safe!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom