The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Goofyernmost

At my Target, they had some bottles of hand sanitizer, BUT, they did not have any alcohol in them, which is the recommendation by the CDC. (They recommend 60-70%.)

Needless to say, I dumped it back on the shelf. It's been about 7 weeks now, and still no "real" hand sanitizer in any of the stores. 😡 (And yes, I've done rope drop in various stores, mid-morning checks, and late days checks -- none anywhere.)
Just out of curiosity how many ounces and how much did that hand Stuff sell for.

21stamps

I am a little jealous. It is still too early to plant, here. Mother's Day is usually the first safecplanting day. Next week is supposed to be chilly, with frost temps at night.

I’ve never made a garden this size. Last year we only got one tomato from 9 plants, because of the deer. The deer did leave my basil, cilantro and dill alone luckily. I have more veggies and fruits for the first time, no large tomato plants.. I hope the deer stay away!!! I tried everything last year, nothing worked.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
So the Arboretum that we like go to opened yesterday, but only their 3 mile drive and we had to stay in our car. I reserved a time for us and we drove through today, we did the 3 mile drive loop twice. It was fantastic seeing the flowers. There was one restroom open and we did have to stop before the second loop so we were able to get out of our cars for that! We did wear our masks to go into the restroom.
Here are some pictures.
442E0933-2EDC-4A30-B4F5-E796E08215F4.jpeg9011F2F3-98D4-4246-9121-E7A3266DE633.jpegB461D57A-DCB7-4FE3-A9C0-C480B138EAB4.jpeg253F2CE9-5515-4F5A-89C5-191698E5BB75.jpeg48EECBE8-F100-456A-AA77-707571B65F88.jpeg785562AE-69EB-4812-B279-A1DF12D0C9DA.jpeg0E6EBFDC-EF36-4686-84D6-4CE7F21F75A8.jpegE3EC2200-2EF3-48DB-A299-37A3AD0B0FB6.jpegE8726EA3-8AAE-4FFC-A763-459D00C56A91.jpeg

21stamps

And the last set: We are hoping to got back next week. We have a reserved time. The tulips (all 38,000) should be in full bloom and the crab apples should be in bloom too. We will most likely have to stay in our car again but it is better than not being able to go at all.
View attachment 467929View attachment 467930View attachment 467931View attachment 467932View attachment 467933View attachment 467934View attachment 467935View attachment 467936View attachment 467937View attachment 467938

Beautiful pics. Makes me a little sad that we won’t see the Cincinnati Zoo in full bloom this year. Always one of my favorite things to see all of the tulips!

wdwfan4ver

Anyone playing Animal Crossing? Have to brag a bit today. I now have a 5 Star Island. My grandson is jealous since I did no terraforming at all.
Nope. I play video games, but not that game. I do own a Nintendo Switch though. I am not into animal crossing video games. I got a huge backlog of video games for lots of video game systems. I have been playing Final Fantasy 4 on Super Nintendo.

Last edited:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Just out of curiosity how many ounces and how much did that hand Stuff sell for.

I don't recall the brand, because I never heard of it before. It looked like something more for the (in non-COVID19 times) "natural" crowd, with basically non-threatening ingredients. Think it was under $5.00 for maybe 6-8 ounces.

Sometimes, they get in Germ-X (8 oz., $1.99) and that's o.k., because of the alcohol content. Problem is, if you don't get there on "THE" day that they parade it out, or you don't get there when the door opens on "THAT" day, it sells out immediately. Really frustrating. And if you go to their web site and see "limited stock" that's the kiss of death right there -- can guarantee that when you get to the store, it's gone--AGAIN.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I’ve never made a garden this size. Last year we only got one tomato from 9 plants, because of the deer. The deer did leave my basil, cilantro and dill alone luckily. I have more veggies and fruits for the first time, no large tomato plants.. I hope the deer stay away!!! I tried everything last year, nothing worked.

From time to time, you might want to browse "The General Gardening Thread" here in the Chic Chat section. Willmark started it (he's doing a big backyard gardening project). You may be able to connect with fellow gardeners there for miscellaneous tips, etc.

John park hopper

When we first moved to the house we are in now we had deer the only way to keep them out of the veggie garden was to fence it in. Last season I had peppers planted out side the fence and the deer found them ate all the leaves off. Deer also love to eat sweet potato plants. I've tried deer repellent sets but all I tried don't seem to work. Good luck with the deer

Goofyernmost

I don't recall the brand, because I never heard of it before. It looked like something more for the (in non-COVID19 times) "natural" crowd, with basically non-threatening ingredients. Think it was under $5.00 for maybe 6-8 ounces.

Sometimes, they get in Germ-X (8 oz., $1.99) and that's o.k., because of the alcohol content. Problem is, if you don't get there on "THE" day that they parade it out, or you don't get there when the door opens on "THAT" day, it sells out immediately. Really frustrating. And if you go to their web site and see "limited stock" that's the kiss of death right there -- can guarantee that when you get to the store, it's gone--AGAIN.
The reason why I asked is because a week or so ago I took a friend to the Farmers Market in Raleigh. There she bought a 4 oz bottle of hand sanitizer for $5.00. A price that I thought, at the time, was price gouging. Of course one has to remember that I have never bought hand sanitizer in my life. It still seems unreal that anyone would think an expensive bottle of that would be any protection at all. One would have to take a bath in it (full body) to have any impact at all and then remain naked. Our hands are only a small percentage of our bodies (unless you are @JenniferS ;), sorry Jennifer I just couldn't resist). We still have all the rest of our bodies, our clothes and everything that we touch. In order to cover it all we must wear gloves, which will also pick up the virus so we still can't touch any part of our bodies. It's just a guess but I would say that if the virus is anywhere near you, the length of time that hand sanitizer is effective is about 10 seconds tops. Just my opinion I know, but I've never heard an argument that proves otherwise.

Hospital workers, sure and even then it is repeated hundreds of times a day and other protective garb is used as well, when available! But for everyday life, it is somewhat effective on bacteria, but not so much on virus. I believe that is pretty much the job of our immune system to protect us from. Sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't. Anyway, here's hoping you get to the store first in line.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom