The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

SteveBrickNJ

Good morning! I'm not supposed to be online since 8am, but I'll quickly post and then start my teaching day.
#1 Thanks @StarWarsGirl . I've seen 6 episodes and 3 of them my daughter has watched with me.
#2 This is for everyone....I went outside this thread and started an independent thread: "YOUR FAVORITE photo(s) that you'll never delete"
............check it out if you are in the mood.
Gotta go. Bye!
Oops.
I accidentally posted my independent thread on Disney Trivia and Games instead of the Chit Chat forum. I asked "The Mom" to move it. As of 11:40am she has not yet viewed my request.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Now is a good time for you to learn how to cook....it's part of being a self sufficient adult.

Lots of self sufficient adults do not know how to cook. Me I remember all the pictures @StarWarsGirl has posted when her family was on vacation and she was at home 'cause she had to work the first week of the family vacation. She posted her nightly meals for one for all of us to see.

And then there are others like my Sisters family. She, an attorney, my BIL senior VP of Merrill Lynch and my niece in med school. Nobody cooks. (For that matter nobody cleans or does laundry either.) They all eat out of lunch individually, their big meal of the day and someone picks up a lighter meal for dinner at home or my niece at the hospital. They are all Vegan and eat balanced meals. All three of them meet target weight. They are over the top busy professionals and they travel a great deal. Cleveland has a beautiful and huge market which they love. It has both farmers market, butcher and all sorts of unique foods including ethnic choices galore right by her law firm. If you are ever in Cleveland do visit.
c21market5jpg-51c92b6aa529742a.jpg

th
th
th
th

Given their businesses they entertain a great deal. The food is catered in, servers and bartenders hired and they come with their own plates and silverware and it all gets dumped into rubbermaid containers and taken away. They only stage in her big, beautiful kitchen.

And then there is me from the same genetic pool. I love to cook. I am good at it. Still I do not cook over the weekend. We go out. Well now we do curbside, for the time being.

StarWarsGirl

Lots of self sufficient adults do not know how to cook. Me I remember all the pictures @StarWarsGirl has posted when her family was on vacation and she was at home 'cause she had to work the first week of the family vacation. She posted her nightly meals for one for all of us to see.

And then there are others like my Sisters family. She, an attorney, my BIL senior VP of Merrill Lynch and my niece in med school. Nobody cooks. (For that matter nobody cleans or does laundry either.) They all eat out of lunch individually, their big meal of the day and someone picks up a lighter meal for dinner at home or my niece at the hospital. They are all Vegan and eat balanced meals. All three of them meet target weight. They are over the top busy professionals and they travel a great deal. Cleveland has a beautiful and huge market which they love. It has both farmers market, butcher and all sorts of unique foods including ethnic choices galore right by her law firm. If you are ever in Cleveland do visit.

th
th
th
th

Given their businesses they entertain a great deal. The food is catered in, servers and bartenders hired and they come with their own plates and silverware and it all gets dumped into rubbermaid containers and taken away. They only stage in her big, beautiful kitchen.

And then there is me from the same genetic pool. I love to cook. I am good at it. Still I do not cook over the weekend. We go out. Well now we do curbside, for the time being.
Yeah, my parents going on vacation was the time when I was like, "Whelp, time to figure this out." I basically taught myself how to cook through the internet and YouTube, no one taught me other than the few basic skills my mom taught while growing up. But like how to grill, make pasta, my quesadilla recipe (which now my mom makes me cook quesdillas now since she figured out I know how to do them better than throwing them in the oven...) I learned from the internet.

It's just not my favorite thing to do, and especially when I'm done with work in the evenings, I'm not particularly inclined to cook. On weekends I'm more willing. A lot of times when my family is on vacation, if I happen to be home over a weekend, I'll cook then, and then during the week I do takeout and sustain on leftovers from the weekend and from takeout for the week.

It is one of the perks of still living with my parents, though. Mom made up chili the other day while I was working. Now there's plenty of it in the fridge. I probably would have just thrown a salad together had she not done that.

Figgy1

Premium Member

th
th
th
th

I need that farm market. Mine is nice but not so fancy schmancy

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom