The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MySmallWorldof4

T’s Saturday league team only had 6 kids show up today.. so they played 6v7 no subs obviously. T got a hat trick (3 rd consecutive weekend doing so).. but then you could tell he was out of it on the last 5-6minutes of the game. Up until that point he was on fire. Sometimes he has a problem pushing thru when something hurts. It was FREEZING there.. the weird thing is his face was bright red and he was sweating, but he kept holding his ears. Two or 3 times he didn’t move fast enough to beat a defender or get into space... one time a kid made a gorgeous pass to him, and T totally whiffed because he had been holding his ear a second before.

After the game he complained that his ears hurt really bad and he just couldn’t ignore it any longer. I don’t know if he was just being weak minded, or if I need to have it checked out. They’re fine now. This is the same kid who says he’s a ‘tough man’ and jumping on a trampoline in freezing temps and no shoes, doesn’t bother him. 🙄

I’ll give it a day and see if he complains of an earache again.. but does this sound strange to anyone else?
I always get ear aches when it is cold and windy. Maybe he can wear a headband to cover his ears.

MySmallWorldof4

I was in MD yesterday for a cheer competition. Youngest’s team cane i. 2nd out of 3. They had a perfect routine but were beat by a team with 26 kids. They only have 13. Normally they competition companies split divisions according to size, but there weren’t enough teams at this one so they just combined small, medium, and large teams. Sort of not fair because they could put up 5 stunts and our girls and the other team could only get up 2 or 3.

21stamps

I was in MD yesterday for a cheer competition. Youngest’s team cane i. 2nd out of 3. They had a perfect routine but were beat by a team with 26 kids. They only have 13. Normally they competition companies split divisions according to size, but there weren’t enough teams at this one so they just combined small, medium, and large teams. Sort of not fair because they could put up 5 stunts and our girls and the other team could only get up 2 or 3.

That doesn’t seem fair at all. :(

21stamps

We’re watching Remember the Titans right now, Yep, my kid is still awake... Although we’re about half way through and I don’t think we’ll make it to the end tonight, even though he keeps saying he will. Lol
Quoting myself...

We stayed up til the end. T enjoyed it a lot. As did I, it’s probably been 17 years since I’ve last seen it. What a great movie, and story.

On a side note, it’s interesting that Ryan Gossling’s part was relatively small, and he went on to become the biggest star out of the cast (with the exception of Denzel of course).

21stamps

I always get ear aches when it is cold and windy. Maybe he can wear a headband to cover his ears.

I do too, but he has to learn to push thru even if something hurts/is bothering him. It was very noticeable in those last few minutes, the coach yelled at him a few times when he got beat to the ball or didn’t fill space properly, justifiably so. I thought maybe it was maybe something like an infection, but apparently not. Hopefully he learned a lesson, he doesn’t like to get reprimanded by his coach... but more that, he needs to want it bad enough to put mind over matter. They were winning, he says he would have been different if they were losing.. either way, I reminded him that he needs to give 100% all the time. He did, for the majority of the game,just keep that fire all the way til the final whistle!
In a nutshell, my kid’s mind is his biggest roadblock sometimes, whether it’s anxiety or lack of confidence, or like the example above. I can’t help him with that. It doesn’t happen too often, but there are plenty of times when it does. If he wants it bad enough then he’ll learn to fix those areas.

*^*sometimes I feel like my words here don’t translate well, they sound harsher than they are... but I hope what I’m saying is coming across correctly.

Anyway, we have 2 more soccer games today.. had b-ball last night, final league game of the season, luckily no basketball today today (I feel like b-ball season is NEVER ENDING..I’m sooooo ready for baseball to start!!). His basketball team qualified for the City Tournament.. so we’ll start that next weekend.
Now it’s my turn to lack heart after just criticizing my kid for the same lol. I would never tell him this, but honestly I don’t care how far they make it in City.. I’d like for them to get past the 1st round of course, but I don’t want 3 more weekends of basketball. 😂 Baseball practice starts this coming week, I’m mentally checked out of basketball, and I don’t want to juggle all of these teams over the next few weeks. Maybe I should give myself a pep talk. ;)

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom