The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Yeah, I realize that may be a tad too long. I have a plan to deal with this. I contacted this acquaintance whose daughter cheers for this other gym and she said it would be ok to watch a practice. So we may go up one Sunday to check it out. I will tell dd that because of the new gym, there will not be enough kids to sustain a cheer program and we need to look for another gym, and I won’t go to the gym where the other families will be going. They will create drama there too. I want to be done with that. This person said there has been no drama.

My kids swam parks, High school and club. We did need to change clubs once as a new coach was nuts just out from marines and seemed to be working out his issues by dealing with the swimmers as if he was their commander. The team went from 140 to 33 very quickly. Swimmers were absorbed by 4 teams of swimmers and family choice.

I feel for you and your DD. I also see both sides frustration. I remember the drama over team shirts and the owner having enough of the parent drama so it obviously has been brewing a long time. And I get parents shock and unhappiness. Seems nobody has been happy. I agree owner made a business choice and did a bad job of looping the parents in.

I like @MinnieM123 only wondered the whys your DD needs to be kept in the dark. You don’t need to answer that or explain to me. It just raised my own radar. If she finds out from someone else on her team cause kids do especially when they are told not to tell, they will have a secret. I can imagine a couple kids talking about it when she is ear shot but not actually telling her. Kids can be cruel. But Then what? Me my kids were in on team change cause it was their sport but our kids might be wired very different so I am not judging. Each kids coping skills are different. My kids would have been so angry with me if I chose not loop them in. I forget. How old is your DD?

MySmallWorldof4

My kids swam parks, High school and club. We did need to change clubs once as a new coach was nuts just out from marines and seemed to be working out his issues by dealing with the swimmers as if he was their commander. The team went from 140 to 33 very quickly. Swimmers were absorbed by 4 teams of swimmers and family choice.

I feel for you and your DD. I also see both sides frustration. I remember the drama over team shirts and the owner having enough of the parent drama so it obviously has been brewing a long time. And I get parents shock and unhappiness. Seems nobody has been happy. I agree owner made a business choice and did a bad job of looping the parents in.

I like @MinnieM123 only wondered the whys your DD needs to be kept in the dark. You don’t need to answer that or explain to me. It just raised my own radar. If she finds out from someone else on her team cause kids do especially when they are told not to tell, they will have a secret. I can imagine a couple kids talking about it when she is ear shot but not actually telling her. Kids can be cruel. But Then what? Me my kids were in on team change cause it was their sport but our kids might be wired very different so I am not judging. Each kids coping skills are different. My kids would have been so angry with me if I chose not loop them in. I forget. How old is your DD?
She is 9. Turns 10 in November. I did change my mind and will tell her tomorrow. I am just under the weather today and have been avoiding all my kids because I don’t want to spread germs. This will require a lot of hugs because tears will ensue.

donaldtoo

Was watchin’ “Speed” on CMT, but, even my feeble mind can’t suspend that much fantasy from reality...!!!!! :hilarious:
Currently watchin’ “Avengers: Age of Ultron”, but, that may change very soon too...please people, give me some good ol’ classy fun flicks like “Caddyshack”, “Animal House”, “Stripes”, “Vacation” from the good ol’ days...!!!!! :hilarious:

StarWarsGirl

And I am not sure if I should have used este foro or esta foro. ( this forum)
Este. Este is masculine, esta is feminine. If you're not sure if the subject is masculine or feminine, use word reference to look it up.
20200124_231450.jpg

The "nm" tells me it's a masculine noun.

Though when in doubt, a word ending in o is usually masculine and a word ending in a is usually feminine. There's exceptions, like El agua, but if you have to guess, that's usually how it goes.

Cesar R M

Yeah, that whole thing was typed in bursts as I watched.
Yeah, they're definitely Romulan refugees. Vulcans are more stoic.

It could be Romulan synths. Or it could be that some Romulans bleed green and others bleed red.

Yeah, he's a Holo, but he's sentient and advanced. Still, he was part of Starfleet, and I'm sure if there had been a ban, Janeway would fight tooth and nail to ensure he was exempt. Still, I wanna know what happened to all these characters from TNG, DS9, and Voyager. Hopefully since Seven's there we'll hear bits about some of the Voyager characters.

It seems reasonable that between the Dominican War, the attacks by the Borg, and the issues with the Romulans and synths that humans have developed a bit of xenophobia.

And...the Borg are back. I have questions on that one...
Considering how Janeway was the destroyer of borg, savior of xxx and her future self did go back in time to save her older counterpart to destroy the borg. I think Janeway had her way to save the doctor :p

Unlike Picard who is more gentleman and not direct.. Cisco and Janeway would straight punch an admiral if things get roasty.

also lol domincan wars.. XD
But I get your points.
PS, this video gives a good point and links perfectly

SteveBrickNJ

Este. Este is masculine, esta is feminine. If you're not sure if the subject is masculine or feminine, use word reference to look it up.
View attachment 443404

The "nm" tells me it's a masculine noun.

Though when in doubt, a word ending in o is usually masculine and a word ending in a is usually feminine. There's exceptions, like El agua, but if you have to guess, that's usually how it goes.
Awesome post. Thank you. And btw, I wish I had CBS All Access.I would very much enjoy seeing Picard.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom