The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Thank you -- link works. I'll check out the site. :)

(Bummer for your print subscription that it dropped from bi-monthly to quarterly.) :(

it is a bummer but I still enjoy the magazine. There is another WDW magazine that does digital and print. I tried a digital subscription when it first came out, it was ok but I preferred Celebrations. The other one is called Wdw magazine I believe.

KBLovedDisney

Hi. This is me....avoiding people at work...or more so avoiding work today. It's been a week.
tenor.gif

MySmallWorldof4

Good luck! I hope it goes as smoothly as possible, and you all get all of your questions answered. Transparency and what will happen in the future is necessary after this mess. You are all owed that much at least
So this is what happened. It was not pretty. I think the gym owner made a business decision pertaining to the firings. She also said that she wants the cheer parents to no longer sit in the main waiting area but in the dance studio, which is just a room with mirrors. There is no dance program anymore. Their reasoning was is that people from other programs were complaining about the cattiness of the team parents. I raised my hands at this. I believe in fairness and this seemed like a control issue and punishment frankly for nothing most of us had a part in. There is usually just me and another mom in the gym when dd has practice. We don’t speak to each other because frankly, we don’t like each other. So I said that I had issue with that because it seemed we were being treated as second class citizens and it seemed segregative. The gym owner and I have a very good relationship. She said she will give that more thought and they will reconsider that. Anyway the kicker was that they decided to end the cheer program at that gym. Those of us who hadn’t planned on leaving were very upset. I have not told dd. I posted in the teams chat if the other kids that do know not tell her. I will wait til the end of the season which is the first weekend in May. I have already started looking at other possibilities. I will have issues with the gym coming to town because that is the reason all this happened. I contacted an acquaintance who used to have her daughter cheer at the gym. She and 4 others left last season to go to a gym 50 minutes away. The price is comparable and they just do cheer. She said there is no drama and her daughter is happier there than dd’s current gym. She said the other kids and families are happy too. So that is number one on my list. Tryouts aren’t til the end of May at most gyms since the season ends the second week in May. I am just hoping all goes well for the kids the next 4 months.

21stamps

So this is what happened. It was not pretty. I think the gym owner made a business decision pertaining to the firings. She also said that she wants the cheer parents to no longer sit in the main waiting area but in the dance studio, which is just a room with mirrors. There is no dance program anymore. Their reasoning was is that people from other programs were complaining about the cattiness of the team parents. I raised my hands at this. I believe in fairness and this seemed like a control issue and punishment frankly for nothing most of us had a part in. There is usually just me and another mom in the gym when dd has practice. We don’t speak to each other because frankly, we don’t like each other. So I said that I had issue with that because it seemed we were being treated as second class citizens and it seemed segregative. The gym owner and I have a very good relationship. She said she will give that more thought and they will reconsider that. Anyway the kicker was that they decided to end the cheer program at that gym. Those of us who hadn’t planned on leaving were very upset. I have not told dd. I posted in the teams chat if the other kids that do know not tell her. I will wait til the end of the season which is the first weekend in May. I have already started looking at other possibilities. I will have issues with the gym coming to town because that is the reason all this happened. I contacted an acquaintance who used to have her daughter cheer at the gym. She and 4 others left last season to go to a gym 50 minutes away. The price is comparable and they just do cheer. She said there is no drama and her daughter is happier there than dd’s current gym. She said the other kids and families are happy too. So that is number one on my list. Tryouts aren’t til the end of May at most gyms since the season ends the second week in May. I am just hoping all goes well for the kids the next 4 months.

Oh wow. I’m so very sorry to hear this.

I can understand why you don’t want to tell your daughter at this time. Let them finish their season without the adult drama bogging them down.

I also understand your feelings towards the new gym, but remember that they didn’t personally cause the drama/lack of transparency... and maybe in the end either that one or the other you mentioned, may be a better fit for your daughter.
I know that’s easier said than done, and I would be feeling the exact same as you right now.

Do you have a few girls that will stick together to make the transition easier? I know you said you sometimes share a room with another mother/daughter, do you think your daughters will want to remain teammates?

MySmallWorldof4

Oh wow. I’m so very sorry to hear this.

I can understand why you don’t want to tell your daughter at this time. Let them finish their season without the adult drama bogging them down.

I also understand your feelings towards the new gym, but remember that they didn’t personally cause the drama/lack of transparency... and maybe in the end either that one or the other you mentioned, may be a better fit for your daughter.
I know that’s easier said than done, and I would be feeling the exact same as you right now.

Do you have a few girls that will stick together to make the transition easier? I know you said you sometimes share a room with another mother/daughter, do you think your daughters will want to remain teammates?
That mom will stay at the gym. She works their front office. Her kid will just do the new program. Dd was not impressed when I showed her videos of that sport. I texted 2 other moms today. One has a 15 year old boy who I have known for 5 years. He took gymnastics with my son, but was more talented. He just started cheer this year and was loving it. She said he’ll be devastated. He actually has a friend who is on a coed team at the gym I am considering. She said that that family loves it. She hopes that he will transition better knowing he has a friend there. Another mom who has a daughter on dd’s team seemed interested in the info I gave her. She didn’t think the drive was that bad. Ig would only be twice a week, plus it is near Wegman’s which is the best supermarket. So, I am trying to now be positive with all this. Not telling dd yet though.

21stamps

That mom will stay at the gym. She works their front office. Her kid will just do the new program. Dd was not impressed when I showed her videos of that sport. I texted 2 other moms today. One has a 15 year old boy who I have known for 5 years. He took gymnastics with my son, but was more talented. He just started cheer this year and was loving it. She said he’ll be devastated. He actually has a friend who is on a coed team at the gym I am considering. She said that that family loves it. She hopes that he will transition better knowing he has a friend there. Another mom who has a daughter on dd’s team seemed interested in the info I gave her. She didn’t think the drive was that bad. Ig would only be twice a week, plus it is near Wegman’s which is the best supermarket. So, I am trying to now be positive with all this. Not telling dd yet though.

I know it’s a different situation, but last June one of our boys did not receive an offer for our team again, he was one of our original 3... the club offered him the level below us. I don’t think he deserved that, neither did his parents, so, he and another one of our boys who also got cut this year, they went to another club together, made the roster and are playing at the same level as our team.
I’m still friends with the “og” mom, and T still hangs out with the boy... it was an adjustment at first for them, but now they’re much happier. They love their new club, and the kid has actually become a much better soccer player with them (not that he was bad before).

Changing clubs/studios can be scary, for families and the kids. I do hope that this ends up being even better than where you were at. Maybe you’ll have a team with close knit non-catty parents!

I worry about what happened yesterday with T’s team. I think a domino effect may start. Not for Spring, but at tryout time. I think a few will try out elsewhere now. I wanted T to leave so badly last year, but couldn’t convince him... maybe this will be the year. Whatever happens, I know we’ll see major changes again.

I would love to just get a core group and stay together with the same coach!! I hope the same for you.

MySmallWorldof4

I know it’s a different situation, but last June one of our boys did not receive an offer for our team again, he was one of our original 3... the club offered him the level below us. I don’t think he deserved that, neither did his parents, so, he and another one of our boys who also got cut this year, they went to another club together, made the roster and are playing at the same level as our team.
I’m still friends with the “og” mom, and T still hangs out with the boy... it was an adjustment at first for them, but now they’re much happier. They love their new club, and the kid has actually become a much better soccer player with them (not that he was bad before).

Changing clubs/studios can be scary, for families and the kids. I do hope that this ends up being even better than where you were at. Maybe you’ll have a team with close knit non-catty parents!

I worry about what happened yesterday with T’s team. I think a domino effect may start. Not for Spring, but at tryout time. I think a few will try out elsewhere now. I wanted T to leave so badly last year, but couldn’t convince him... maybe this will be the year. Whatever happens, I know we’ll see major changes again.

I would love to just get a core group and stay together with the same coach!! I hope the same for you.
Thanks. I hope that this will be a positive change and I think we may be leaving at the right time after all. One of the parents at yesterdays meeting asked the owner if it was appropriate for a gymnastics coach and a parent to be dating each other. This was said after the owner said it was inappropriate for parents to organize a meeting with the fired coaches. I was confused by this remark. I must not be privy to any gossip. Anyway one of my friends told me that the lady who is the gymnastics coordinator and she used to also be the cheer coordinator, left her husband. She was having an affair with a parent of one of the gymnasts. He just left his wife. I know who they are talking about. They were both there Wednesday and you never would have guessed. I for sure wouldn’t have my kid still at the gym. Maybe all this change is for the best after all.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom