The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MySmallWorldof4

She has the same emotions that I had. I hated fall because it was followed by winter. I hated winter in Vermont because it was cold and (I hate cold) was never ending and when it did we were right into mud season. Then summer came along and it lasted what seemed like 4 weeks and it was hot, but because we lived in a climate that didn't call for central air, we had to huddle in rooms with window AC's that can continuously, never shutting off until fall. However, Christmas was a mess of emotions. It was nice to do family stuff on Christmas, but all that fun was followed by January, February and, at least, half of March. The gray months as we called them.

That is why I always scheduled my Florida trips at the end of February. I can't tell you how many times it was -20 degrees F. on the mornings we left home, around Presidents Day, in the long shot hopes that by the time we got home the beginning of March winter would be over. It wasn't, of course, but we never gave up hope. Why we thought that the Cold Air supplied by our, alleged friends in Cananada would be gone 9 days later, but when you're freezing to death you have to hang onto whatever hope you can find. :cold:🥶👎
In March we would sometimes take the kids down to North Carolina (Raleigh area), to get some Spring weather when where we were living felt like a never ending stay in an icebox. Haven't done that in years, and I miss it.

donaldtoo

Crazy weather in our hood again...!!! 🤪
It was sunny and got up to 81 degrees here today, and was still 78 shortly after 4p.
But, check out our low for tomorrow that I circled in red below (it’s not predicted to get outta’ the 40’s all day, and our low Wednesday mornin’ is predicted to be 34)...!!!!! :hilarious:

C1C92BA5-A615-4C3C-825B-18C1BAC315AF.jpeg

Rista1313

Crazy weather in our hood again...!!! 🤪
It was sunny and got up to 81 degrees here today, and was still 78 shortly after 4p.
But, check out our low for tomorrow that I circled in red below (it’s not predicted to get outta’ the 40’s all day, and our low Wednesday mornin’ is predicted to be 34)...!!!!! :hilarious:

View attachment 431922

It was 48 today and it'll be 29 tomorrow... maybe some snow... blah!

donaldtoo

It was 48 today and it'll be 29 tomorrow... maybe some snow... blah!

Yuck.
Stay safe.
That’s why we live down here.
The ground’s still so warm, it’d probably hafta’ get well into the teens before any flakage would appreciably stick.
It’s kinda’ a fun novelty when it does occasionally snow here, but, the novelty is all we care to experience...!!! ;):)

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Sorry to hear that your sister is feeling a bit down. That's hard for me to process, as I'm ecstatic with the winter. It's a joyful time. Wish I could convince her of that. Has she put up her Christmas tree yet? I'll be that will perk up her mood. :)

Oh, my Christmas tree is up, and I put on the decorations very early this morning. That way, when it's all dark outside (and no light coming in the windows), I can also turn off the lights in the livingroom. Then all I keep on are just for the tree lights. That way, I can see if I've balanced the decorative bulbs and tree lights correctly around the tree. It doesn't come out right if I decorate in daylight -- you can't have any daylight coming through the branches, because it throws off the effect. But I figure you already knew that anyway.

Having the Christmas tree being the only light in the room is a happy place for me too.

I have a lot of friends with winter depression and it seems to always hit in January. So the tree thing wouldn't really help. It's like.... warm family fun all holiday season, but starting in the new year you have 3-4 months of gray dullness that's cold and windy and miserable. So I get it. Once you hit February you just start thinking winter will never go away.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Having the Christmas tree being the only light in the room is a happy place for me too.

I have a lot of friends with winter depression and it seems to always hit in January. So the tree thing wouldn't really help. It's like.... warm family fun all holiday season, but starting in the new year you have 3-4 months of gray dullness that's cold and windy and miserable. So I get it. Once you hit February you just start thinking winter will never go away.

Glad that I'm happy in winter.

But then again, when everyone else is happy in summer, I'm miserable with the heat!

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Glad that I'm happy in winter.

But then again, when everyone else is happy in summer, I'm miserable with the heat!

I'm happy in both!! Except the last month or so of winter. By then the flowers are blooming and dying because it's still snowing. So it gets you excited for spring but then takes it away.

So 11 months out of the year being happy is not bad!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom