The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Figgy1

Premium Member
Yesterday the morning temperature was 28 degrees and it never got above 42 all day. Long pants and light jacket day. This morning the morning temperature is 67 degrees and is supposed to get to the mid to upper 70's. Shorts and T-shirt day. Man, my life is rough, I never know what to wear from day to day. Oh, the torture! 🥶🥵
I have no problem figuring out what to wear. undies, thermals, fleece, more fleece and yet more fleece, boots,wool coat, 2 pairs of gloves, ear muffs and a fuzzy scarf. My wardrobe from October until May is BORING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Goofyernmost

I have no problem figuring out what to wear. undies, thermals, fleece, more fleece and yet more fleece, boots,wool coat, 2 pairs of gloves, ear muffs and a fuzzy scarf. My wardrobe from October until May is BORING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes, but simpler and not fraught with decision making. The easy, if not frozen, life. You don't even have to look at a thermometer all season. See how much less complicated your life is for most of the year.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I have not gift wrap yet either. I am not completely done with my parents for gifts either.

You, @93boomer , and me are all normal people. We don't buy gifts months in advance. :p (That's just a Figgy obsession, isn't that right @Mr Ferret 88 ? :D

Only one year, did I buy gifts well ahead of time -- and then could not remember where I hid the gifts, 6 months prior. :rolleyes: Never again.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Ok friends, I need a little advice about how pesty I should be....

Here's the situation: At the start of November one of hubby's friends sent me a message on FB, apparently she had been talking to hubs and found out that he wanted this Lego Yoda thing. I had been thinking about getting it for him for Christmas. Anyway, in her message she said her sister-in-law worked for Lego and that she could get it for me at 50% so did I want her to get it for me? Yes, fantastic!!! She said when she saw her relatives at Thanksgiving.

So on Thanksgiving I sent a greeting and asked if she thought she would still be able to get the Yoda thing. She said she was already able to get it and would send it out (she lives in Illinois) when we got home. I hadn't heard from her since so I sent a message this past Saturday asking if she had sent it yet because I will also need to pay her once I know how much the total with shipping is. And she said she forgot about it and would send it Monday. Now it is Tuesday and I haven't heard anything again. So my question is when should I send another message? I don't want to be too pesty but it seems to me like she has had ample time to send it out and I would like to have it before Christmas and not pay for an express delivery. I am regretting taking her up on her offer and should have just bought it from Target like I planned. Thanks for any help.

Goofyernmost

Ok friends, I need a little advice about how pesty I should be....

Here's the situation: At the start of November one of hubby's friends sent me a message on FB, apparently she had been talking to hubs and found out that he wanted this Lego Yoda thing. I had been thinking about getting it for him for Christmas. Anyway, in her message she said her sister-in-law worked for Lego and that she could get it for me at 50% so did I want her to get it for me? Yes, fantastic!!! She said when she saw her relatives at Thanksgiving.

So on Thanksgiving I sent a greeting and asked if she thought she would still be able to get the Yoda thing. She said she was already able to get it and would send it out (she lives in Illinois) when we got home. I hadn't heard from her since so I sent a message this past Saturday asking if she had sent it yet because I will also need to pay her once I know how much the total with shipping is. And she said she forgot about it and would send it Monday. Now it is Tuesday and I haven't heard anything again. So my question is when should I send another message? I don't want to be too pesty but it seems to me like she has had ample time to send it out and I would like to have it before Christmas and not pay for an express delivery. I am regretting taking her up on her offer and should have just bought it from Target like I planned. Thanks for any help.
Give it a couple of days, one isn't enough. If you haven't received it by the end of the week then get it from target and if it shows up after that just keep your receipt and return the Target one. Or to be safe, you can get the Target one now and return it when the other one comes in.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom