The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Figgy1

Premium Member
Ok friends, I need a little advice about how pesty I should be....

Here's the situation: At the start of November one of hubby's friends sent me a message on FB, apparently she had been talking to hubs and found out that he wanted this Lego Yoda thing. I had been thinking about getting it for him for Christmas. Anyway, in her message she said her sister-in-law worked for Lego and that she could get it for me at 50% so did I want her to get it for me? Yes, fantastic!!! She said when she saw her relatives at Thanksgiving.

So on Thanksgiving I sent a greeting and asked if she thought she would still be able to get the Yoda thing. She said she was already able to get it and would send it out (she lives in Illinois) when we got home. I hadn't heard from her since so I sent a message this past Saturday asking if she had sent it yet because I will also need to pay her once I know how much the total with shipping is. And she said she forgot about it and would send it Monday. Now it is Tuesday and I haven't heard anything again. So my question is when should I send another message? I don't want to be too pesty but it seems to me like she has had ample time to send it out and I would like to have it before Christmas and not pay for an express delivery. I am regretting taking her up on her offer and should have just bought it from Target like I planned. Thanks for any help.
Give it a couple of days, one isn't enough. If you haven't received it by the end of the week then get it from target and if it shows up after that just keep your receipt and return the Target one. Or to be safe, you can get the Target one now and return it when the other one comes in.
^^^^ What he said. If you wind up having to return it just look at it as an excuse for another Target run:D

Rista1313

Ok friends, I need a little advice about how pesty I should be....

Here's the situation: At the start of November one of hubby's friends sent me a message on FB, apparently she had been talking to hubs and found out that he wanted this Lego Yoda thing. I had been thinking about getting it for him for Christmas. Anyway, in her message she said her sister-in-law worked for Lego and that she could get it for me at 50% so did I want her to get it for me? Yes, fantastic!!! She said when she saw her relatives at Thanksgiving.

So on Thanksgiving I sent a greeting and asked if she thought she would still be able to get the Yoda thing. She said she was already able to get it and would send it out (she lives in Illinois) when we got home. I hadn't heard from her since so I sent a message this past Saturday asking if she had sent it yet because I will also need to pay her once I know how much the total with shipping is. And she said she forgot about it and would send it Monday. Now it is Tuesday and I haven't heard anything again. So my question is when should I send another message? I don't want to be too pesty but it seems to me like she has had ample time to send it out and I would like to have it before Christmas and not pay for an express delivery. I am regretting taking her up on her offer and should have just bought it from Target like I planned. Thanks for any help.

I would wait until at least Thursday and then ask her how much you owe her and if she has a tracking number...... if you get an undesireable response, I hope you can still find it!

MinnieM123

Premium Member
^^^^ What he said. If you wind up having to return it just look at it as an excuse for another Target run:D

@ajrwdwgirl , I 100% agree here with Figgy and Goofyernmost. You have nothing to lose by buying the item as a security backup, in case the other one is late, or a no-show. My hunch is that she'll still get it to you on time, but I completely understand your angst over this as well.

FutureCEO

I'm using Duolingo to improve my Spanish vocabulary and also learn some French. Some of the phrases it gives are really strange. I don't think cats eat croissants last I checked...

Duolingo is nice. I find it to be a little lacking. It does not tell you why the sentence structure is the way is it. I did the whole German course and wanted more so I'm doing it again.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I would wait until at least Thursday and then ask her how much you owe her and if she has a tracking number...... if you get an undesireable response, I hope you can still find it!

Thanks for the advice. The idea just to buy one is a good one as is the advice to wait until Thursday to contact. 🙂

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom