The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Rista1313

So I woke up to find an email from paypal saying we were charged $953 from Facebook. :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: Said it was an automatic payment????? Um what???? I didn't set up any auto pay. Our paypal is through our personal account. So I went to paypal and lo and behold there was in the auto pay section Facebook in there with an auto pay. I didn't do that. I clicked the turn off auto pay for it and then changed my paypal password. I called my bank and then told them I didn't authorize that charge. Luckily the charge hadn't come in from Paypal. I then clicked into paypal's dispute form and filled it out. They also had a direct link for the seller. It brought me to facebook and a form to fill out. I filled it out and said that the charges that we were charged were unauthorized. Then I get within 2 seconds an auto reply stating why the account was billed. It then had 5 faces from happy to sad and asked how I felt about the response. I clicked angry of course and then saw another thing to click that said to reopen the case. I then wrote what the problem was again and sent the reply. I am guessing this one goes to an actual person. Then I saw as I was searching through payments that our personal paypal was indeed listed as a payment method. It had been there since 2014. So, when the debit card was canceled and the payments weren't going through, fb went to the next payment method to charge the account. Hoping this gets resolved because this is just unreal. Then I looked at the history. The previous 90 days we had ads (boosted posts) totalling $16. Anyone see the problem here? Canceling the fb account for the business after this is done.
Good grief! It sounds like Facebook has really started an ugly chain of events!

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I just finished filing a complaint with the DOJ.

Good for you. When trying to get things resolved, it's really important to supply data. You may end up waiting a while for a resolution, but hang in there. Pretty much with any large entity (government agency or other), it's the volume of documented complaints that catches their attention. That being said, I'm sure that Facebook has been on their radar for this and other things for quite some time.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
We got one box of this brand to try when we were there in August, and we bought several boxes of the Kraft thick and creamy. We didn't care for the Annie's. It was ok, but not nearly as good as the Thick and Creamy from craft...though we haven't had the regular craft kind in ages....that probably makes a difference. (by we, I mean E and I. DH thinks that mac 'n' cheese or anything with "American" cheese tastes like plastic, and A won't eat mac 'n' cheese.)

I love Annie's, but mac n' cheese is a personal taste preference -- some people prefer it creamier. Annie's is a bit more "dry" so to speak, but i LOVE the white cheddar! :hungry:

Songbird76

Teachers shouldn't be preaching their political views in class. That is wrong. They can therefore not be unbiased to a student who may not agree with them. I am amazed your dd was able to take an AP class freshman year. I always thought you needed to be a senior to take one. That was the way it was when I was in school. Of course things may have changed in the last 30 years.🙄
Well, I'm still 60 pages behind, so there's a good chance this was already answered, but I think it probably depends on the school/district. In my school, we didn't have AP classes per se. With such a small school, we didn't have the teachers for that...there were only 32 kids in my graduating class. What we DID have was an advanced math program, in which you took each class a year ahead of everyone else. So while my classmates were taking basic math, I was taking Algebra with my brother's classmates, and while my classmates took Algebra I, I took Geometry with my brother's classmates. Foreign Languages from 3rd year on were also considered AP, so I had Advanced German my senior year. And then for science, when we got to be seniors, we could choose between Physics and Natural science I think it was? I had Physics, but I don't remember what the other one was called. Physics was given AP status, though anyone could take it....just that most kids didn't choose that. But the math was every year, and if I had taken German as a freshman, I would have already had 3rd year German as a junior, but I took Spanish as a Freshman because that was the first year German was offered and I didn't know the teacher. I should have taken German, because the Spanish teacher was a jerk and the German teacher that year rocked. But it depends on where you go to school and what's offered. I was in "AP" math starting in 8th grade. I wish there had been an AP English offered!!

MySmallWorldof4

Good for you. When trying to get things resolved, it's really important to supply data. You may end up waiting a while for a resolution, but hang in there. Pretty much with any large entity (government agency or other), it's the volume of documented complaints that catches their attention. That being said, I'm sure that Facebook has been on their radar for this and other things for quite some time.
On the form it asks if their were other transactions and if so you click add other transactions. I actually ran out of the ability to add other transactions after the 7th one. 🙄 Hoping it gets their attention sooner than later.

Songbird76

Then take yourself out! I am guessing you won't be the only one going solo.
I went solo. DH offered to go with me, but he hadn't watched the series and I knew it wasn't his thing, so I let him off the hook. I WAS the only one solo. Most women came in a group, though there were about 5 men who were dragged along with their wives. But I didn't care about being alone. It just came out here a couple of weeks ago...should still be in theaters here if it's not there. Come on over, @21stamps and we can go together. As long as we go here and not in Germany, they don't dub it.

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
They cut 21 hours from your work week?! :jawdrop: Most people could not live off a paycheck of 15 hours -- I hope you can talk to your manager asap, and get this straightened out. Good luck to you.
When I worked at Chuck E Cheese's I would be listed for 3 days a week,all of which were 5 hours. The first day I'd work full, then they'd cut me about an hour into my shift,the third day they'd just simply tell me I dont have to show up. It resulted in a $48 paycheck. And believe me,I'm having a talk with my manager today. If this turns out to be permanent then I'm leaving for a new job

Last edited:

MySmallWorldof4

When I worked at Chuck E Cheese's I would be listed for 3 days a week,all of which were 5 hours. The first day I'd work full, then they'd cut me about an hour into my shift,the third day they'd just simply tell me I dont have to show up. It resulted in a $48 paycheck. And believe me,I'm having a talk with my manager today. If this turns out to be permanent then I'm leaving for a new job
Good luck.

StarWarsGirl

Well now, that's just mean! :hilarious: Funny...but mean!
Funnily enough, my last year of choir, the director tried to do a song where the Altos had the melody. It was all girls. They were so used to singing harmony that when they got the melody, they didn't quite know what to do about it. We ended up nixing that song, partially because of that, and partially because it was Dear Future Husband by Meghan Trainor and there was one particular lyric that made them all start giggling. They were all freshman minus me and like one other girls. They weren't quite ready for that one.

EagleScout610

Premium Member
Funnily enough, my last year of choir, the director tried to do a song where the Altos had the melody. It was all girls. They were so used to singing harmony that when they got the melody, they didn't quite know what to do about it. We ended up nixing that song, partially because of that, and partially because it was Dear Future Husband by Meghan Trainor and there was one particular lyric that made them all start giggling. They were all freshman minus me and like one other girls. They weren't quite ready for that one.
Ah school chior. Remember it fondly. The solosist got punched in the face by the backup singer. I would just lip sing. Might explain why I cant sing

StarWarsGirl

Ah school chior. Remember it fondly. The solosist got punched in the face by the backup singer. I would just lip sing. Might explain why I cant sing
This was college for me. It was an interesting semester. I was the only senior in a group of mostly freshman. College freshmen don't differ that much from high school freshmen in some ways.

High school choir...ugh, hated it. I got stuck in the tenor section because they needed help. Turns out high school guys can be total jerks, especially when a girl is stuck in to help them.

EagleScout610

Premium Member
This was college for me. It was an interesting semester. I was the only senior in a group of mostly freshman. College freshmen don't differ that much from high school freshmen in some ways.

High school choir...ugh, hated it. I got stuck in the tenor section because they needed help. Turns out high school guys can be total jerks, especially when a girl is stuck in to help them.
I can one up the hate level: This was 5th grade choir

Cesar R M

male ego fragility lol

wdwfan4ver

I was in choir... I'm not even sure why they didn't kick me out... I was a horrible singer!

Although, I did get, "Most improved" my first year LOL
You would have no problem being a bad singer at the church I went to. The church went to had more than church choir to sing.

The church had everyone from the congregation sing from the hymnbook including those that are terrible singers including myself.

Last edited:

DryerLintFan

Premium Member

I hope this turned out favorably!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom