The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
We went to the Farmer's Market yesterday and then just relaxed around the house. Hubs actually had a wedding and so I spent the afternoon reading. Does anyone else subscribe to the Celebrations magazine (a print magazine about WDW)? I really like the magazine, and that's what I spent the day reading. I think they might have rushed this issue though as I found at least 6 typos in it, it is very rare that they have typos so that was a little surprising.

Today I plan to start reading the new Marc Davis book by Pete Docter and Chris Merrit. It's two volumes but it looks fantastic. I saw the authors speak about it at the 2017 D23 Expo and have been looking forward to it ever since. They did a panel on it this Expo too but we were busy with other stuff this time.

StarWarsGirl

Duhhh . . . I did something kinda dumb. I bought a can of white spray paint (to do some touchups in a few places, like doorframes, etc.). Don't know much about paint, so I thought I bought the wash-off kind. Apparently not . . . :cautious:

Well, there I was this morning with white paint all over my fingers (you see, if the white paint accidentally got sprayed on a different colored wall, I just wiped it off quickly from the wall with my fingers). Worked fine. Proud of self. :p

BUT, when I was done, I went to wash my hands in the sink and the paint would not come off! :jawdrop: Oh, what to do?! Went to Google and asked how to remove it. Voila! Poured some olive oil on my hands and rubbed it in, and within a minute or less, the paint was coming off!! :D Really -- no need for turpentine or whatever it is -- just get some olive oil!!! :hilarious:
Good to know about the olive oil.

Nail polish remover will also take paint right off of your hands.

StarWarsGirl

I miss the neon colors, rolled up jeans with oversized tops/sweaters. The socks that you scrunched down, and the Reebok hi-tops. I wasn’t a fan of shoulder pads and would cut them out if any of my shirts had them. Ripped jeans from the 80’s are now back in fashion.
True, because 30 years later we start getting nostalgic for the decade we lost. I mean, it's been 30 years since the 80s, so now we're nostalgic and the trends start coming back. And in the next decade we'll start getting nostalgic for the 90s and some trends will come back. Personally, I am not a fan of the 80s trends. 90s were better IMO.

Fyi, I hate the ripped jeans look. Reminds me of when I did that accidentally by falling as a kid.

I've never been graceful.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom