The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Goofyernmost

I am sorry to say I don't know anything about Old Town one way or the other. We arose early and came back to the hotel very late. That hotel was just a comfy bed to sleep in. I just followed the GPS as I drove in the dark.
Then it isn't the one I was thinking about. If it were, believe me, there would be no way that you wouldn't have seen it. It is an amusement park with one of those huge "sling Shot" rides and blindingly bright lights everywhere you look. From looking at the website though, it appears to be right behind Old Town on the map. Just a back street off 192. However, it has been years since I went by there, so the old one that I have in mind might be a victim of redundancy and is no longer. Looks like a nice place in the picture.

Figgy1

Premium Member
I have a bread experiment in the oven. I found a recipe for gluten free vegan bread. It is made from oat flour, millet flour, tapioca flour, and arrowroot. I haven’t really made bread since I turned mostly gluten free. I am hoping to use some of the sugar free jam we got at the farmer’s market last week.
If it works out please pm me the recipe thnx

Goofyernmost

That is cool that you were a travel agent for awhile... I got laid off after 9/11, so I know that pain.

$2000 is not even feasible when 8 day hopper passes on a discounted website are now $1,020! I feel like you would have to be super frugal to add $1000 more these days after car, hotel, food... I think you could do it being super frugal though. In my "eating out" budget I had added $1500 for the week for 2 of us. That was eating on Disney property. That's not even including airfare for 2 people.

Everyone is different in how they travel. I could totally do some things on the cheap, and do.. we get a delivery from the store and buy breakfast items so we don't have to eat breakfast at the food court or in the parks. But you are right... I like being immersed in the bubble, and disney makes it easy to travel to the parks with a scooter... so I choose to save a bit longer to afford staying on disney property. Will I ever be able to afford to stay at the poly? Not unless I save for a few years.
I agree, I couldn't do that today with more then one person. I go by myself now usually so I actually spend less the $2K for the entire thing, but, I never go more then 4 days to WDW (usually three with the hopper). The rest of the time I explore Florida central, north, south, east and west. If the mood hits me I will go up to Silver Springs and ride the glass bottom boats (they have been there practically since the beginning of time. I guess the spring itself probably has been there that long). In the past I have gone to Cypress Gardens (Legoland now), gone over to the west coast and gone across the Sunshine Bridge, payed a visit to Bok Tower, ventured south with stops in the processing plant for Florida Natural Orange Juice (orange blossom flagrance permeates that air around the plant). Kept my place in Kissimmee and impulsively drove clear down through the Florida Keys to Key West. (I don't recommend doing that without having made a previous reservation. The cost for a walk in was almost as much as a week in Kissimmee.) Loved the drive through the keys though. It took so long to get through them because I kept stopping to gaze at the bluish green waters of the Atlantic and by turning around saw the same thing of the Gulf of Mexico.

I stopped so much that by the time I got back near Miami it was midnight so I drove Rte 41 that passes through the Everglades across the state to Naples. Did not see a car in front of me, in back of me nor did I even meet another vehicle. Just turned tape player up and shot across keeping my fingers crossed that the car wouldn't break down. Other times I went to Cocoa Beach to see if I could find a genie in a bottle. (you might have to be be old enough to understand that reference) and to the Kennedy Space Center and even drove on Daytona Beach a number of times.

I realize that I was lucky enough to have the time to do all that over the years, but I know I wouldn't have been able to see any of what I saw if I had sequestered myself on Disney Property. My insides just won't let me. The one time I stayed onsite was the first time I couldn't wait to leave and get back home. That's how bad the anxiety built up inside me. I try to obey the law constantly because I would not survive prison.

Last edited:

MySmallWorldof4

I agree, I couldn't do that today with more then one person. I go by myself now usually so I actually spend less the $2K for the entire thing, but, I never go more then 4 days to WDW (usually three with the hopper). The rest of the time I explore Florida central, north, east and west. If the mood hits me I will go up to Silver Springs and ride the glass bottom boats (they have been there practically since the beginning of time. I guess the spring itself probably has been there that long). In the past I have gone to Cypress Gardens (Legoland now), gone over to the west coast and gone across the Sunshine Bridge, payed a visit to Bok Tower, ventured south with stops in the processing plant for Florida Natural Orange Juice (orange blossom flagrance permeates that air around the plant). Kept my place in Kissimmee and impulsively drove clear down through the Florida Keys to Key West. (I don't recommend doing that without having made a previous reservation. The cost for a walk in was almost as much as a week in Kissimmee.) Loved the drive through the keys though. It took so long to get through them because I kept stopping to gaze at the bluish green waters of the Atlantic and by turning around saw the same thing of the Gulf of Mexico.

I stopped so much that by the time I got back near Miami it was midnight so I drove Rte 41 that passes through the Everglades across the state to Naples. Did not see a car in front of me, in back of me nor did I even meet another vehicle. Just turned tape player up and shot across keeping my fingers crossed that the car wouldn't break down. Other times I went to Cocoa Beach to see if I could find a genie in a bottle. (you might have to be be old enough to understand that reference) and to the Kennedy Space Center and even drove on Daytona Beach a number of times.

I realize that I was lucky enough to have the time to do all that over the years, but I know I wouldn't have been able to see any of what I saw if I had sequestered myself on Disney Property. My insides just won't let me. The one time I stayed onsite was the first time I couldn't wait to leave and get back home. That's how bad the anxiety built up inside me. I try to obey the law constantly because I would not survive prison.
Those sound like fantastic trips. We always forget there is more to Florida than just parks.

Rista1313

I agree, I couldn't do that today with more then one person. I go by myself now usually so I actually spend less the $2K for the entire thing, but, I never go more then 4 days to WDW (usually three with the hopper). The rest of the time I explore Florida central, north, east and west. If the mood hits me I will go up to Silver Springs and ride the glass bottom boats (they have been there practically since the beginning of time. I guess the spring itself probably has been there that long). In the past I have gone to Cypress Gardens (Legoland now), gone over to the west coast and gone across the Sunshine Bridge, payed a visit to Bok Tower, ventured south with stops in the processing plant for Florida Natural Orange Juice (orange blossom flagrance permeates that air around the plant). Kept my place in Kissimmee and impulsively drove clear down through the Florida Keys to Key West. (I don't recommend doing that without having made a previous reservation. The cost for a walk in was almost as much as a week in Kissimmee.) Loved the drive through the keys though. It took so long to get through them because I kept stopping to gaze at the bluish green waters of the Atlantic and by turning around saw the same thing of the Gulf of Mexico.

When we do FL, we do a totally separate trip from Disney. Which is why going outside of the Disney bubble isn't that big of a deal for us.

21stamps

I was discussing this situation with friends last night.. I would take a pay cut to go to a different team and play a sport that I love.

My friend said that he would sit on the bench in warmups, basically retire while still in uniform, and collect the salary (I think Bale makes @ 500,000 euros per month)- out of principle for the disrespect he was shown.

Not that I’ll ever have to face this decision 🤣🤣... but I don’t know if I could sit on the sidelines.

MySmallWorldof4

I was discussing this situation with friends last night.. I would take a pay cut to go to a different team and play a sport that I love.

My friend said that he would sit on the bench in warmups, basically retire while still in uniform, and collect the salary (I think Bale makes @ 500,000 euros per month)- out of principle for the disrespect he was shown.

Not that I’ll ever have to face this decision 🤣🤣... but I don’t know if I could sit on the sidelines.
He makes that much for playing a game? Yes, I have issues with how much people in sports make. Sounds like an idiot to me. So arrogant.

21stamps

He makes that much for playing a game? Yes, I have issues with how much people in sports make. Sounds like an idiot to me. So arrogant.

China reportedly offered 1million PER WEEK!🤦‍♀️

He’s one of the highest paid players. The most expensive player that Real Madrid has ever had.. Their coach said really nasty things about him in a press conference, and told the world he was leaving. Apparently Bale had no idea that he was being shopped around. He’s under contract with Real Madrid until 2022.

It was unprofessional of the coach. I would be furious if I was the player, but he’s not going to play unless he leaves. He’s one of the best players in soccer, never had scandal or doesn’t show up for his team. Really sad to see this happening.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom