The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
66390743_915947525410811_2772194191755706368_n.jpg

Cory A Little
July 11 at 9:43 PM
Why take a baby to Disney, she won’t remember anything? That is not true at all, sure, she won’t remember anything when she is an adult, or a teenager, or probably even by the time she is 3 for that matter. Tonight though, tonight as we play in our hotel room she will remember seeing all the happy people and the way she felt. Saturday when we are driving home she will remember the way she fell asleep in Magic Kingdom and woke up on that little drop on Pirates of the Caribbean in a whole different world. Next week she will remember meeting Minnie and Mickey as she lays down and today’s experiences fill her dreams. Sure she won’t remember this in a few short years, but she remembers it now. When the day comes that these memories have faded, we will make new ones. Memories like today aren’t supposed to last forever, they are supposed to last until we can make more. If anyone knows me well they know I am a huge Disney fan, but today, watching My daughter’s eyes fill with wonder and as her infectious laugh could be heard all throughout the park, today I learned the real magic of this place.
To all my friends that are parents to young children, don’t wait until they will “remember” the trip you are planning, take them, let them experience the wonder, let them experience life.
Charlotte, when these memories fade, we will make new ones together! Daddy Loves you!

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Stay safe my friend

Appreciated.

As I look out for my kid, remember as you go to the pools to endure the heat waves the
lifeguards on their stands. In 100 plus temps and higher 'feel likes' they are sweltering.

And The managers like my DD at her 2nd job runs from one whistle to the other. Appreciate the staff in this weather. Watch you children. Lifeguards are there for emergencies not Baby Sitters. Watch your children. It is dangerous weather, get in the water with you kids. Try and be kind to those working without cooling off in the water. Say thank you.

They are young but are there to protect you and your families. They train from CPR to Spinal Backboard extractions. The pass the same test outs medical and school employees do. They are your families first respondents in an emergency Please don't take them for granted. Both of my kids can do CPR with the best of them, they are both certified trainers of instructors and trainers of lifeguards and Both can preform lung clearing and life support. Both have brought back life. They can maintain vitals until the paramedics arrive. Please watch your loved ones in the waters, a wish from all the lifeguards. 💞

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
66390743_915947525410811_2772194191755706368_n.jpg

Cory A Little
July 11 at 9:43 PM
Why take a baby to Disney, she won’t remember anything? That is not true at all, sure, she won’t remember anything when she is an adult, or a teenager, or probably even by the time she is 3 for that matter. Tonight though, tonight as we play in our hotel room she will remember seeing all the happy people and the way she felt. Saturday when we are driving home she will remember the way she fell asleep in Magic Kingdom and woke up on that little drop on Pirates of the Caribbean in a whole different world. Next week she will remember meeting Minnie and Mickey as she lays down and today’s experiences fill her dreams. Sure she won’t remember this in a few short years, but she remembers it now. When the day comes that these memories have faded, we will make new ones. Memories like today aren’t supposed to last forever, they are supposed to last until we can make more. If anyone knows me well they know I am a huge Disney fan, but today, watching My daughter’s eyes fill with wonder and as her infectious laugh could be heard all throughout the park, today I learned the real magic of this place.
To all my friends that are parents to young children, don’t wait until they will “remember” the trip you are planning, take them, let them experience the wonder, let them experience life.
Charlotte, when these memories fade, we will make new ones together! Daddy Loves you!

We brought A to Disney when she was 2.75 years old. She still talks about things we saw and did on that trip, even remembers what shoes she wore to the pool. I've talked to coworkers who went when they were 14 or 17 or 22 and they remember almost nothing about their trips.

So I agree. Let them bask in the magic as small children. What they remember and don't remember as adults is completely up to chance, anyway.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
@dryerlintfan , how is A enjoying the new house?

A loves it. We're all so much happier in the new house. We live a block or so away from a really cool park with a splash pad, within walking distance of the downtown area which has a cute small town vibe, within walking distance of her future school. When we get home instead of just hanging around the house, we go for walks to get ice cream, or go to the splash pad, or walk to the library, or ballet, or whatever. It's actually kinda magical.

She loves the house itself, even though we're still not fully moved in and settled. In the winter I would have been unpacked and organized within a couple weeks, but it's summer and we're busy doing all the things I mentioned above, plus going to the lake and the pool and the zoo. She has the entire attic to herself as her space. Which she loves now but she's going to REALLY love it when she's a teenager. I'm building her a treehouse in the back yard, too.

It's the perfect house for us. I'm so glad I took the leap of faith and moved us. I know it probably was a bit crazy of an idea, but it's made such a huge difference in our lives already. And we've only been in it two and a half months.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
A loves it. We're all so much happier in the new house. We live a block or so away from a really cool park with a splash pad, within walking distance of the downtown area which has a cute small town vibe, within walking distance of her future school. When we get home instead of just hanging around the house, we go for walks to get ice cream, or go to the splash pad, or walk to the library, or ballet, or whatever. It's actually kinda magical.

She loves the house itself, even though we're still not fully moved in and settled. In the winter I would have been unpacked and organized within a couple weeks, but it's summer and we're busy doing all the things I mentioned above, plus going to the lake and the pool and the zoo. She has the entire attic to herself as her space. Which she loves now but she's going to REALLY love it when she's a teenager. I'm building her a treehouse in the back yard, too.

It's the perfect house for us. I'm so glad I took the leap of faith and moved us. I know it probably was a bit crazy of an idea, but it's made such a huge difference in our lives already. And we've only been in it two and a half months.

So happy to hear that things have worked out so well for you and A. It's been a long road, and you both deserve the best. Enjoy. :inlove:

93boomer

Premium Member
I really like the last two longs sleeves. I have been thinking of getting the Disneyland version. The orange is really a nice orange, I'm not usually an orange kind of gal. (Except for the Orange Bird and the orange in my citrus swirl! 😉)
Ooo I didn’t see the orange. I saw the pink and like the turquoise color on the sleeves. Or I may have just gotten the orange!🤣 I didn’t have many long sleeved Disney shirts so thought I had better order some before Nov trip. DH has a few but got him some new ones. 😉

21stamps

I know the answer is probably "busy with sports and life" but where's @21stamps ? I miss her!

Ha! Thanks! I miss you too!

We’re on a sports break, kind of. T has had a few baseball practices preparing for tryouts..they’re letting him and a few other boys do a make up tryout. That’s it though! No formal games or other formal trainings.
He leaves on vacation later on today.. I’m leaving work soon to spend some time before he goes.

What’s new in your world and A’s world?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom