The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

93boomer

Premium Member
Yes. They have them at some restaurants. They are tasty and my dh likes them as well. I will still take a bean burger over them because I know what is in it. The Beyond Burger I consider more of a treat, something I would eat only a few times a year. The reason is because it is a processed and not a whole food from what I understand.
Thanks! I picked some up this afternoon so I will try them this week. 😉

MySmallWorldof4

That's great! I wish my cheerleading had counted towards my PE!! When I was in Junior High, I played basketball and did cheerleading, but neither counted for PE credits. Then in High School, I was a cheerleader for football and basketball my freshman year, but didn't go out for it again because of how catty it became. I might have stuck it out if I could have gotten out of PE. There should really be an alternative PE course for clutzes. You do not want to put a badminton racquet in my hand. It's just not a good idea. Also, any kind of projectile, like a volleyball. I am convinced the only reason I did no bodily injury to anyone else in junior high basketball is because I was bench warmer. (I did manage to severely sprain my ankle during practice, and I remember taking an elbow to the mouth once during a game in the 2 minutes that I played, and the girl apologized profusely.)
I think if it was sideline cheer, like where they are just cheering a football game that wouldn't count.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Just by coincidence, that is what I am planning this summer. They have great rates at Endless Summer Resort which is about to open in a couple of weeks. (I'm not going until September) This is the first trip that I am both looking forward to and at the same time dreading. Although I am working to get my mobility up to shape, I'm thinking that I may need use a scooter in both Uni and WDW. A prospect that depresses me to the core. In 35 years of heading to Florida not once have I dreaded the possibilities. If I had known I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself. (I love that phrase) (However, I still wouldn't have eaten kale)
Take care of yourself and get a scooter because you deserve a good vacation after all you've been through! @Gabe1 and @bee may know who to suggest

Figgy1

Premium Member
@dryerlintfan and @figmentfan423 If either of you ever decides to come to Oahu, there's a military hotel next to the Hilton on Waikiki called the Hale Koa. It looks super nice. They're also building a pool complex there that looks like a mini water park. Definitely worth checking out if you ever decide to vacation over here.
We got that email just after returning from Shades of Green, thnx for thinking of us.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Yes. They have them at some restaurants. They are tasty and my dh likes them as well. I will still take a bean burger over them because I know what is in it. The Beyond Burger I consider more of a treat, something I would eat only a few times a year. The reason is because it is a processed and not a whole food from what I understand.
That being said they're wayyyyyy healthier than Impossible.

Songbird76

Whew....finally bedtime. I've been reading TRs while helping DD finish her report for History. She had to write about a historical figure who died prior to 1950 and chose to write about one of our ancestors, who was a stone mason, a minister, a civil war Union officer, and later a secretary of state. Kind of obscure, but a very interesting subject, and since I have done all the family genealogy, and my cousin wrote a book, there was enough information there. She got it sent in about 30 minutes before the deadline. Goodnight!!

Figgy1

Premium Member
Whew....finally bedtime. I've been reading TRs while helping DD finish her report for History. She had to write about a historical figure who died prior to 1950 and chose to write about one of our ancestors, who was a stone mason, a minister, a civil war Union officer, and later a secretary of state. Kind of obscure, but a very interesting subject, and since I have done all the family genealogy, and my cousin wrote a book, there was enough information there. She got it sent in about 30 minutes before the deadline. Goodnight!!
Good night and he sounds like he was a very interesting person

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom