The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Goofyernmost

If I was you I'd use UNI as my base of operations, there's a lot to see and do in central FL.
Just by coincidence, that is what I am planning this summer. They have great rates at Endless Summer Resort which is about to open in a couple of weeks. (I'm not going until September) This is the first trip that I am both looking forward to and at the same time dreading. Although I am working to get my mobility up to shape, I'm thinking that I may need use a scooter in both Uni and WDW. A prospect that depresses me to the core. In 35 years of heading to Florida not once have I dreaded the possibilities. If I had known I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself. (I love that phrase) (However, I still wouldn't have eaten kale)

MySmallWorldof4

Just by coincidence, that is what I am planning this summer. They have great rates at Endless Summer Resort which is about to open in a couple of weeks. (I'm not going until September) This is the first trip that I am both looking forward to and at the same time dreading. Although I am working to get my mobility up to shape, I'm thinking that I may need use a scooter in both Uni and WDW. A prospect that depresses me to the core. In 35 years of heading to Florida not once have I dreaded the possibilities. If I had known I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself. (I love that phrase) (However, I still wouldn't have eaten kale)
If you need a scooter to not be in pain then get one because you sure as heck won’t enjoy yourself if your body hurts from all the walking that you know will happen.

donaldtoo

A question...
How does a simple opinion that a company's certain product isn’t worth what they’re asking for it anymore equal hate...?
Never mind if your points are well-made and valid, it still equals hate to certain people... 🤔
That kind of convoluted, Bravo Sierra thinking is just one of the many reasons the world is so messed up these days...IMHO...........

Last edited:

Songbird76

They start learning their next seasons routine during choreography camp. If her team will be level 2 then at least 2/3 of the kids need to have back handsprings. The ones who don't have it would have to run to the back or side of the mat during a tumbling run. She doesn't want to be one of those kids. So if she has a back handspring on the floor, she can now practice doing a round-off back handspring on the floor. She can do one on the tumble trak (long trampoline to practice tumbling skills.) If she can do that, then she can be part of the tumbling choreography.
That makes sense, then. It just seemed kind of random since they've already done the team assignments and she's moving up a level, so she obviously didn't need it for that. How long did it take her to get the back handspring?

MySmallWorldof4

That makes sense, then. It just seemed kind of random since they've already done the team assignments and she's moving up a level, so she obviously didn't need it for that. How long did it take her to get the back handspring?
She really started working toward it 2 years ago surprisingly. She just didn’t have the strength and body awareness. She was 6th one from her previous team of 9 to get it. She did say that the coaches said her back handspring on the tumble trak was so good that they let her do a backtuck on her own on the trampoline. So more skills are coming.

Songbird76

That is a hard call. 3 of 4 parks are building major builds that cost multi-millions. Epcot is doing a major rebuild with multiple rebuilds including both Future World and the World Showcase with new attractions and final show. The themepark world took Disney to task for not updating and bringing new attractions. Criticized its transportation. They are putting major dollars into it all and expanding and updating their resorts.

It is the ying and yang. Wanting more and more from Disney but the cost of it isn't a cheap endeavor. I guess the question is let the themepark stay in the 1990's or upgrade the parks. Some want nothing to change and others want 21st century upgrades.
I think it also kind of depends on the improvements made. Disney is certainly spending a LOT of money on the new lands....Toy Story land, Star Wars land, etc. But, personally, I don't care for either one of those, so it's not really worth it to me to spend much extra for tickets because they add on some stuff I likely won't use much. So I can see that for a larger family, it's always been a huge cost to go to Disney anyway, and now it will be more so, maybe even cost prohibitive. And for those who don't care about those new investments, it's a hard pill to swallow. I know it's an unpopular opinion, because a lot of people LOVE Toy Story and Star Wars, but neither is my thing, so I'd rather they took that money and invested it in other ways that benefit the park in general. People keep talking about how mousekeeping is understaffed, there need to be more benches and seating areas and trees in the parks, the monorails need to be replaced etc....I'd rather the money go to fix those things to make it the magical experience for everyone, rather than catering to specific fandoms. Now I'm paying more, but not getting anything extra out of it, if that makes sense, and I think that that's what people are upset about. Prices are going to go up, because of inflation, etc, and of course we want them to invest in the parks, but you can't please everyone with new lands, because there will always be people who aren't fans of one franchise or another. But if we're paying more, we want to get our money's worth out of the "improvements" and for me, I'm not going to get my money's worth out of Toy Story land or Star Wars land. I totally get why people are upset. Disney is capitalizing on the love for certain movies, but it means even non-fans are paying out the nose for it, even if they don't plan to make use of it.

Songbird76

She really started working toward it 2 years ago surprisingly. She just didn’t have the strength and body awareness. She was 6th one from her previous team of 9 to get it. She did say that the coaches said her back handspring on the tumble trak was so good that they let her do a backtuck on her own on the trampoline. So more skills are coming.
So does the cheerleading count as a PE credit for homeschooling? When I was teaching music, there was a boy who was homeschooled and came once a week for music class because his parents didn't have a musical background to teach him. And I remember a girl I went to elementary school with for a couple of years was pulled out and homeschooled and she spent HOURS at the rec center every day to get her PE credits, and she ended up becoming something like 4th in the nation in women's racketball.

MySmallWorldof4

So does the cheerleading count as a PE credit for homeschooling? When I was teaching music, there was a boy who was homeschooled and came once a week for music class because his parents didn't have a musical background to teach him. And I remember a girl I went to elementary school with for a couple of years was pulled out and homeschooled and she spent HOURS at the rec center every day to get her PE credits, and she ended up becoming something like 4th in the nation in women's racketball.
Yes it does. All of my kids used gymnastics classes to count toward PE. They also take piano for music credit. When my oldest was in Annie this past Spring that counted as a music and public speaking credit.

Cesar R M

A question...
How does a simple opinion that a companies certain product isn’t worth what they’re asking for it anymore equal hate...?
Never mind if your points are well-made and valid, it still equals hate to certain people... 🤔
That kind of convoluted, Bravo Sierra thinking is just one of the many reasons the world is so messed up these days...IMHO...........
Its a classic shill fanboy behavior IMHO. They think being a fan is "all or nothing" and "bend over to whatever the company says".
Kinda funny as we have seen the total opposite as well.. (like the infamous dude who ragged 24/7 at disney over ANYTHING in the forums).

Songbird76

Yes it does. All of my kids used gymnastics classes to count toward PE. They also take piano for music credit. When my oldest was in Annie this past Spring that counted as a music and public speaking credit.
That's great! I wish my cheerleading had counted towards my PE!! When I was in Junior High, I played basketball and did cheerleading, but neither counted for PE credits. Then in High School, I was a cheerleader for football and basketball my freshman year, but didn't go out for it again because of how catty it became. I might have stuck it out if I could have gotten out of PE. There should really be an alternative PE course for clutzes. You do not want to put a badminton racquet in my hand. It's just not a good idea. Also, any kind of projectile, like a volleyball. I am convinced the only reason I did no bodily injury to anyone else in junior high basketball is because I was bench warmer. (I did manage to severely sprain my ankle during practice, and I remember taking an elbow to the mouth once during a game in the 2 minutes that I played, and the girl apologized profusely.)

MySmallWorldof4

@MySmallWorldof4 have you tried the Beyond Burgers? My Dd told me about them. She loves them.
Yes. They have them at some restaurants. They are tasty and my dh likes them as well. I will still take a bean burger over them because I know what is in it. The Beyond Burger I consider more of a treat, something I would eat only a few times a year. The reason is because it is a processed and not a whole food from what I understand.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom