The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Songbird76

I've always thought of myself as Ravenclaw :)
Well, not having ever met you or known you in a school setting, I wouldn't know how you feel about education, learning. And you know you can be kind of a mix. I consider myself a Ravenpuff....I always thought I was a hufflepuff until I took the sorting hat quiz on Pottermore and it said Ravenclaw. Maybe you are a Gryffinclaw!

Songbird76

The good news BTS can be booked last minute, sometimes even the day before or the day of
He said they decided not to do it because they don't really have the extra money....they will be content to go on the ride. I'm considering giving it to them as a birthday and anniversary present, since my BIL will have a birthday while we're there, and their anniversary is a week later. We'll see.

Songbird76

I'm kind of ticked off. Last Wednesday, the scores for the 6th grade end exams were supposed to come online, and teachers could print them off and give them to the students, and then the official score letter would be sent a week later (today). Some friends of mine already got their kids' scores last week, and we were still waiting. So, they should have come today, but instead, we were told they will get them NEXT week. Apparently they didn't print them off because 20,000 kids' scores were messed up.

There's an unbiased company that scores the tests, and you get a point value based on how many answers you got correct. That point value falls in a range, which tells you which level of school you should be doing. Apparently, this company messed up the ranges, so some kids got a higher range listed than the one in which they scored. Like...87-92 is Havo, 93-100 is VWO. But some kids who scored say....90 points, it said that a score of 90 is VWO. It was discovered when teachers were shocked to see that some kids got much higher advice than what they expected, and then some kids would have the exact same score and for one kid it might say MAVO and for another it would say Havo. So they have known about this for a week and didn't tell us. So we've been waiting for DS's score, and then he hears TODAY that it's not coming until at least next week. They HOPE to have them sent out Tuesday or Wednesday, but Thursday and Friday the kids are free and it's a holiday so there won't be mail. So if they don't send the results on Tuesday, we won't get them until the following week! So we could have to wait another 2 weeks for the results. What I don't understand is that the teacher said the points assigned are correct...it just places them in the wrong categorie. So why not just look up what his point score is and tell us and we can look up the range? And why didn't they tell us about this last week?
We planned a nice dinner out to celebrate getting his score, and now we don't get the score, so we're celebrating getting the score that we didn't actually get. And he's in tears because he's already waited a month and it was supposed to come today. They could have at least let us know there was a problem and that the scores MIGHT be late so we could have prepared him for it.

StarWarsGirl

The things we will never forget.

My oldest did 2 years of his Undergrad just into Wisconsin. He was at Carthage in Kenosha, a Small Lutheran College (being the great Catholics that we are) It was amazing how that state line between Illinois and Wisconsin is a natural weather divide drawn in the dirt.
Same with the Maryland/PA line. Our weather can be completely different from my grandma's just 45 minutes north.

donaldtoo

Every time I see pictures of little Emy, I'm jealous! :happy: That kid has such a great day, every day!!!

(I always enjoy the meal pictures in particular -- "wearing" some of your dinner just adds to the overall enjoyment of the meal.) :joyfull:

Hahaaa!!!
Yep, she’s got it made, don’t she...???!!!!! :hilarious:;):)
The eating is so cute...they just kinda’ let her have at it so she’ll learn to feed herself sooner...it makes for a big mess right now though, but, she really seems to enjoy it...!!!!!!! :joyfull::hilarious::)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom