The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Songbird76

wdwfan4ver

I love how Uni can keep to their projected time tables for launching. So disappointed that Mickey's run away Mine Train is almost a year behind in an existing building. :( Wonder if they have even started or just gutted the attraction and walked over to Star Wars to construct. Disney has changed the projected opening season multiple times and now a year off...sadness. I look forward to Run away more than Star Wars.
My concern with Mickey and Minnie's Run Away railway before delayed so long is the crowds at DHS when Star Wars: Galaxies Edge first opens. I feel DHS does not have enough to handle the crowds when Star Wars: Galaxies Edge first open right now. I don't think Mickey and Minnie's Run Away Railway would fix that problem, but it would give more options for guests to go on at DHS.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
My concern with Mickey and Minnie's Run Away railway before delayed so long is the crowds at DHS when Star Wars: Galaxies Edge first opens. I feel DHS does not have enough to handle the crowds when Star Wars: Galaxies Edge first open right now. I don't think Mickey and Minnie's Run Away Railway would fix that problem, but it would give more options for guests to go on at DHS.

It doesn't have enough attractions now. Studios never really did. Even with 2 more Toy attractions and Run Away the park should be crazy when all of Star Wars opens, so when I need a Studio fix it will likely be Uni, maybe for a few years.

Goofyernmost

I’m so glad they did that with the old TWA terminal, and really want to stay there at some point...what an awesome tribute to those years gone by...!!!!! :happy:

During the Cuban Missle Crisis my pop tried to keep my mom away from the news (in a loving way, as he didn’t want her worrying), but, obviously, it was being talked about everywhere.
They wondered if there would be a world left to bring a child into if things went the other way...anyway, 56+ years later and my ol’ beeeeeeehind is still around...!!!!!!! :joyfull:;):)

Yes, Hilton did a really good job with the command center conversion. IIRC, the big round atrium/lobby was actually outdoor space, and the Hilton architects actually incorporated it into the interior of the structure...although, as I posted, I wish they would have gone retro with it all, it is, indeed, still a beautiful hotel...!!!!! :)

So glad you liked the “Connie” video...!!!!! :)
I’ve watched it a few times since I posted it, and I’m still fascinated by it...such a beautiful aircraft...!!!!!!! :inlove::geek:;):)
I'm kinda of confused... Didn't JetBlue take over and remodel that terminal a few years back? Or am I thinking of a different one.

MySmallWorldof4

@Songbird76 I found some hoodies at a gift shop on the way out of Islands of Adventure tonight.
05B8F558-BE38-4E26-9270-3084FDDA0951.jpeg9AF8EAAE-D978-4749-BAA6-50357CBE71C9.jpeg92520019-391F-4154-9950-4D6439AE0964.jpeg
We did all 3 parks again today. Only were at Volcano Bay for an hour. We ate lunch at The Three Broomsticks. I had veggie sides, oldest had beef pasties, dh and ds had ribs and chicken, and the 2 youngest had mac and cheese. The only complaint was about the ribs being tough.
We went on Gringot’s, Transformers, Simpsons, some rides in the Seuss area, Flight of the Hippogrif, ET, Men in Black, ds went on Hulk. They don’t allow pictures from any rides.
Here are some more pics.

Attachments

• C4D8DB29-B7AB-4A82-B899-E2C7D4E873EE.jpeg
    C4D8DB29-B7AB-4A82-B899-E2C7D4E873EE.jpeg
    96.1 KB · Views: 5
  • BA8A58B0-4FC7-413F-A85B-2D128093FF65.jpeg
    BA8A58B0-4FC7-413F-A85B-2D128093FF65.jpeg
    102.8 KB · Views: 4
  • CF659309-3341-4C97-A19F-8B8540CF3F67.jpeg
    CF659309-3341-4C97-A19F-8B8540CF3F67.jpeg
    179 KB · Views: 4
  • D84C964A-FBEA-4139-B3A7-21A4EE761D6C.jpeg
    D84C964A-FBEA-4139-B3A7-21A4EE761D6C.jpeg
    116.2 KB · Views: 4
  • CEDC9028-E751-41CA-8F04-8F8F31647DC1.jpeg
    CEDC9028-E751-41CA-8F04-8F8F31647DC1.jpeg
    131.3 KB · Views: 5
  • 882B1AAA-7883-4E03-A083-68B56BCE3B29.jpeg
    882B1AAA-7883-4E03-A083-68B56BCE3B29.jpeg
    137.9 KB · Views: 5
  • F0AE7FDE-0496-43D5-89DE-412866D15A7C.jpeg
    F0AE7FDE-0496-43D5-89DE-412866D15A7C.jpeg
    142.6 KB · Views: 6

Gabe1

@Songbird76 I found some hoodies at a gift shop on the way out of Islands of Adventure tonight.
View attachment 373638View attachment 373639View attachment 373640
We did all 3 parks again today. Only were at Volcano Bay for an hour. We ate lunch at The Three Broomsticks. I had veggie sides, oldest had beef pasties, dh and ds had ribs and chicken, and the 2 youngest had mac and cheese. The only complaint was about the ribs being tough.
We went on Gringot’s, Transformers, Simpsons, some rides in the Seuss area, Flight of the Hippogrif, ET, Men in Black, ds went on Hulk. They don’t allow pictures from any rides.
Here are some more pics.
What a great end to the school year! Appears your family is experiencing an awesome start to an Orlando vacation sorely needed this year. Be well and have so much fun.

wdwfan4ver

It doesn't have enough attractions now. Studios never really did. Even with 2 more Toy attractions and Run Away the park should be crazy when all of Star Wars opens, so when I need a Studio fix it will likely be Uni, maybe for a few years.
True about Studios never had enough attractions. That park felt rushed to open always played catch up as a result.

I first went to WDW Summer of 1991. I remembered that trip very well due to it be the trip my mom won. Disney MGM Studios was a disappointment to the family compare to Epcot and MK at the time although my younger tried to poke the bubbles from Muppetvision 3rd. We did do the Backlot Tour at the time and it was very long compare to the later version. Beauty and the Beauty Live on Stage was not open yet.

As Far Studios goes, I'm staying away from the park once Star Wars: Galaxies Edge opens. I do think the Extra Extra Magic Hours are going help DHS out for guests somewhat from 6 in the morning to 9 in the morning. As far as myself, I am not a fan of going to theme parks 6 in the morning.

Gabe1

It's a shame they closed GMR (road it May 2017) and then it just sits there dealt delay delay.

I understood the need to end the Great Movie attraction due to the 'rights to the attraction.' It is what it is when your attraction isn't fully your own. A gamble lost. Still, this is a long, long time to complete a single attraction after closing. I look at how long it took for FLE expansion, 2 attractions for AVATAR, so many times delayed. Half of Star Wars opening...it is a pattern. Somehow Uni manages to open their at their advertised opening dates for those booking vacations. I realize countless Imagineers were let go from Disney and were employed by Uni, but lessons learned should smack reality a decade later, of one one would think the pattern would think. Or there would be the Administrative thinking...people like me that love the place so much that we forgive, we return so many times a year.......the minority that went elsewhere.

Gabe1

True about Studios never had enough attractions. That park felt rushed to open always played catch up as a result.

I first went to WDW Summer of 1991. I remembered that trip very well due to it be the trip my mom won. Disney MGM Studios was a disappointment to the family compare to Epcot and MK at the time although my younger tried to poke the bubbles from Muppetvision 3rd. We did do the Backlot Tour at the time and it was very long compare to the later version. Beauty and the Beauty Live on Stage was not open yet.

As Far Studios goes, I'm staying away from the park once Star Wars: Galaxies Edge opens. I do think the Extra Extra Magic Hours are going help DHS out for
somewhat from 6 in the morning to 9 in the morning. As far as myself, I am not a fan of going to theme parks 6 in the morning.

Blurg. Due to Disney's change of plans and opening Star Wars half completed we will be down there at the half Grand Opening. Don't know what to expect. We have opt out plans for Uni if it stupid, We are locked into DVC for our long fall trip. We go frequently enough that we hope to just roll with it. I feel for families that have to juggle cancelling their plans. That is always rough, so many of us are far more fortunate than others that have to bail given the unknown.

MinnieM123

Premium Member

That was amazing!! (Love the soundtrack in the background--perfect accompaniment to the vintage vehicles.) I was going to ask about the ownership, but 93boomer already did. Surprised to hear that these cars, etc., are all garaged on the island--I had just assumed that some of these may have been located off-site, and perhaps shipped in for this event.

As well, I was very surprised by the number of vehicles that turned out for this parade-- wow! What a cool event you get to experience on your island!!! :cool: :joyfull:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom