The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Did you forget to take the manual out before turning it on?:cautious: and ovens need to be run before using to burn off any residual chemicals. Wait you're cooking? Was the fire department and poison control alerted?:cautious:

What manual? The oven has a manual? :jawdrop: I do half recall the landlord mentioning to us (about 10 years ago) that it was a self-cleaning oven, but I haven't a clue how that's done. :p So I just do it old-style.

The oven cleaning spray I used is supposed to be used on a cold oven, and then wait about 4 hours and clean it out. So I didn't turn on the oven first, if that's what you were referring to above. Once I washed out all the gunk that the spray knocked out after 4 hours, I did at that point, turn on the oven to about 300 for maybe 10 minutes, just to burn off any residual chemical smell.

Sometimes I cook in the oven, but hubs tends to use it more than me. He also likes to get greasy stains inside -- and after a point, then the oven will start smoking if you turn it on. I wait for it to get to that point, and then force myself to clean it. :facepalm:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I agree... most of the time I never go in there, but twice this month I've needed to, to withdrawal larger sums of cash. Been a member with the credit union for 30 years. They are suppose to charge me $5 if I go inside for a transaction, but they never do...

Wait a minute! They charge you $5 to walk in there? Must be serving more than coffee and lollipops--maybe sandwiches and chips? :geek:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Disney is building all these hotels and rooms, where are these people going to go? The parks are crazy esp the MK. Though Epcot wasn't too bad.

I've had the exact same thought as you, when I've been reading about all the new hotels, etc. It will mean that the parks will reach critical mass more often -- not just on the big holiday or festival dates either. :(

Figgy1

Premium Member
Oh no, a big family thing. I was hoping you two could go out for a nice break, and some good food. I love going out to eat, and this week off from work was an excuse to do it more often! :happy:
Thank you at least I have my onion rings and chia/flax seed crackers in the dehydrator:joyfull: so I have the good food portion covered;) There's not a lot of places to go out to when doing a raw cleanse:rolleyes:

Goofyernmost

What manual? The oven has a manual? :jawdrop: I do half recall the landlord mentioning to us (about 10 years ago) that it was a self-cleaning oven, but I haven't a clue how that's done. :p So I just do it old-style.

The oven cleaning spray I used is supposed to be used on a cold oven, and then wait about 4 hours and clean it out. So I didn't turn on the oven first, if that's what you were referring to above. Once I washed out all the gunk that the spray knocked out after 4 hours, I did at that point, turn on the oven to about 300 for maybe 10 minutes, just to burn off any residual chemical smell.

Sometimes I cook in the oven, but hubs tends to use it more than me. He also likes to get greasy stains inside -- and after a point, then the oven will start smoking if you turn it on. I wait for it to get to that point, and then force myself to clean it. :facepalm:
At least you haven't used the self cleaner to cook with. I once had a tenant that cooked a Christmas Turkey using the self cleaner. Two things about them, they run up to 500+ degrees and the door locks up until the cycle is done and it cools down enough to open it. They told me it cooked the bird perfectly. Sometimes ignorance is definitely bliss. I did tell them that could have easily burnt the place down, so please don't do that again.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom