• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

ajrwdwgirl

Just added 2 more days to the beginning of my September trip... now we are split staying 2 days at music.. 8 days at POP... We've never stayed at Music... have any of you?
I have stayed at the Music, it is my least favorite of the 3 All Stars. I just don't like the way it is laid out, if you don't get the Calypso or Jazz section it is a long walk to the bus stop/main area. And it seemed the least Disney of the three. If it was cheapest though I would book it again.

Edit: I just saw your post that it is the Movies you are staying at. I do like that one. I like staying in the 101 Dalmatians section or the Might Ducks section. The Mighty Ducks section is far from the bus stop and main area but it is about 1-2 minute walk from the Music bus stop/main area. The last two times I stayed at the Movies we were in the Mighty Ducks area and we liked being by that pool and the short walk to the Music bus/stop food court. I timed our walks and from the Ducks section it was a 5 minute walk to the Movies bus stop and about 2 minutes (I made it there in about 1.5 minutes if I walked without hubs) to the Music. It was also nice to have the option to use either Movies or Music bus from a park if we wanted.

Last edited:

ajrwdwgirl

Thanks! I was hoping for a toy story room area. I booked preferred because that’s all that was left. Hoping that they have most of the rooms refurbed by September.
Cool, the Toy Story area is really cute. I think there are preferred rooms in the Fantasia and same in the 101 Dalmatians area too. I think it is the Movies food court that has a secret menu. If you asked them for the secret menu they brought out a special case, at least if I remember correctly, we never asked for it I read an article on the Disney Food Blog. I think there was a hamburger with donut buns on it!

Rista1313

Cool, the Toy Story area is really cute. I think there are preferred rooms in the Fantasia and same in the 101 Dalmatians area too. I think it is the Movies food court that has a secret menu. If you asked them for the secret menu they brought out a special case, at least if I remember correctly, we never asked for it I read an article on the Disney Food Blog. I think there was a hamburger with donut buns on it!
Yes that’s the plan! Actually it was already the plan before I booked the extra days. We saw the secret menu on one of the Disney bloggers YouTube video. Scott wants to try the cinnamon roll burger, and I’m going to get the poutine.

MinnieM123

Day 3 of staycation. Took a nice long walk in a nature area this morning. Then I stopped in to a roast beef place (a small place that's been around since the 60's--and none of the decor looks like it's ever been changed :p. I like this little restaurant because the roast beef sandwiches are awesome. I also observed that guys really like roast beef. I was the only chick in there -- and about 20 guys! :hilarious: (Ambulance drivers in particular seem to flock to this place.)

This afternoon I cleaned the oven (had to -- there was smoke when it heated up . . . :joyfull: ) and did some financial stuff.

SteveBrickNJ

Day 3 of staycation. Took a nice long walk in a nature area this morning. Then I stopped in to a roast beef place (a small place that's been around since the 60's--and none of the decor looks like it's ever been changed :p. I like this little restaurant because the roast beef sandwiches are awesome. I also observed that guys really like roast beef. I was the only chick in there -- and about 20 guys! :hilarious: (Ambulance drivers in particular seem to flock to this place.)

This afternoon I cleaned the oven (had to -- there was smoke when it heated up . . . :joyfull: ) and did some financial stuff.
Sounds like a well balanced day :)

ajrwdwgirl

The roast beef place sounds great. I hope you are enjoying your staycation!

Our oven needs cleaning too, so if you want to come over...... :);)

ajrwdwgirl

Quickie mini-rant: Want to scream at all these financial companies (banks, investment companies, etc.) that want you, the customer, to create an online account. Problem is, I always have trouble with those--no matter how I try to understand how to get into an account, it will always reject me. I write down the stupid passwords, etc. but nothing works. Then my account gets locked. So I'll call the "customer service" line and they'll ask me for something called a phone pin. Heard of those in the past but they keep changing those, too. Losing my mind here . .. :banghead:
I hate when I can't remember my passwords. I have a cheat sheet with my codes but there is one code I need for something soon and I didn't write it down. I guess I'll be making some calls.

donaldtoo

Yah, it's all just crazy with the computers that the state uses, for the past 2 years or so. The mechanics in the repair shops don't like them either, because they know the readings can sometimes be wonky. Adding to that, now the state just pays these guys a flat yearly rate for the inspections, versus in the past when each individual garage could charge it's own rate (nothing outrageous, but they did better with their own billing). And I don't believe that there was any discounted rate for the customers, when the state took over either. So it appears as though it's just the state getting a better deal here, by flat rating the garages.

(Not that I support going over the speed limit), but he said he had to really boot it (80) in some (very low traffic) wide open, straight-aways on a highway way out in the western part of the state, to attempt to kick start the sensors to "read" data. It's nuts that (some) cars have to go through this lunacy for an emissions passing grade. (Note: we also could have had the 2 sensors replaced, but what if that didn't work either?) My point here is that the car is perfectly safe to drive -- last year we put in $1,800 for brakes and front end work, and everything is fine--and yet, if that sensor thing failed, the car would not be allowed on the road! Tell me this new system makes any sense??!! :banghead:
Interesting, as I was referring to the cars computer/system needing to reset by having to drive it several miles before it “gets it” that all is now OK and the “check engine” light goes off. I haven’t heard of any trouble mechanics have been having with diagnostic equipment.

As you know, I do all of our brakes myself.
I had too many mechanics in years past tell me that my pads were gettin’ thin and should be replaced now/very soon, only to go home and pull the wheels to find out that was a bunch of Bravo Sierra. :rolleyes:
I think I posted a little while back that youngest DD was convinced her front brakes were all worn down because of the vibration, yet there was absolutely no grinding noise. I told her it sounded to me like the rotors were warped. Sure ‘nough, when I pulled the wheels she had at least 3/8” left on all 4 pads.
I plopped some new rotors on, problem solved. I suggested she quit diving into stops, ‘cause all that constant back and forth between frictional super heating and cooling is what warps them.
That was a few months or so back, and, so far, I haven’t heard of any more braking vibration.......yet...!!! ;)
And, now that I think about it, I’ve never actually had to have front end work done on a car before... :cyclops:

Also, I haven’t had to pay for a set of brake pads in years, as AutoZone has a lifetime warranty...!!!!! :)

Top Bottom