The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Figgy1

Premium Member
Uh no. Unexpected errands took me 2 hours today🙄. My kids vacuumed at least. The house is clean. The kids' and dh's stuff is packed. We ordered new replacement swings from Amazon and they came today., but the chain is too small for the hook on our swing set. I already :banghead:returned 3 pairs of water shoes from Amazon at UPS today because they were too small for dh. Argh, I don't want to go back!
Safe travels and don't forget to have fun and take pics

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Just added 2 more days to the beginning of my September trip... now we are split staying 2 days at music.. 8 days at POP... We've never stayed at Music... have any of you?

I have stayed at the Music, it is my least favorite of the 3 All Stars. I just don't like the way it is laid out, if you don't get the Calypso or Jazz section it is a long walk to the bus stop/main area. And it seemed the least Disney of the three. If it was cheapest though I would book it again.

Edit: I just saw your post that it is the Movies you are staying at. I do like that one. I like staying in the 101 Dalmatians section or the Might Ducks section. The Mighty Ducks section is far from the bus stop and main area but it is about 1-2 minute walk from the Music bus stop/main area. The last two times I stayed at the Movies we were in the Mighty Ducks area and we liked being by that pool and the short walk to the Music bus/stop food court. I timed our walks and from the Ducks section it was a 5 minute walk to the Movies bus stop and about 2 minutes (I made it there in about 1.5 minutes if I walked without hubs) to the Music. It was also nice to have the option to use either Movies or Music bus from a park if we wanted.

Last edited:

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Thanks! I was hoping for a toy story room area. I booked preferred because that’s all that was left. Hoping that they have most of the rooms refurbed by September.

Cool, the Toy Story area is really cute. I think there are preferred rooms in the Fantasia and same in the 101 Dalmatians area too. I think it is the Movies food court that has a secret menu. If you asked them for the secret menu they brought out a special case, at least if I remember correctly, we never asked for it I read an article on the Disney Food Blog. I think there was a hamburger with donut buns on it!

Rista1313

Cool, the Toy Story area is really cute. I think there are preferred rooms in the Fantasia and same in the 101 Dalmatians area too. I think it is the Movies food court that has a secret menu. If you asked them for the secret menu they brought out a special case, at least if I remember correctly, we never asked for it I read an article on the Disney Food Blog. I think there was a hamburger with donut buns on it!

Yes that’s the plan! Actually it was already the plan before I booked the extra days. We saw the secret menu on one of the Disney bloggers YouTube video. Scott wants to try the cinnamon roll burger, and I’m going to get the poutine.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Day 3 of staycation. Took a nice long walk in a nature area this morning. Then I stopped in to a roast beef place (a small place that's been around since the 60's--and none of the decor looks like it's ever been changed :p. I like this little restaurant because the roast beef sandwiches are awesome. I also observed that guys really like roast beef. I was the only chick in there -- and about 20 guys! :hilarious: (Ambulance drivers in particular seem to flock to this place.)

This afternoon I cleaned the oven (had to -- there was smoke when it heated up . . . :joyfull: ) and did some financial stuff.

SteveBrickNJ

Day 3 of staycation. Took a nice long walk in a nature area this morning. Then I stopped in to a roast beef place (a small place that's been around since the 60's--and none of the decor looks like it's ever been changed :p. I like this little restaurant because the roast beef sandwiches are awesome. I also observed that guys really like roast beef. I was the only chick in there -- and about 20 guys! :hilarious: (Ambulance drivers in particular seem to flock to this place.)

This afternoon I cleaned the oven (had to -- there was smoke when it heated up . . . :joyfull: ) and did some financial stuff.
Sounds like a well balanced day :)

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member

The roast beef place sounds great. I hope you are enjoying your staycation!

Our oven needs cleaning too, so if you want to come over...... :);)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom