The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Songbird76

I have no idea why they wouldn't ask the other kids that witnessed what happened. I am also surprised that, when this became a physical event, it stopped with the mentor. I tell my lunch supervisors if anyone sees anything physical, that is an automatic office referral.

And, to be clear, this is no longer tattling. This is beyond name calling. What is to stop this girl from doing much worse, at this point? If it were me, I think I would send an email, that someone should ask DD and friends about the episode. Truthfully, it sounds like they are already targeting them for hanging around with this poor girl. They want to isolate her, and then she would lose all credibility with this mentor, as the kid who must have something wrong with her, because she doesn't hang around with anyone, while A is pretty, smart, and well liked.

Whatever you decide to do, please give your DD some praise and a big hug for being a good friend.
I think what bugs me about these incidents is that there are always a bunch of kids standing there, and no one ever bothers to ask any of them what happened. It's like a bad teen movie....you have the queen bee A, and the outcast L with red hair, braces, and teachers who are either oblivious or who don't really want to deal with it, but just want it to be done with. Why haven't the parents been called in to have a chat?

I feel like the school needs to know there's a problem, but I also wonder if it's my place to clue them in as it's not my kid getting kicked/hit, etc. But, like you said, she is already getting dragged in by hanging out with this girl, so I guess it might as well be me who blows the whistle. Thanks for the advice!

Songbird76

So sad. I will have to think about this. If others are witnessing like DD, they need to keep a running log of incidents to show teachers/mentors. If someone has a phone they can secretly record the incidents?
Well, they all have phones. They have to, because that's how they access their schedule and their homework. Sometimes, if a teacher is sick, they can't find a sub, so that class gets canceled, or the classroom changes. They have an app on their phones that lets them see where they are supposed to be when. BUT, they've also made it illegal here to film things instead of helping in a situation like this. I'm not sure what exactly the rules are, but it's to keep people from posting pictures of accidents and such on social media instead of calling an ambulance....that kind of thing. But I'm not sure how a fight in school would fit in there, if they'd get in trouble for that or not.
DD wanted to talk to her mentor yesterday, but she never got a chance because her mentor is her English teacher and they had a big test in English. I think we'll send the mentor an email, asking for a meeting with DD so she can tell her mentor what's going on, but without A finding out it was DD who turned her in. And DD also said there was a boy from a different class who saw the incident where A was kicking L's foot, and the kid is friends with someone from DD's old school, so they were talking about it and that kid said A really isn't very nice. Apparently she's known for being a witch.

Rista1313

Really? I would save 90% of the time we only spend 10 -15 minutes tops in security lines.

The one check point yesterday was a an anomaly, but the other (usually the north one away from Delta )is the 10-15 minute line

I'm thinking it's because I always leave MSP on a Sunday afternoon in June.... it seems to be the busiest time.. sometimes the wait times are over an hour. It's annoying!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom