The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

21stamps

Today is T’s 9th bday!

As you all know, our schedules are crazy right now. That kid still has 5-6 Christmas presents that he hasn’t even taken out of the box- legos, science kits, etc.

He couldn’t think of what to ask for on this bday, well, besides a new golf club set and FCC jersey.. So, I came up with an idea.. he LOVED it!! The least amount of presents he’s ever opened, but just as big of a smile. He jumped up and said “This is the best gift ever! I love you so much!! Thank you!!”❤❤

I’ll share, because although I don’t have decent crafting skills, I did put effort into this, thinking of the idea yesterday, and then hurriedly completing it last night.lol.

A binder that I mod podged wrapping paper, with 9 coupons, 9 of of my favorite quotes, and extra paper for photos of him utilizing the 9 coupons, and other adventures during age 9.

Last edited:

Cesar R M

You'd be surprised. I have friends who already have seen grey hair, and I knew guys in college who were already losing their hair.

I fully expect to go grey in my forties or so based on my parents, but I intend to milk it until then.
I had an uncle who lost most of his hair by 20.

And a cousin who was almost completely white by at 28 o_o

wdwfan4ver

You'd be surprised. I have friends who already have seen grey hair, and I knew guys in college who were already losing their hair.

I fully expect to go grey in my forties or so based on my parents, but I intend to milk it until then.
Hair loss is pretty common in late teens/early 20s.
I can speak for myself. I started to lose hair by the time I turned 20 although it did take my younger brother longer to start to lose his. We still have some hair left.

As far as my hair color goes, I doubt I will get grey hair before my 50s or later. My dad's hair turned grey in his 50s.

My mom is older than my dad, but she does not have any grey hair. The catch is my mom does not dye her hair at all.

My mom not having grey hair is due to her genetics. I did not know her mom, but I saw her in my parents wedding pictures. Grandma was in her mid 50's, but she had no grey hair at all. She didn't dye her hair either. Grandma died the year after my parents got married, but still no grey hair despite not dying it.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
But the real question is... are you using packing cubes?!

Sorry to disappoint, no packing cubes for me. In the past I have used vacuum seal bags that saved space. But I don’t use them anymore, they usually make me overpack then I have to pay the heavy bag fee.

I’m at the airport right now and my bag was only 28 pounds. And only took me 10 minutes in security, because I was smart enough to walk to the other end of the airport. The one near the Delta check in was posted at 40 minutes.

Thanks to all for the well wishes on safe travel!

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Personally I don't think it's very acceptable for guys to dye their hair... it always looks fake to me... more fake than womans dye. Maybe because they use the "for men" dye that only has like 6 color choices!

As long as it's done correctly, I know some guys who color their hair -- and I wouldn't have known had the subject not come up in conversation. (They don't color it themselves--they go have it done.)

But I've also seen some "home" hair dye jobs, and those were hideous! :p

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Today is T’s 9th bday!

As you all know, our schedules are crazy right now. That kid still has 5-6 Christmas presents that he hasn’t even taken out of the box- legos, science kits, etc.

He couldn’t think of what to ask for on this bday, well, besides a new golf club set and FCC jersey.. So, I came up with an idea.. he LOVED it!! The least amount of presents he’s ever opened, but just as big of a smile. He jumped up and said “This is the best gift ever! I love you so much!! Thank you!!”❤❤

I’ll share, because although I don’t have decent crafting skills, I did put effort into this, thinking of the idea yesterday, and then hurriedly completing it last night.lol.

A binder that I mod podged wrapping paper, with 9 coupons, 9 of of my favorite quotes, and extra paper for photos of him utilizing the 9 coupons, and other adventures during age 9.

View attachment 365855View attachment 365856View attachment 365857View attachment 365858View attachment 365859View attachment 365860View attachment 365861View attachment 365862View attachment 365863

Well, a very Happy Birthday to T from me! :happy:

I think your gift was very creative, and I'm glad to hear that he really appreciated your efforts. Nicely done.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Sorry to disappoint, no packing cubes for me. In the past I have used vacuum seal bags that saved space. But I don’t use them anymore, they usually make me overpack then I have to pay the heavy bag fee.

I’m at the airport right now and my bag was only 28 pounds. And only took me 10 minutes in security, because I was smart enough to walk to the other end of the airport. The one near the Delta check in was posted at 40 minutes.

Thanks to all for the well wishes on safe travel!

Happy, happy trip!!! And check in with us often -- you know how we all like to keep tabs on you! :p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom