The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

donaldtoo

On my commute home tonight, I heard of the scheduled closing of the Jack in the Box on Guadalupe Street (also known as “The Drag”) in the heart of the UT campus that has been there for decades. I can’t even remember how many times I and my “buds” late-night frequented that establishment back from about ‘80-84...!!!!! :cautious::hilarious:;):)
Anyway, it’s being torn down to be replaced by a “boutique hotel”, whatever the hell that carp is... :cyclops:
But, ultimately, that reminded me about this commercial, and who else here might remember these Rodney Allen Rippy JitB commercials...???!!!!! :hilarious::happy::)

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I still remember watching that film in grade school. Why did they think it was a good idea to show us that?

I had many a talk about curriculum with our Superintendent about the 'choices' they made for reading materials and films over glasses of wine. We are good buddies, her DD and my DS are the same age and they even dated a little while way back so we have had some real open, candid talks.

One of my pet peeves is some of the elementary chapter books that are chosen for classroom reading assignments. The kids dog dies in a race and kid carries dead dog over finish line... Kid locked in a shed a chunk of her life and so forth. My DD was assigned by her classroom teachers 3 years in a row (she was an advanced reader) Anne Frank story and report. The 3rd time I said NO! Enough now.

Like Disney Films they gold metal books or classics all seem to revolve around sadness and tragedy at a very young school age. Wonder why a chunk of kids don't enjoy reading look at what is mandated for them to read. I could get my kids easily to read Wimpy Kids, Tree House, Goosebumps, Judy Blume, June B Jone type books. Light hearted and funny. Don't get the need to depress the heck out young kids with deep meaning, soul saddening novels. rant over

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
He looks awfully sad doesn't he?

I'm not sure about Sad more to me anyhow he looks confused where he never did when assigned to President Bush. I have seen a great deal of Sully short videos and he plays hard off duty and is loved and beloved, a good life. But he was raised to have a purpose and with his handler trainer frequently now he seems to be more the celebrity pup over a working dog. He seems to be confused as to what the heck he is supposed to be doing while that vest is on. Did you note that finger tip command on top of his head. He listens and obeys so well. I hope he becomes comfortable at Walter Reed, if not she should go to a Vet with needs similar to those for what he was trained to do. He is a beautiful pup inside and out.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom