The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MySmallWorldof4

Trip Report Part 14:

San Juan PR , Some photos before we continue the text wall..

View attachment 353265

Infront of the Fountain..

View attachment 353266
The Fountain's back. Looking towards downtown old San Juan.

View attachment 353267
A walled door in one of the walls that lead towards La Fortaleza. With a resident local cat doing what cats do best.

View attachment 353268
Old San Juan with its old ancient cobblestone.

View attachment 353272

The statue commemorating the "miracle".

View attachment 353271

The old tree slowly recovering.

View attachment 353270
The view, note the tree and the pier damage..

Here is an older image so you can see the differences.. including destroyed lightposts.

323634456-puerta-de-san-juan-paseo-de-la-princesa-san-juan-puerto-rico-puerto-rico-usa.jpg

Continued in part 15.
All of this is so interesting! Love how indepth you get. I feel like I am there. That homeless person’s yellow house is really interesting.
You sure have one heck of a huge lens. Don’t know that I have seen one that big. Keep the tr coming!

MouseDreaming

MouseDreaming

Well @Gabe1 I finally sucked it up and ordered an I-Pass transponder today... we are going to be in St. Charles in May... and I'm tired of having to move all the way over to the right on the freeway to pay tolls. I'll probably only use it twice a year.. but since funds never expire..it's worth it!
We resisted, too. But, now it is pretty convenient, and cheaper, too. Plus, tolls by me are starting to go to open toll, or remember to pay on line.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Well @Gabe1 I finally sucked it up and ordered an I-Pass transponder today... we are going to be in St. Charles in May... and I'm tired of having to move all the way over to the right on the freeway to pay tolls. I'll probably only use it twice a year.. but since funds never expire..it's worth it!

We even have an i pass, so much easier for our trips down to Illinois.

MySmallWorldof4

Today was a trying day at school. Lots of crying and upset 2 & 3 graders. Momo stories are driving them crazy.
I really hope this one dies off soon.
Dd’s coach put a fb post about it. To be honest I never heard of it up to then. My kids don’t watch those videos thankfully. How horribly sick those people are. How is youtube not able to find the creep and put an end to it. Hopefully there is some behind the scenes stuff going on.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I've been to Ben and Jerry's. :hungry:

When I was driving municipal buses, we had one route that was called the College Street Shuttle. It ran from the waterfront on Lake Champlain up through the University of Vermont campus at the top of the hill in Burlington. Along the way was a vacant lot that was where the original Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream store was located. At that time it was being used as a small parking area with a small historical display on the corner. I used to point that out to people that were just visiting. I'll tell you how old I am, I remember when Jerry used to stand on the street corner or go to small conventions and scoop out free ice cream samples trying to build the business.

Been there, too! Loved the factory tour and especially the delicious free samples of ice cream at the end!! :hungry: :hungry:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Dd’s coach put a fb post about it. To be honest I never heard of it up to then. My kids don’t watch those videos thankfully. How horribly sick those people are. How is youtube not able to find the creep and put an end to it. Hopefully there is some behind the scenes stuff going on.

I only heard about this on the news this morning. No limit to the number of twisted sickos out there. I'm glad I was a kid who grew up in the Stone Age, so wasn't I exposed to this garbage.

Goofyernmost

I've seen the Buffalo Bill gravesite -- it's in Colorado on Lookout Mountain. (Hubs grew up very close by there.)
Amazing, I was stationed in Denver for training. We used to drive up to the top of Lookout Mountain. There was a small club there, if the legend was correct, the place where Janice Joplin started out. We'd tank up and head back down the mountain. Like most mountain roads in Colorado there were no guardrail and were made up of winding twisting roads all the way down. You could see scattered car parts all down the side of that mountain where cars had gone off the edge. How I survived my youth is anyone's guess. Must be some powerful source wanted me to live long enough to spread my wisdom all over the interwebs via discussion groups.

Last edited:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Amazing, I was stationed in Denver for basic training. We used to drive up to the top of Lookout Mountain. There was a small club there, if the legend was correct, the place where Janice Joplin started out. We'd tank up and head back down the mountain. Like most mountain roads in Colorado there were no guardrail and were made up of winding twisting roads all the way down. You could see scattered car parts all down the side of that mountain where cars had gone off the edge. How I survived my youth is anyone's guess. Must be some powerful source wanted me to live long enough to spread my wisdom all over the interwebs via discussion groups.

Yah, a lot of those mountain roads are really scary!! (Talk about deep drop-offs!) :jawdrop:

MySmallWorldof4

I only heard about this on the news this morning. No limit to the number of twisted sickos out there. I'm glad I was a kid who grew up in the Stone Age, so wasn't I exposed to this garbage.
Agreed. All these videos should be scrutinized by some authority before they can be allowed to go live. All tv shows have ratings. We may need something like that in the future because the small amount of crazy people ruin things for everyone.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom