The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

StarWarsGirl

Disney Moonlight Magic in Epcot this May with fireworks near midnight.
Enjoy! We went to the MK one about two weeks ago; it was so much fun. Space was a five minute wait, so we went on it twice in a row, and then we did Buzz several times. We were able to do Peter Pan's Flight without waiting too long. We did 7DMT at the end of the night and waited about 20 minutes. The fireworks were great, they did free CS dinners, and free ice cream. It was awesome. Highly recommend it.

We're planning on doing one of the AK ones in August.

donaldtoo

Seems like a city, huh? How can a town of 80,000 people possibly support that many burger establishments?

That actually doesn’t sound like oversaturation, to me anyway. That’s 1 burger joint for every 10,000 citizens. Plus, that doesn’t include folks who live just outside the city limits (or even further, depending on how close a burger joint is to them), those visiting, or those passing through town looking for a quick bite to eat on their way to somewhere else.
We have 8 (off the top of my head) burger joints within’ less than 2 miles from our house, and they’ve all been around for years...
1 McD’s, 1 BK, 2 Wendy’s, 1 Whataburger, 1DQ, 1 P. Terry’s, and 1 Moonie’s Burger House.
More than enough appetite to go around, I guess...!!! :)

FutureCEO

Enjoy! We went to the MK one about two weeks ago; it was so much fun. Space was a five minute wait, so we went on it twice in a row, and then we did Buzz several times. We were able to do Peter Pan's Flight without waiting too long. We did 7DMT at the end of the night and waited about 20 minutes. The fireworks were great, they did free CS dinners, and free ice cream. It was awesome. Highly recommend it.

We're planning on doing one of the AK ones in August.

I'm excited....to be able to ride Soarin without a fastpass or a 500 hour wait. Although considering Epcot doesn't have a lot of rides...it still might be a 500 hour wait.

21stamps

Hi all..

Please say a prayer or send good thoughts to Reilly today. He’s been walking/sitting with his head down since last night. Then this morning he wouldn’t walk outside by himself, couldn’t get down the steps, and then looked very disoriented just standing on the grass. I carried him back inside. He wouldn’t eat or drink, still won’t lift his head up, just laying in his daybed.

I have a meeting at 9am that I can’t miss. I’ve called my mom to take him to the vet.. depending on what they say, I’ll leave work right after my meeting. I’m so worried.

Goofyernmost

I'm sorry to read about your lack of family meal places. It's happening all over America but I can't understand why. The Bob Evans we went to is an 1 and 15 minutes from my home. We made a special trip there because: #1 it was something different to do...and #2 We had received a $50 gift card for Bob Evans.
There WAS a Denny's within walking distance of my neighborhood but it closed 7 or 8 years ago. My nearest family restaurant is 10 minutes away....I-Hop.
I think it has to do more with "status" then taste or concern about a meals chemical contents. It became someplace where it was embarrassing to go to because it was a good meal for a small amount of money. What would the neighbors think if they found out that their neighborhood had become a ghetto of people that enjoyed a decent meal for a lower price. So, the high priced specialty restaurants became the place to be seen and who wanted to be thought of as a peasant? I don't think that there was one item on the Bob Evans menu that included kelp! How does one answer the question of where they went for dinner, with nothing exotic to mention? Saying that you had Chicken noodle soup and meatloaf for dinner will not turn any heads or create any prestige for you.

SteveBrickNJ

I think it has to do more with "status" then taste or concern about a meals chemical contents. It became someplace where it was embarrassing to go to because it was a good meal for a small amount of money. What would the neighbors think if they found out that their neighborhood had become a ghetto of people that enjoyed a decent meal for a lower price. So, the high priced specialty restaurants became the place to be seen and who wanted to be thought of as a peasant? I don't think that there was one item on the Bob Evans menu that included kelp! How does one answer the question of where they went for dinner, with nothing exotic to mention? Saying that you had Chicken noodle soup and meatloaf for dinner will not turn any heads or create any prestige for you.
Yeah but people are not embarrased to go to Taco Bell or other fast food. Maybe you are right.Yet I can't picture my neighbors acting the way you describe. Probably varies from community to community.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom