The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Tony the Tigger

So upgrading gets rid of that pop up that forces me to reload the page?

It should!

I had been using the free version for the last several weeks without issue. This morning I could barely read a post without a “takeover ad” making me start over.

Think the title had something to do with a cruise. Are you still planning a cruise?

Yes, but not soon. Used the points on AP’s and trips, so have to start saving up again after our passes expire in September.

Someone asked about FL real estate - our home has more than doubled since we bought it at the bottom of the crash in 2010, but the real missed opportunity was when I first moved down 20 years ago.

Weather is gorgeous at WDW today, after a chilly morning. Back to chilly in a few hours, I’d bet.

Goofyernmost

Well that's true... didn't think of it that way. I was thinking more of people who purposely save large chunks of money to leave to their kids!
That would be because they have large chunks of money... most of us don't. In a way they are buying their children's love. (If we want to get that deep) I know I wish I had been successful enough in life to be able to leave lot's of money to my kids, but, as I told them, if they want to blame someone for them not having a huge inheritance, blame my parents, if they had been rich and left me piles of money they'd get some too. Maybe!

MinnieM123

Premium Member
My parents moved into an apartment quite a few years ago too... they were tired of the upkeep and wanted something smaller once all us kids were gone. I don't expect any money to be left when they go... spend it while you got it!

I never really understood the concept of leaving your kids money when you die.

Not all parents want to spend a lot, and some may have a heartfelt desire to share more of it, to help out their kids, and their grandchildren. Some others also have their favorite charities they donate to.

My parents enjoyed some really nice trips, cruises, etc. Other than that, they were conservative with their spending. I guess everyone's parents do what's best for their own specific situation. :happy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom